[Prototype] is anti-climactic

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
timmytom1 said:
To be fair the very last twist is pretty unexpected i mean come on how many of you
exped you to be be the virus rather than alex himself
It was kind of obvious after a while, you know WHEN YOU SEND OUT TENTACLES OUT OF YOUR BODY.

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Personally i thought that the ambiguity (butchered spelling) was one of its greatest strengths. I never thought of Prototype as a compelling narative, just a suprisingly fun and hard game. (I say "hard" as in it was suprisingly difficult, not as in OMFG OMFG THIS GAME IS WAAAYY TOO DIFFICULT)
Yeah, jumping on normal straight away was a good idea, added a level of difficulty.

But come on, this game was being awaited for so long, at least they could have bumped up the story a couple of notches.
Maybe, but they obviously took a painstaking amount of time to make the WoI and tweaking upgrades and the combat system, along wiht the chaos and the rock-solid frame rate, so I can forgive the story.
True, im guess im asking for the perfect game *cough* Valkyria Chronicles *cough* that mixes epic story with amazing gameplay.
If your being sarcastic about my avatar, then thats not cool because i LOVED that game. However if your speaking what you actually feel then im with you 100% of the way. Valkyria Chronicles remains the most comprehensive single player experiance I have ever played.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Broken Wings said:
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *

When i finished [Prototype] after beating the last boss, i thought to myself "wait, what? that was it?" it also made me think back to Elizabeth Greene, you fight a giant worm, beat it, she falls out, then just normal consume her. Finally, the woman Alex thought he was with, he just kills her? "oh my god he is in the building..."-her "i know"-Alex "no..."-her aside from being quite cool, he just kills her, if you watched the web of intrigue, she was blackmailed and tricked into it.

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed, i was so annoyed when i figured that out, for two reasons, 1. he was awesome, as in mega awesome; 2. you never actually get to see him die.

What im getting at is this...

The gameplay is fantastic, that is unquestionable, the story from consuming is well told, but the actual story is horribly brought out.

(Note: You get the cutscene of Alex killing Karen when you do all the scientist consume events, you go to a fixed location and the cutscene ensues, also you get nothing from it, not even a memory or EP)

What do you guys think?
This is Activision they're probably going to make about 5 more games before giving a definite ending.
True, i gave that a thought, but Cross is dead, i hate to admit it, but when you consume someone...well you make sure there dead first.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Personally i thought that the ambiguity (butchered spelling) was one of its greatest strengths. I never thought of Prototype as a compelling narative, just a suprisingly fun and hard game. (I say "hard" as in it was suprisingly difficult, not as in OMFG OMFG THIS GAME IS WAAAYY TOO DIFFICULT)
Yeah, jumping on normal straight away was a good idea, added a level of difficulty.

But come on, this game was being awaited for so long, at least they could have bumped up the story a couple of notches.
Maybe, but they obviously took a painstaking amount of time to make the WoI and tweaking upgrades and the combat system, along wiht the chaos and the rock-solid frame rate, so I can forgive the story.
True, im guess im asking for the perfect game *cough* Valkyria Chronicles *cough* that mixes epic story with amazing gameplay.
If your being sarcastic about my avatar, then thats not cool because i LOVED that game. However if your speaking what you actually feel then im with you 100% of the way. Valkyria Chronicles remains the most comprehensive single player experiance I have ever played.
Your talking a VK lover as well, overall that game was the best of its year. And yes i totally agree.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
-Stranger- said:
This is actually the main thing that turns me off Prototype, and God of War. I don't like playing games where the protagonist is an asshole, no matter how good the gameplay is.
Was.

Alex died, you, the virus it's self, just have his form.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Spirultima said:
Broken Wings said:
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *

When i finished [Prototype] after beating the last boss, i thought to myself "wait, what? that was it?" it also made me think back to Elizabeth Greene, you fight a giant worm, beat it, she falls out, then just normal consume her. Finally, the woman Alex thought he was with, he just kills her? "oh my god he is in the building..."-her "i know"-Alex "no..."-her aside from being quite cool, he just kills her, if you watched the web of intrigue, she was blackmailed and tricked into it.

My favourite character Captain Cross was taken down by a supreme hunter and consumed, i was so annoyed when i figured that out, for two reasons, 1. he was awesome, as in mega awesome; 2. you never actually get to see him die.

The gameplay is fantastic, that is unquestionable, the story from consuming is well told, but the actual story is horribly brought out.

(Note: You get the cutscene of Alex killing Karen when you do all the scientist consume events, you go to a fixed location and the cutscene ensues, also you get nothing from it, not even a memory or EP)

What do you guys think?
This is Activision they're probably going to make about 5 more games before giving a definite ending.
True, i gave that a thought, but Cross is dead, i hate to admit it, but when you consume someone...well you make sure there dead first.
You don't consume cross you decapitate him, that's why Blacklight says something along the lines of "try and regenerate that"

ShankHA32

May 10, 2009
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:
Spirultima said:
ShankHA32 said:

Your talking a VK lover as well, overall that game was the best of its year. And yes i totally agree.
Yes and not to be a tard, but its graphics were also the best ive ever seen. Other games i severely enjoyed are Deus Ex, and underrated games (imo) are assasins creed.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Rednog said:
Spirultima said:
Broken Wings said:
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *

What do you guys think?
You don't consume cross you decapitate him, that's why Blacklight says something along the lines of "try and regenerate that"
No, No, No, he must have been consumed, there is no other explanation, the only other logical explanation is this... Supreme Hunter consumes Captain Cross, (next game) because Captain Cross is Pariah he can break out of the genetic structure of the hunter, it possible...at least.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Spirultima said:
Rednog said:
Spirultima said:
Broken Wings said:
Spirultima said:
*WARNING SPOILERS *

What do you guys think?
No, No, No, he must have been consumed, there is no other explanation, the only other logical explanation is this... Supreme Hunter consumes Captain Cross, (next game) because Captain Cross is Pariah he can break out of the genetic structure of the hunter, it possible...at least.
You don't get a flash back from like every other person you consume, nor is Blacklight affected in anyway, you'd think that if he did consume Pariah then he would receive some sort of huge upgrade. Plus I don't think he had the time, a possible argument was that he had only a few seconds to drop the bomb and thus just lopped off the head.

Mirroga

Jun 6, 2009
I'm not into the game for the story...but GEEZ, they could've made boss fights way better than this (special mentions to the last boss). Although, this game is highly replayable even without the story. I just love the freedom, the parkour, and the wanton destruction in Prototype.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
ShankHA32 said:
Yes and not to be a tard, but its graphics were also the best i've ever seen. Other games i severely enjoyed are Deus Ex, and underrated games (imo) are assassins creed.
It was quite original to say the least, drawn on a canvious and animated, never played Deus Ex and AC is underrated, the story was very well told it just "didn't have enough fighting" i hate people who say that.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Rednog said:
You don't get a flash back from like every other person you consume, nor is Blacklight affected in anyway, you'd think that if he did consume Pariah then he would receive some sort of huge upgrade. Plus I don't think he had the time, a possible argument was that he had only a few seconds to drop the bomb and thus just lopped off the head.
You, as a player don't but Alex does, he gains everything from them, everything.

Also i think he was more concerned with getting rid of the bomb ASAP.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Spirultima said:
Rednog said:
You, as a player don't but Alex does, he gains everything from them, everything.

Right, no time to consume, instead got rid of the bomb, it goes off he turns into a pile of goop on the pier.

Spirultima

Jul 25, 2008
Rednog said:
Spirultima said:
Rednog said:

Right, no time to consume, instead got rid of the bomb, it goes off he turns into a pile of goop on the pier.
Remember the first time you kill him? goo, hand, (off screen) full body regeneration, what's going to stop him from doing it again?

MK Tha Rebel

Jun 12, 2009
I honestly don't care about the story, since I'm having too much fun single-handedly destroying the military and throwing cops into helicopters. I can glide, jump 50 feet high, grow claws, drive tanks, and disguise myself. I'm happy with the game.

Dec 14, 2008
-Stranger- said:
Spirultima said:
The real prick in the whole game IS Alex (before he was infected with blacklight) he caused a biological catastrophe.
This is actually the main thing that turns me off Prototype, and God of War. I don't like playing games where the protagonist is an asshole, no matter how good the gameplay is.

Well the character isn't really an asshole, it was pointed out many times in the story that he isn't actually mercer just the virius in a sentient form.

Edit: ninja'd

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
kommando367 said:
1. Its part of Radical's atempt at making a character more bloodthirsty than Kratos.

2. Action-Adventure game aren't exactly known for very good stories. This one for instance can pretty much be summed up as; mutants over there, kill they ass.
Is that even possible!?
I mean the guy can't use a bloody bird for flight without maiming it!