PS4 Controller Aims to Be "Ideal" For FPS Games

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
iniudan said:
PC gaming master race reporting for duty, sir !

This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Keyboard? How quaint. Keyboards are so last decade for FPS's and RPG's. You want one of these to go with your mouse.

Thumb stick for analogue movement / map scrolling and fully customizable and macro-able buttons just under your fingers.

iniudan

Apr 27, 2011
ph0b0s123 said:
iniudan said:

This is my rifle. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my rifle and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but peace. Amen.
Keyboard? How quaint. Keyboards are so last decade for FPS's and RPG's. You want one of these to go with your mouse.

Thumb stick for analogue movement / map scrolling and fully customizable and macro-able buttons just under your fingers.
Not enough keys and it is badly set up, has it is easier for finger to do up and down movement then it is to do lateral movement, thus G7 and G14 should be eliminated, has finger shouldn't do more then 1 column away from home position, there should have more 2-3 more row of key above on a lorenz curve, should add a key to the right of G22 for the index, 3 more key on the bottom left for the pinky, on bottom right should have a new row for key for the thumb, has the G20 row would now be used the other fingers.

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
iniudan said:
ph0b0s123 said:
iniudan said:

Not enough keys and it is badly set up, has it is easier for finger to do up and down movement then it is to do lateral movement, thus G7 and G14 should be eliminated, has finger shouldn't do more then 1 column away from home position, there should have more 2-3 more row of key above on a lorenz curve, should add a key to the right of G22 for the index, 3 more key on the bottom left for the pinky, on bottom right should have a new row for key for the thumb, has the G20 row would now be used the other fingers.
Think you have missed the point of this setup. The thumb does not need keys as it is most of the time on the thumbstick controlling up , down, left, right. The thumb is what 'homes' the rest of the hand, so the fingers can wonder you all the keys above. Also with thumb doing what used to take 3 fingers to do, it releases them for other tasks. But if this is too new an idea for you, stick with the old and clunky digital on / off movement of the keyboard setup and it's need t use more of your fingers for what can be done with just one elsewhere. You are just using a sub optimal control method, the same as joypad users are vs keyboard and mouse....