Status
Not open for further replies.

SupahEwok

Malapropic Homophone
Legacy
Jun 24, 2010
Country
Texas
This protest and subsequent riot are despicable and beyond the bounds of common decency. A horrible face for Americans, to our children and to the world. Those people aren't practicing proper social distancing whatsoever. What a bunch of MAGA hat, ignorant redneck idiots.

Revnak

We must imagine Sisyphus horny
Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
This protest and subsequent riot are despicable and beyond the bounds of common decency. A horrible face for Americans, to our children and to the world. Those people aren't practicing proper social distancing whatsoever. What a bunch of MAGA hat, ignorant redneck idiots.
Funny enough, a handful of people from the pro-COVID protests showed up. Few heavily armed skullmasks, perhaps of Nazi dispositions (I dunno how popular skullmasks have gotten outside of the Nazi side of the Boogaloo Bois). One guy reportedly had his gun taken away from him by another protester because they didn’t want to escalate things to gunfights, though that could easily be somebody lying to keep any militia type from meeting a black person and deciding the race war isn’t worth it.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
More to come I imagine

Edit- pretty confident I saw a woman galloping through the riot on a horse, so that’s rad.

Last edited:

fOx

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2017
Country
United States
I would actually advocate for what I like to call "counter rioting." Essentially, rioting in favor of the police and local governments. It should be up to the community to protect their neighborhoods from violence, and their property from damage. The constitution calls for a "well regulated militia." It may be time to bring that back into practice.

Reactions: Revnak

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Based on people who are following police chatter, it seems the cops have fled the precinct building.
Edit- definitely looks like protesters have taken the building. This is gonna get wild.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
The Amazing Lucas video is back in all of its horror. Hope everyone gets a chance to watch it before it gets pulled again.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
The people are also enforcing a strict shelter in place order for the murder cop.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
This will go wrong in one of two ways easily.

1) The protests turn to rioting and seemingly then looting which won't look like people care about the actual issue at hand

2) Large gatherings of people during a pandemic situation means easy srepad.

Pretty wild that we've decided that using tear gas on enemy soldiers is 100% illegal but using it on our own citizens is entirely kosher, because the Chemical Weapons Convention explicitly carved out an exception.
That's more because in such situations you can shoot to kill the enemy soldiers. Doesn't work that was with civilians. In combat scenarios people are pinned down and so using chemical weapons forces them to either try to survive the chemical weapon and suffer it's effects or run out and be killed under fire. The idea is civilians can retreat safely

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
The people are also enforcing a strict shelter in place order for the murder cop.
I doubt the delivery drivers are saying that. More "Fuck this I'm not risking dealing with you lot trying to smash up my car just to deliver 1 order"

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
I doubt the delivery drivers are saying that. More "Fuck this I'm not risking dealing with you lot trying to smash up my car just to deliver 1 order"
I dunno, maybe some of them have necks they’d prefer cops not break.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Just pointing out it's a bit of a more extreme claim to present it as Police broke his neck rather than Police caused his death by suffocation.
One require a lot more force and brutality than the other.
"Acceptably forceful murder."
"A bandaid for your bullethole."

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
Just pointing out it's a bit of a more extreme claim to present it as Police broke his neck rather than Police caused his death by suffocation.
One require a lot more force and brutality than the other.
It paints a better image than strangle, and one more accurate to the brutality of the act in this case given he put his full body weight on a man’s throat for ten minutes. Don’t “well actually” a brutal murder with a brutal murderer into being ok.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
Yeah, it's gettin kind of nuts out there (I'm from Minnesota for those who don't know that)

My street corner had a group of protesters at it earlier (they might still be there I suppose, I haven't gone out to look the past few hours).

Just a dozen or so people with signs (all wearing masks so they're at least doing a good job of that part with Covid happening). Some of the pictures and video coming out of Minneapolis though is insane. Lot of anger over what went down and it (doesn't help that Minneapolis and Minnesota Police has had a few of these issues if anyone remembers people like Philando Castile (the guy who told the cop he had a conceal and carry gun and when told to grab something for the officer, the office shot and killed him) and Justine Damond (The Australian Lady who reported a disturbance and went out to meet the cops in their cruiser where one of the cops fired through the door killing her).

Even thought these cops got fired (and really quickly fired compared to so many other cases), I'm not sure protesters are going to be satisfied until (at least) the kneeler is brought up on murder charges. Minnesota (specifically Minneapolis) Police versus The Minority Community has been a powder keg of a situation that just needed the match to light it off. I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up like Ferguson now where we will have literal weeks of civil disobedience and rioting.

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
It paints a better image than strangle, and one more accurate to the brutality of the act in this case given he put his full body weight on a man’s throat for ten minutes. Don’t “well actually” a brutal murder with a brutal murderer into being ok.
No it really doesn't.

The force to break a neck is quite a bit more than movies make it out to be while crushing a windpipe (which by the sound of everything is what happened) takes far less.

Yeah, it's gettin kind of nuts out there (I'm from Minnesota for those who don't know that)

My street corner had a group of protesters at it earlier (they might still be there I suppose, I haven't gone out to look the past few hours).

Just a dozen or so people with signs (all wearing masks so they're at least doing a good job of that part with Covid happening). Some of the pictures and video coming out of Minneapolis though is insane. Lot of anger over what went down and it (doesn't help that Minneapolis and Minnesota Police has had a few of these issues if anyone remembers people like Philando Castile (the guy who told the cop he had a conceal and carry gun and when told to grab something for the officer, the office shot and killed him) and Justine Damond (The Australian Lady who reported a disturbance and went out to meet the cops in their cruiser where one of the cops fired through the door killing her).

Even thought these cops got fired (and really quickly fired compared to so many other cases), I'm not sure protesters are going to be satisfied until (at least) the kneeler is brought up on murder charges. Minnesota (specifically Minneapolis) Police versus The Minority Community has been a powder keg of a situation that just needed the match to light it off. I wouldn't be shocked if we ended up like Ferguson now where we will have literal weeks of civil disobedience and rioting.
Even if the Kneeler is and the others testify against him if it ends up as him being let off somehow the anger will likely be far worse.

Revnak

Legacy
May 25, 2020
Country
USA
No it really doesn't.

The force to break a neck is quite a bit more than movies make it out to be while crushing a windpipe (which by the sound of everything is what happened) takes far less.
Thanks, I didn’t know that. You wonder if this guy would’ve done that? Or is neck breaking too far? Maybe he only breaks weaker necks? I’m glad we’re having this argument over my use of flowery language for emotional effect.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
From the video, it looks more like he was crushing the guy's carotid artery/jugular vein. Likely cut off the proper amount of blood flow and, therefore, oxygen to his brain.

Seriously. No defending this one. At all.

Probably would have been more merciful, and a hell of a lot quicker, to break his neck.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.