Prove your existence.

Ammutseba

Sep 24, 2010
Let's see how long until somebody goes "Cogito, ergo sum".

Whoops, it's already happened.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
I think. Therefore, I am.

I am a conscious thinking thing, aware of my own existence. Therefore I must exist in some form.

I cannot prove to you that exist, but I can prove it to myself. If you don't believe me when I, having proven to myself that I exist, assert to you that I exist? Well, that's not my problem. :p

Thank you, Rene Descartes.

MrMisfit

Apr 8, 2008
Look around your room. There is somthing missing. I took it to prove I exist. Later, I will return the item in question somewhere else in your room or perhaps another room altogether. This also confirms my existance. So there.

OT: love your avatar. It's from one of my favorite games.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
krazykidd said:

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?" -Chuang tzu-

I have decided you are all fragments of my imagination. Prove to me that you aren't. Prove to me you exist. I am easily persuaded .

(i am not looking for pictures ,names , numbers or anything of the like. How does one prove their existance or the existance of others?)
I am a fragment of your imagination.
Fragments of your imagination exist.
-------------------------------------------------
I exist.

Hugga_Bear

May 13, 2010
First off, figments of your imagination, if we were fragments then we'd inherently exist.

Secondly, cogito ergo sum is inherently flawed, it relies on the notion of thoughts requiring a thinker and is essentially "I exist because I exist". It proves nothing.

Thirdly we cannot. All we can say is that for all intents and purposes we may as well exist because everything else is useless.

There are various paths we can tread, from 'how else would you get the idea of me' to 'I must exist because you're not alone' and so on. In the end though we can't really definitively prove anything, that doesn't mean nothing exists, it just means we're ultimately restricted by the problem of how ridiculous the universe is, or rather how ridiculously we perceive it.

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
I'm just a fragment of your imagination. We all are. Right now your dreaming. Now go lay down some railroad tracks so you can "wake up". *evilgrin*

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
krazykidd said:

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?" -Chuang tzu-

I have decided you are all fragments of my imagination. Prove to me that you aren't. Prove to me you exist. I am easily persuaded .

(i am not looking for pictures ,names , numbers or anything of the like. How does one prove their existance or the existance of others?)
Look at your left.
Look at your right.
Now look up.
Can you see the true meaning of life?
Then I exist. Then all of us exist.

DyqstARD

Jul 20, 2011
If im a fragment of your mind, then im a sexy fragment.

OT: Well, we cant prove it, unless you want to come to my house and feel my face then that may prove i exist.

Suicida1 Midget

Jun 11, 2011
I exist cause i interpert it as such. I exist by your interpertations because you are reading this, and accept that it wasnt spam.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
If I'm a figment of anyone's imagination, they have a horrid, horrid (and pretty boring) imagination.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Because if I didn't exist as I am, then this glass bowl of cereal would fall several feet to the hard tile floor at my feet, most likely breaking, and at least spilling it's contents of milk and grain across the floor. As this has not happened, and is not happening, I posit the existence of something, me, holding it up.

hittite

Nov 9, 2009
I can't prove to you that I exist, but I can give you something else to worry about by using one of my favorite quotes.

"We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?"

-Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7. Activity recorded M.Y. 2302.22467. (TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED)
All of your life could be a computer simulation, and the fact that you're allowed to consider such a possibility could mean that they're about to pull the plug on you.

Anarchemitis

Dec 23, 2007
If the world does not actually exist, how would you have known that? A man knows the world around him exists because he is an existential creature. If he was to exist in some kind of non-existing form, how would he have known that?

Man feels wet when he is in water because he is not a water creature. A fish would not feel wet.

Fwee

Sep 23, 2009
I exist because I am here now. As long as I have been here, I have existed. I will not be here later, but that time will not exist.