PROVE YOUR NERDINESS!

laol1999

Apr 15, 2010
I solved a rubiks cube with one hand while lightsaber fighting with another
i also play dnd, read comic books, exceed at math and science, and am a look alike of spock
i say beat that

Mr.PlanetEater

May 17, 2009
I've played and made my own Table Top game. At one session I yelled "The troll he has hax d12 rolls!" I think those two are enough... >.>

That's Funny

Jul 20, 2009
I explain to you most of the themes and references in the first four Silent Hill game, I tried to invent my own language (failed misaberally but the effort counts), oh and I set up the 'Gamers against Bobby Kotick and Activision' Facebook group, which is a little sad since a lot of the members are idiots and don't understand the purpose of the group.

Guy32

Jan 4, 2009
9NineBreaker9 said:
In math class, our teacher asked us to turn to page 404.

A friend and I then spent the next ten minutes proclaiming that the page couldn't be found.
I lol'd.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I go through strategies for games, explain mechanics of games, explain items in games, and other assorted nerdiness in my head all the time. It's actually rather soothing.

Kingshadow6

Dec 25, 2008
Currently, on my desk, I have 6 cans of various sodas, 3 USB drives, and 7 different types of dice. Oh, and instead of a chair, I'm using a massive server built in the 80s on wheels. At it's time this thing was worth thousands.

wiiwiieddie

Mar 3, 2010
I have played alot of games, watch anime on youtube, watch 8 of the different escapist show and alot of other game sites, and if thats not enough, i have a really elaborate crossover fanfic in my head the i edit in my head every day but am to lazy to type

DeleteThisPlease

Mar 26, 2010
My turn finally? Sweet! I rolled a two for init... even with my +3 for agility it didn't exactly get me some standing...

I want to make video games for a living. I own EVERY CONSOLE EVER MADE (minus the Commendor 64 and Atari systems, due to them both being broken into little bits by my little brother and me not being able to find replacements... or is it because I procrastinate?), I play video games constently, I write stories, I have thirteen diffrent cosplay outfits, I wrote my own RP combat system (seriously, you want to see it send me a PM), and am, of course, a member of the escapist.

Edit: While I'm at it...
I'm a chronic Tabletop RPer, I own seven diffrent sets of dice that I use in varying combenations depending on mood, day, lunar position, and season, I can quote 90% of the origional Star Wars trilogy to you and have the origional tapes (GREEDO SHOT FIRST!), and I learned Na'vi on a dare.

Edit Edit: Urg, I really need to stop now...
I also am a Troper on TvTropes, I speak in tropes often, read at least 20 diffrent webcomics, and have a tendency to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail when me and my friends are bored.

Ok, I'm done now, I swear!
(side note @hopeneverdies: Nice Avatar.)

PixieFace

Mar 17, 2010
- My friends and I have a tendency to speak in memes.
- I read EncyclopediaDramatica and 4chan, though I never contribute.
- I am subscribed to PC Gamer magazine.
- I obsessively read game design blogs and books on storytelling.
- I obsessively write stories and get a strange satisfaction in creating dialogue, personality and choice options.
- I make concept art for the story/game ideas I have in my head, from environments to level planning to character faces and costume evolution.
- I'm going to get a degree in game design and aspire to be a game writer. If you couldn't tell.
- I still play Pokemon games.
- I soak up documentaries on scientific discoveries, astronomy text books, mythology encyclopedias, anthologies of traditional oral tales, and any medium that discusses about theoretical/quantum physics. NEED MORE KNOWLEDGE.

Oh, and Nerds is my favorite candy! [/canned laughter]

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
JopperJopJop said:
Macgyvercas said:
I regularly calculate the distance light travels in x amount of time.
How far did light travel in the time it took me to type this(1min 32 sec)

OT: I guess being a member of this site
1 min. 32 sec. = 92 sec. 92/60=1.53 minutes
c=299,792,458 m/s
299,792,458 m/s x 60 sec = 1.798754748E10 meters/minute
1.7987548E10 m/min x 1.53 minutes = 2.752094764E10 meters = approx. 17100724 miles.

Next question please!

Jfswift

Hmm.. what's this button do?
Nov 2, 2009
I purchase alot of nonfiction books because I need to know how everything works. >.>

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
I'm on this site for starters

I have an encylopedic knowledge of the Star Wars universe and the Marvel Comics universe, and more than half my wardrobe has Mario on it.

telophase

Apr 22, 2010
i play i have 2 warhammer 40k armies (there only about 1,000 - 1,500 points each) and im starting another one and creating some back story to them. i also play magic the gathering and world of darkness