PS4 vs Xbox One Comparison: Graphics, Specs, Differences

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
Well honest answer has been, If your getting just one, Get the PS4, if your getting both, Get the Xbone first then the PS4 later when infamous comes out next year, if you don't have to buy COD all the damn time.

Corvo-Attano-77

Apr 26, 2013
No mention of the PS4 hardware being considerably more powerful in every department AND easier to develop for? Oh right, I forgot, graphics don't matter, and game publishers are stupid for spending tens of millions making games look pretty because nobody cares. Oh yeah and you can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p which means all those 1080p TVs everyone bought in the last decade are pretty pointless really.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
vhailorx said:
2) Second Screen Experience. This seemed like the worst decision in the article. XOne has a featureless second screen app that MS has been making grandiose promises about for years. PS4 has an equally useless mobile app (without the grandiose promises). . .plus the ability to remotely play your console games on a handheld device if someone else needs to use the main TV. One of these things is not like the other. . . Just an indefensible pick. Sony is offering so much more. I could understand it if remote play sucked (a la PSP remote play), but the reviews to date have been quite positive, saying that basically everything but twitch FPS play works just fine.
The remote play on the PS Vita does in fact work great, but it's not a true second screen experience. It doesn't enhance the gameplay, just let's you play it as is with a smaller, more cramped screen and control scheme. It's certainly a useful feature, but the smartglass app has more potential for in game companion apps, and the one that was tested, the Dead Rising 3 one, was great and useful. Couple that with the frustrations of both the PlayStation App and linking through the Vita for "Second Screen" i.e. not remote play, and we went with the Xbox One in this category.

Of course, you may think the remote play feature is more important than we do and judge accordingly. That's a win for this review then! You got the information you needed!

Greg

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Lightknight said:
So, in the title I see "graphics" and "specs" and such regarding things that I'm not seeing in the article. Am I mistaken?
You are not mistaken, just treat it like the news stories, pretend that the title is something related to the content.

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Holy shitballs... I was not expecting an overall winner... usually when I look up things like this it ends in a dissapointing tie!

I was planning on getting the PS4, and now it is confirmed!

TK421

Apr 16, 2009
Midniqht said:
Why fix what isn't broken?
Because if they make the old controller incompatible, everyone has to buy 1-3 extra controllers so their friends can play on their XBOX, and therefore Microsoft makes more money. Kind of like when apple changed the connector for the iPhone 5.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Dr.Susse said:
I liked the comparisons you weighed in upon ; Top shelf Escapist!
It certainly worked for me. I have close to little interest in picking up a gen 8 console for the coming few years but I think this comparison will be something I'll be looking back on when I do have the money to have a new console.

The PS4 streaming features are enticing to say the least. I never liked the 360's controller.

Decisions decisions.

Wait a minute... When I have the money to pick up a new console STAR CITIZEN WILL BE OUT! :D

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
Eh, I'm still with Yahtzee on this one. None of the three new consoles have really pushed any envelope significantly enough for me to even consider them, not when there's plenty of gaming to be had on my PC or tablet. The former has a massive backwards-compatible library, the latter can be taken anywhere. The new consoles don't add anything vaguely interesting for me, especially when they've worked so hard to destroy split screen co-op.

Dreiko_v1legacy

Aug 28, 2008
Basically, ps4 is a videogame system, Xbox is selling itself as a videogame system while trying to be a futuristic media-hub of the future. Xbox is a fine futuristic media hub, but if it only were to stop selling itself as a videogame system and bothering people who just wanna play games and don't care about TV or talking to human beings during their gaming time, oh boy, that'd be so nice.