Prove something to me.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
Prove to me that life in this world we live in is not as completely sh** as I think it is. Which is 'pretty darn completely terrible'.

3, 2, 1, go.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011

LarenzoAOG said:
The fact that you're alive and are using the internet, which means you have at least some money and live in what is at least a developing nation, means that shit isn't nearly as bad as it could be.
This, mostly. Things could be a lot worse. Always look on the bright side of life...

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
The fact that you're alive and are using the internet, which means you have at least some money and live in what is at least a developing nation, means that shit isn't nearly as bad as it could be.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
The fact that despite all the shit in this world, there is still an extremely large number of good to be found.
LarenzoAOG said:
This too.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I play games set in fantastic worlds to escape the shitty realism of our own world. You should try it some time.

Phlakes

Elite Member
Mar 25, 2010
Done. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/miracle-of-sound]

Also, puppies. And chocolate cake. And bacon.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
MercurySteam said:
I play games set in fantastic worlds to escape the shitty realism of our own world. You should try it some time.
And when I eventually have to pull my head out of the virtual sand? What then?

Anyway, I've locked my Steam account until I do some holiday homework, which at the time, when I promised my parents I wouldn't touch Just Cause 2 or Portal 2 until it was finished, that said homework would border on hazardous to my health. And of the games I haven't self-imposed a lockout on, I'm completely stuck in that one.

teebeeohh

Jun 17, 2009
tell me why who you are that i should spend my time proving something for you and will do it.

on the other hand i haven't been this bored in a class since January.

Rabish Bini

Jun 11, 2011
leet_x1337 said:
MercurySteam said:
Realise that you just used a luxury item which many people don't have and life could be a whole lot worse.

Tim Willard

May 28, 2011
Life expectancies are going up. More people have food than in any time in history. Constant scientific advances are going to make that even better and better.

You have entertainment right at your fingertips that you don't even need other people for.

The amount of people who have access to medical care is rising, alternate fuel and energy research is going up.

Why do you think life is so terrible?

DJDarque

Words
Aug 24, 2009
Have you not been paying attention to what's been happening with Allison from Extra Credits? She requires surgery and her partners from the show asked for donations from the fans since her insurance wouldn't cover it. They asked for around $15,000 USD and set up a donation drive for 60 days. They still have 55 days left and at this point they've reached almost $75,000 USD. That shows you right there that there is still some good in the world. Don't be so cynical.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
leet_x1337 said:
MercurySteam said:
Isn't it obvious?

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20071206215503/uncyclopedia/images/7/75/Ninjaturtle.gif

HOW CAN YOU NOT BE HAPPY WHEN THE TUTRLE IS HAPPY?

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
DJDarque said:
Have you not been paying attention to what's been happening with Allison from Extra Credits?
That other artist, Erin something, that they used for the 'Gamification' episode wasn't all bad. Besides, I've never been involved in any Internet charity, partly because I doubt my parents would approve any Internet cause I would otherwise devote myself to, however worthy.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
One of my favorite quotes is 'life is absurd.' Really, I just find everything about life and existence in general to be so mind bogglingly silly that I just don't care any more. Of course, the main reason that makes life worth living are the moments of happiness we have, no matter how fleeting they are.

Stilt-Man

Dec 31, 2009
You have over a dozen people who [presumably] don't know you, trying to cheer you up/offer perspective. That's rather good proof, I'd say.

theheroofaction

Jan 20, 2011
Howzabout this, you should recognize that the world is good because random strangers, people to whom you're no more than a ghost, care enough to try to help you out of your slump.

Magicmad5511

May 26, 2011
I believe people are mostly terrible (or at least annoying)and have yet to be proven wrong. I rarely go out for this reason.
One thing never to forget though is life is full of surprises. People will work together to create great things and to support those in need. Overall your right on the world being terrible but what I focus on is the good and random awesome in the middle of it.
I recommend this site to prove my point. http://immd.icanhascheezburger.com/

Cheesy but effective.