PS3 or 360?

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
I am an Xbox gamer at heart so the 360 will always be my console of choice. But I do own a PS3, I just couldn't pass up on some of the exclusives on it like Infamous and Demon's Souls, and after playing both, I don't understand all the hate for them. They are both really good consoles with their ups and downs. I guess it's just hardcore fanboys refusing to believe that the console they don't have could be good too.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Joseph375 said:
I'll make a list.

PS3. A more powerful system,
free online,
Recently upgraded security
more open to developers then the 360 (Steam, Dust 514, ect)
almost never breaks
better controller (thumbs are symmetrical, Microsoft)
Support for 360-style controller if you don't like the original one.
Can play PS2 and PS1 games (most systems)
built in wireless adapter
PS Vita remote play
no bulky power-brick
doesn't sound like a vacuum when playing
better marketing (Kevin Butler FTW)
free games for occasional problems
an internet browser 3D
no Kinnect bullshit
no proprietary hard drive (that way, they can't jack up the price and screw consumers)

I really love my PS3. I still play PC games, I used to play Wii and I've played on my friends 360, but I still think PS3 is the best console yet.
A majority of your statements are opinion, while several are outright wrong.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
I prefer 360. I had both but our PS3 got stolen, we never ended up replacing it.

I get all my non exclusives on 360.

Choose based solely on exclusives and whether you want to play online. Seriously, that's the only real difference.

The 360 has a more user friendly online system, but it's not free. It's worth it though.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
honestly I could never justify spending and extra $100 on a ps3, espicially after i bought my Xbox 360.

meow

Jul 8, 2011
PCs are clearly superior, way more mods tons of indie games, the internet for more games and everything else.
on a side not the only reason i got a 360 was for rock band which imo was definatly worth it!

gunmun

Sep 11, 2010
I own both and while the 360 has some good games, I prefer my PS3 for one thing PSN is free to play online. And while people claim the PC is better, its only if you put in the effort to upgrade it every few months.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
DarkShadow144 said:
I am an Xbox gamer at heart so the 360 will always be my console of choice. But I do own a PS3, I just couldn't pass up on some of the exclusives on it like Infamous and Demon's Souls, and after playing both, I don't understand all the hate for them. They are both really good consoles with their ups and downs. I guess it's just hardcore fanboys refusing to believe that the console they don't have could be good too.
Not all of us! :) I really would like to play the Uncharted series, and the two Infamous games. I'm also a fan of God of War. Unfortunately, thats not enough for me to buy a PS3, and I personally cannot stand the controller. As for Demon's Souls, I am very happy that the second one is coming to the 360, so I will at least get a chance to check that out!

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
pwnatornr1 said:
Good day to you all. I have been saving money for a time and now i would like to use it on a new console, (i only have a Wii) but i don't really know what console i should buy. PS3 has good hardware, (that's what my buddies told me) but i really, REALLY like the Halo Series.(not that i think that you are stupid, but here's a link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series) link end) and i also know that most of the games are released for PS3 AND 360, (and soon, ((probably)) for Wii U, too) like Crysis 2, but is there a diffrence? I know that the PS network is free, and that XBLA costs, but is XBLA safer? PLEASE, share your thoughts and personal experience!
It sounds like you're already leaning towards your own decision. I will say this though, this isn't really something you can ask other people about, because ultimately you're going to have to live with what you get. Halo 4 comes out and you're kicking yourself because you don't have it, maybe the same story for your live bill if you wind up doing a lot of single player gaming.

As for me I own both, and I like both. I probably spend more time on my Xbox honestly, but my library there is bigger, more of my friends are on it and I like the controller better so I have a bias. I also think the interface is a lot better done there and I like being able to play my own music while I play a game. (when you repeat a section for the 20th time and the game's own music starts from the same place every time this is a godsend) Of course it can't run Blu-rays. I do have titles I like on each console though. Gears, Drake, Fable, Infamous, Halo, Demon's Souls.

It's only a shame in my mind the two companies couldn't co-operate on a console. With MS doing the software and sony doing the hardware. What a wonderful chimera they would create.

geK0

Jun 24, 2011
I prefer the PS3 very much, but I'm not going to nerd rage on anyone who tells me the 360 is better.

praygon

Jul 7, 2011
I'v owned both consoles and personaly i liked the ps3 better i like that i dont need to pay for the online side of it but that being said the online features and support for xbox are alot more polished and genarly quicker and easyer to use but in my eyes its a fair trade off.

Both consoles have ups and downs i dont really owne to many exclusive titles for ether so i cant comment on that but iv enjoyed plenty of great games on both platforms.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Joseph375 said:
I'll make a list.
And I'll pull it apart.

PS3. A more powerful system,
Yep, but it's actually not better for streaming data from a disc, hence the mandatory install of most games (not a problem personally) but I've seen live comparisons of the 360S and the PS3 slim where the PS3 was slower for the same game.

free online,
Yep, you get what you pay for. Technically 360 has "free online" too, but not online playing. Both have a free or paid option for online.

Recently upgraded security
Source?

more open to developers then the 360 (Steam, Dust 514, ect)
What? I think that you'll find most developers either don't use the system's full potential, or find it difficult to work with, although this is less true than it originally was.

almost never breaks
The same is now true of the 360S. I've never had either break on me and I only know one guy who's had an RRoD and that was the old console, not the 360S.

better controller (thumbs are symmetrical, Microsoft)
Opinion, I disagree.

Support for 360-style controller if you don't like the original one.
Didn't know that. If you're on about 3rd party, I'm sure you'll find that the same is true.

Can play PS2 and PS1 games (most systems)
Pretty much a lie. The new slim console is not backward compatable, and I don't know of a single store that sells the old ones new. Only pre-owned and they're rare because they're in such high demand.

built in wireless adapter
360 has this too now. It's actually better (faster) in the 360, it's wireless N.

PS Vita remote play
It's claimed that this will be a feature. It may come to pass that it sucks balls man, I wouldn't try sell a console on it's possible future features. Remember how the PSP was supposed to do the exact same thing but it didn't work out?

no bulky power-brick
True.

doesn't sound like a vacuum when playing
My PS3 slim was more noisy than my 360S. Just sayin'.

better marketing (Kevin Butler FTW)
Personal opinion, and really?

free games for occasional problems
I don't actually know what you're on about.

an internet browser 3D
Again, don't know what you mean.

no Kinnect bullshit
I've played with Kinect and Move and a Wii, the Wii was honestly better at tracking movement than Move when I used it. Kinect is actually awesome to be honest, but that's my opinion.
And the reverse can be said of 360 "no move bullshit" but the 360 can also have "no Kinect bullshit" as it's an optional peripheral.

no proprietary hard drive (that way, they can't jack up the price and screw consumers)
You actually can't replace the harddrive in the new Slim consoles, another reason that the fat PS3's are so sought after.

I really love my PS3. I still play PC games, I used to play Wii and I've played on my friends 360, but I still think PS3 is the best console yet.
Opinion. But the op did ask for that so I can't call you out on saying you think it's better.

Stainlesssteele4

Jul 5, 2011
PS3 is physically more powerful, but Xbox Live is very user friendly.
I have both consoles (and a PC), and I love playing both. I don't fully understand why its such a heated topic, most games are on both systems, sans a handful of exclusives, and are equally enjoyable on either system (and yes, Call of Duty is the same on PS3, don't deny it).
I could understand if the argument was over PC gaming VS Console gaming, or true current gen systems VS the Wii, but to me the PS3 and 360 are on the same level of awesome.

Iwata

Feb 25, 2010
surg3n said:
The exclusives can be deceptive - you can't compare Halo to Killzone for instance, because only an idiot would say that Killzone is better than Halo.
Conceited much?

I'll say that Killzone is better than Halo. And I, sir, am no idiot. As someone else stated, it's a matter of opinion. And claiming that anyone who has a different opinion from the norm is clearly an idiot is not a good way to make yourself seem especially tolerant or clever to other people.

weker

May 27, 2009
pulse2 said:
I have a hunch you are just trying to find reasons to lower the credibility of the first party PS3 games, its cool that they aren't your thing, but at least make comments that have some truth behind them :/
No its just an opinion.

pulse2 said:
You're making a sweeping statement, Killzone and Resistance were filled with gameplay enough to quench the thirst of SCIFIFPS fanatics who didn't have Halo.
You misunderstand I said take a back seat I didn't mean they were missing entirely, but still resistance and killzone don't are really generic shooter as they don't have anything gameplay wise separating each other(excluding cover in killzone).
you cant pick up a game which is the same to halo in my books but you can for resistance and killzone, you instance i would say killzone is just bad company set in the future.

May 5, 2010
Well, I own both. I like the games for both. I like the features for both. But I like the 360 controller just a LITTLE bit more. Plus, online is much better then the PS3's.

Yeah, I know what I said.

TPiddy

Aug 28, 2009
Up until about 2008, it was 360, hands down.... PS3 peaked right around 2010 with the release of all their big titles in a row...

Now, however.... PS3 is slowly running out of steam with the network hacks, focus on single-player titles and lack of an online community (I keep hearing from friends about how the MAG online community is all but dead).

Having said that, both systems have decent exclusives coming up, even if most of them are just sequels by now.

crazyhyena645

Feb 19, 2011
it depends on how u like to play your games, if u prefer single player get the ps3, if u like mutiplayer get 360. those are the only differences that matter is u just want to play games.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Having both systems in the house, I prefer the 360.

The only games I ever play on PS3 are Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid 4 and I only got them because I was a big fan of Fahrenheit and Metal Gear previously. I have played Uncharted, Gran Turismo, Little Big Planet and Infamous, and all are very "meh" (My own opinion of course).

Plus I like the 360's controller a lot more, and their online services as well, even if you do have to pay for them.

Both have the arseholes in the community (personal experience on 360, friend's experience on PS3) but they can be easily ignored.

But basically, the two most important things when it comes to it are:
1. What exclusives do you want to play on each console?
2. What do your friends play on?

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
PS3 for playing games hardcore, by yourself, taking it seriously style because of the free online, 360 for playing games, watching movies and so forth social style. For me, anyway.

pulse2

May 10, 2008
weker said:
pulse2 said:
I have a hunch you are just trying to find reasons to lower the credibility of the first party PS3 games, its cool that they aren't your thing, but at least make comments that have some truth behind them :/
No its just an opinion.

pulse2 said:
You're making a sweeping statement, Killzone and Resistance were filled with gameplay enough to quench the thirst of SCIFIFPS fanatics who didn't have Halo.
You misunderstand I said take a back seat I didn't mean they were missing entirely, but still resistance and killzone don't are really generic shooter as they don't have anything gameplay wise separating each other(excluding cover in killzone).
you cant pick up a game which is the same to halo in my books but you can for resistance and killzone, you instance i would say killzone is just bad company set in the future.
Evidence you've yet to play either game, granted, they are generic, but then so has every Halo game after the first one. Killzone does't play like Battlefield and a good thing too because I like them and Modern Warfare for all completly different reasons. Also note that Killzone has yet to be topped by any FPS on PS3 graphically and though technically it seems like every other shooter, playing the game reiterates that its a hate it or love it title, those who love it will put it before any other FPS available on PS3, those who dislike it will go for Battlefield.

As for resistance, other than controls, I don't see how Resistance has any relation to any other FPS on PS3 :/ Its in its own league entirely. Now if you were talking about MAG, I'd say you'd have a point stacking it against Modern Warfare and Battlefield as they share the same time period and gameplay elements, but then MAG is heavily multiplayer focused and has far more going on per match then even Modern Warfare.

Pulling back your point, Warhawk is superb, there is nothing like it on either console, rate it as you wish, its still regarded amongst the best games on PS3, so is Uncharted, so is MGS, so is Infamous, so is God of war, etc. And considering that the only thing that PS3 and 360 don't share are exclusives, the only real competition you can even put next to these games is Fable, Forza, Gears and Halo. Bungie left, Gears isn't getting any more original then it was when it first came out, Forza while superb in every way has a counterpart in GT and Fable? Need I mention Fable 3?

As for the Michael Bay comment, Halo and Gears? If Michael Bay wanted to make a mindless mysoginistic over the top movie to do with explosions from a game, which is he more likely to pick, Gears or Uncharted? Need I say more.