[Prototype] is anti-climactic

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
*WARNING SPOILERS *

When i finished [Prototype] after beating the last boss, i thought to myself "wait, what? that was it?" it also made me think back to Elizabeth Greene, you fight a giant worm, beat it, she falls out, then just normal consume her. Finally, the woman Alex thought he was with, he just kills her? "oh my god he is in the building..."-her "i know"-Alex "no..."-her aside from being quite cool, he just kills her, if you watched the web of intrigue, she was blackmailed and tricked into it.

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed, i was so annoyed when i figured that out, for two reasons, 1. he was awesome, as in mega awesome; 2. you never actually get to see him die.

What im getting at is this...

The gameplay is fantastic, that is unquestionable, the story from consuming is well told, but the actual story is horribly brought out.

(Note: You get the cutscene of Alex killing Karen when you do all the scientist consume events, you go to a fixed location and the cutscene ensues, also you get nothing from it, not even a memory or EP)

What do you guys think?

kommando367

Oct 9, 2008
1. Its part of Radical's atempt at making a character more bloodthirsty than Kratos.

2. Action-Adventure game aren't exactly known for very good stories. This one for instance can pretty much be summed up as; mutants over there, kill they ass.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Halfbreed13 said:
I personally love the part you mentioned. Hated Karen either way.
...I mentioned many parts, can you be any more specific.

And you hated Karen? The real prick in the whole game IS Alex (before he was infected with blacklight) he caused a biological catastrophe. And thats not mentioning the fact Karen WAS blackmailed, i remember the memory leeched from a lawyer (i remember flying about the city, destroying tanks and hijacking heli-s, while saying "LAWYER MAN, POWER ON!" or something close to that.)

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
Spirultima said:

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed.

Really? I thought he was Greene's son, codenamed Pariah. He had a form of the infection as well.

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *
Finally, the woman Alex thought he was with, he just kills her? "oh my god he is in the building..."-her "i know"-Alex "no..."-her aside from being quite cool, he just kills her, if you watched the web of intrigue, she was blackmailed and tricked into it.

You Don't actually see Alex kill Karen Parker, Its left up to you.

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
Spirultima said:

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed.

Really? I thought he was Greene's son, codenamed Pariah. He had a form of the infection as well.

Project Pariah, as dubbed by the military, is the son of Elizabeth Greene.

He was discovered by the military in Hope, Idaho when he was only an infant along side his mother when she was only 19 years old. Pariah has been described as being completely different from both Elizabeth and Alex Mercer, since Elizabeth is an 'imperfect release of non-coded regions of the genome', Alex is 'something more', while Pariah would be the 'final purpose of all life on earth'.

Pariah was chosen as the prime test subject in Project Crusade and was responsible for five deaths by unknown means during his four years of captivity. He shows no sign of physical deformity from the Black Light virus, unlike his mother.

Alex and Pariah have been said to have much in common, since Alex is an artificial release of non-coded regions within the genome, whereas Pariah is a natural release of these genomes, so it has been speculated by Blackwatch scientists that it would be 'very bad' if the two of them ever met face-to-face.

Though at the begining of the game one of the scientists, examining Alex's "corpse", asks the other if he is in some way connected to the subject at area 51. This could be a possible clue to the whereabouts of Pariah and possibly the setting of the next game, Nevada, though this is just speculation.

cainx10a

May 17, 2008
The hell, Cross is Pariah. You saw him transform into a Supreme Hunter, not get consumed by one. After Alex consumed the colonel or general or whatever that high ranking officer with a missing arm was, he turned to Cross and snapped " ... that YOU had the chance to stop all of this ... " before the last fight started.

-Drifter-

Jun 9, 2009
Spirultima said:
The real prick in the whole game IS Alex (before he was infected with blacklight) he caused a biological catastrophe.
This is actually the main thing that turns me off Prototype, and God of War. I don't like playing games where the protagonist is an asshole, no matter how good the gameplay is.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *

When i finished [Prototype] after beating the last boss, i thought to myself "wait, what? that was it?" it also made me think back to Elizabeth Greene, you fight a giant worm, beat it, she falls out, then just normal consume her. Finally, the woman Alex thought he was with, he just kills her? "oh my god he is in the building..."-her "i know"-Alex "no..."-her aside from being quite cool, he just kills her, if you watched the web of intrigue, she was blackmailed and tricked into it.

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed, i was so annoyed when i figured that out, for two reasons, 1. he was awesome, as in mega awesome; 2. you never actually get to see him die.

What im getting at is this...

The gameplay is fantastic, that is unquestionable, the story from consuming is well told, but the actual story is horribly brought out.

What do you guys think?
I don't remember seeing Alex consume Karen in the game.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
Spirultima said:

Well because the main story isn't that well told, all i could tell from that single cutscene was Captain Cross about to fight something big, that had infected vision, then in a later cutscene "Captain Cross" had infected vision, and finally you fight a boss that is very, very, very similar to you in many respects, so i also assumed he could consume AND mimic the people he consumes.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
(Note: You get the cutscene of Alex killing Karen when you do all the scientist consume events, you go to a fixed location and the cutscene ensues, also you get nothing from it, not even a memory)

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
cainx10a said:
The hell, Cross is Pariah. You saw him transform into a Supreme Hunter, not get consumed by one. After Alex consumed the colonel or general or whatever that high ranking officer with a missing arm was, he turned to Cross and snapped " ... that YOU had the chance to stop all of this ... " before the last fight started.
Cross is not Pariah, Cross was consumed - you see a brief cutscene where through infected eyes cross is attacked, this is when he is consumed

traceur_

Feb 19, 2009
The_Night_Walker said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Spirultima said:

He was discovered by the military in Hope, Idaho when he was only an infant along side his mother when she was only 19 years old. Pariah has been described as being completely different from both Elizabeth and Alex Mercer, since Elizabeth is an 'imperfect release of non-coded regions of the genome', Alex is 'something more', while Pariah would be the 'final purpose of all life on earth'.

Pariah was chosen as the prime test subject in Project Crusade and was responsible for five deaths by unknown means during his four years of captivity. He shows no sign of physical deformity from the Black Light virus, unlike his mother.

Alex and Pariah have been said to have much in common, since Alex is an artificial release of non-coded regions within the genome, whereas Pariah is a natural release of these genomes, so it has been speculated by Blackwatch scientists that it would be 'very bad' if the two of them ever met face-to-face.

Though at the begining of the game one of the scientists, examining Alex's "corpse", asks the other if he is in some way connected to the subject at area 51. This could be a possible clue to the whereabouts of Pariah and possibly the setting of the next game, Nevada, though this is just speculation.

Hang on, don't you you see that one-armed guy take a cleaver to the newborn when you absorb one of the high rank guys? I thought he killed the kid.

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
traceur_ said:
The_Night_Walker said:
Rusty Bucket said:
Spirultima said:

Hang on, don't you you see that one-armed guy take a cleaver to the newborn when you absorb one of the high rank guys? I thought he killed the kid.

No if you look closely, when the baby is born he gets Greene's Blood on his Arm so he cuts off his own arm to stop infection, which is why he has one arm in the game

Rusty Bucket

Dec 2, 2008
The_Night_Walker said:
cainx10a said:
Cross is not Pariah, Cross was consumed - you see a brief cutscene where through infected eyes cross is attacked, this is when he is consumed
You never see him get consumed. He was fighting a normal infected, you saw it going towards him. The infected vision is just to tell you that Cross is infected.

The_Night_Walker

Apr 18, 2009
Rusty Bucket said:
The_Night_Walker said:
cainx10a said:

You never see him get consumed. He was fighting a normal infected, you saw it going towards him. The infected vision is just to tell you that Cross is infected.
You dont see it no, but it was the supreme hunter, he gained Alex's consume and disguise Ability after Alex walked in a piece of hunter goo after you beat him the 1st time, he then consumes Cross offscreen, Pariah shows no sign of infection - in WOI you find that out - The Supreme Hybrid is the same boss as The supreme hunter just harder, y do you think the last boss is called Supreme Hybrid - if it was Pariah they would have called It Pariah

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Rusty Bucket said:
The_Night_Walker said:
cainx10a said:
Almost all Blackwatch member are infected.