PS Vita Impressions

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
It looks and sounds pretty cool, but its just too expensive for me at the moment (especially considering the separate cost of the memory stick and vita games). Funny enough, I still use my PSP 1000 to this day to play Patapon 3 in multiplayer. Since I have had it with me so long, the battery life is messed up (about 5 minutes of play) so I can only play it with the adapter plugged in.

If I ended up getting the Vita, I would most likely go through the same occurrence and only play with the adapter plugged in. =(

Evil Teddie

Feb 7, 2011
DO WANT. I mean seriously, with Atlus remaking titles of the Persona series on PSP and Persona 4: The Golden on PS Vita, you can have nearly all of the Persona series on one console, so why not?

Gonna wait for the price to drop a bit and see if there are any nicely priced bundles. Can't wait.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
I think I will have to wait for either a well priced bundle for the wifi version, or wait for the price drop. Unfortunately I, like so many, cannot afford a brand new console at the moment. If it were dropped to 200 then I would definitely consider. Also waiting for the inevitable vita slim

Oh well, let's keep going for the lottery! Or wait for the slim model...

Danny91

May 30, 2011
FallenTraveler said:
I think I will have to wait for either a well priced bundle for the wifi version, or wait for the price drop. Unfortunately I, like so many, cannot afford a brand new console at the moment. If it were dropped to 200 then I would definitely consider. Also waiting for the inevitable vita slim

That image just blew my mind; the thing is preposterously slim already, trust me....any weight they shave off would be miniscule.

kyogen

Feb 22, 2011
Gotta save for it, but I'm really looking forward to this...and games like Sumioni and Escape Plan.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Well, shit. I might have to get me one, but im still trying to get the PS3. Maybe in time, probably would be better to wait some anyways.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So the Vita will be a viable alternative to the 3DS, with a price drop.

Of course if Sony doesnt want to wait, they could get Capcom to release a Monster Hunter on it to us. Then i would buy it without thinking.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
A console-like experience is really what I'm looking for; what with being at university and my PS3 being at home (and I'll be going to Japan for a year next year so bringing it up here just for a few months is kind of a no no), I've really missed 'proper' games, for lack of better word; however, the price is a huge disincentive, particularly with the hidden costs like memory card, and the cost of games which, after being used to £0.69-2.00 games on my iPhone/iPad, seem incredibly expensive. Still, I really miss proper controls and AAA games. Particularly shooters which are pretty much all hopeless on smartphones.

I think I'll wait till a price drop; my guess is that the Vita isn't going to sell well, and Sony, like Nintendo, will likely be forced to slash the price of the Vita relatively quickly. That's when I'll more seriously consider getting one.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I liked what I saw and played of it in Tokyo, but as with most handhelds (except the Game Boy Colour), I'm waiting for this to drop in price and gain a bigger library.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Evil Teddie said:
DO WANT. I mean seriously, with Atlus remaking titles of the Persona series on PSP and Persona 4: The Golden on PS Vita, you can have nearly all of the Persona series on one console, so why not?

Gonna wait for the price to drop a bit and see if there are any nicely priced bundles. Can't wait.
This. I can't wait for P4 The Golden. The anticipation for a mention of the U.S. release date is killing me.

RaikuFA

Jun 12, 2009
neonsword13-ops said:
Evil Teddie said:

This. I can't wait for P4 The Golden. The anticipation for a mention of the U.S. release date is killing me.
Same here. And it better have that vita case that came with the JP version.

Not buying one till Gravity Rush is released though. Supposed to be a launch title but got quietly pushed back.

nickpy

Oct 9, 2010
Well, all I can say is I've had mine two days: and I love it already. I got the Wifi one, i'm not made of money, plus all this 3G malarky and internet-on-the-go isn't really my sort of thing. But It is brilliant. Even the touchscreen isn't as annoying as I thought it would be - to the point that I *think* I might be able to cope with it :p. Gorgeous OLED does help, I suppose.

Memory card proprietariness is a bit annoying... if they really had to not use normal Micro/SD they could at least have used Pro Duo/M2s since I have some spares of them knocking around *grumbles*

P.S. Rayman Origins = Brilliant. Get it, for whatever console / computer you have.

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
newwiseman said:
I was excited until the day Sony announced proprietary memory, so no thanks.
My only question is, how much space does the average downloaded game take? At $25 for 4GB, they better be damn small.

FallenTraveler

Jun 11, 2010
Danny91 said:
FallenTraveler said:

That image just blew my mind; the thing is preposterously slim already, trust me....any weight they shave off would be miniscule.
Actually it's a lot bigger than I though, once you get it in your hands (I played at gamestop) it was actually pretty meaty. I don't know if they could actually shave off much either, but it could get slimmer, like psp 3000 model slim even. Still an awesomely sized device for all it does.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
So it's about the same size as a book, useful in the same situations too, and costs about 100 times more than a book.

I think I'll give it a miss.

Fayathon

Professional Lurker
Nov 18, 2009
So what I'm getting is it's almost as awesome as the Nomad was when it came out.

Let's see if it falls into the same pit though, but if it garners proper praise from it and gets a decent catalog of games I don't see that happening.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
neonsword13-ops said:
Evil Teddie said:

Same here, but I thought that the Vita wasn't backwards compatible. I've heard that you can download PSP games from the PSstore onto it but I've never seen P1 or P2 up for digital download.