PS4 Will See an "Unprecedented Rush" of Big Games in 2016

tiamat5

Aug 6, 2008
Strange how predictable people are. I knew the moment he said this that there would be tons of people jumping in here to say 'I don't care' 'Sony's exclusives are stupid' 'I don't see what is so great about those' 'Sony is just talking a lot'. It's amazing. The amount of butthurt and rage from gamers hasn't diminished since the last console Sony had. I mean I thought the point was that they were lacking exclusives and now they have them it is STILL a problem? And Aiddon you misspelled Microsoft.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
Whelp, they're probably on to something here.

This is the year I'm actually going to get a new console and...honestly, PS4 looks like the best option. Lots of games I'm interested in and services + system quality look like they're top of the pile this time around.

bluegate

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2010
Aiddon said:
and even then most of those titles aren't coming from Sony themselves, thus it's kinda pointless.
This is what happens when a console has third party support, companies other than the one creating the console make games for it.
Although this might be an alien concept to you, this is actually a good thing, you know, like back in the day when developers all wanted to develop games for the NES and SNES.

JayRPG

Oct 25, 2012

Now can we please stop with this crazy misconception, that everybody seems to have, that the Xbox One has more exclusives than the PS4.. or the Wii U for that matter?

I have a total of 3 games for my Xbone, Halo 5, Rare replay, and Sunset overdrive, and unless I wanted to play Forza there is scarcely anything else I have to have an Xbox One to play, mine is collecting dust.

The difference is vast, and it only gets worse when you look at digital/indie releases, and it's astounding how few exclusives the Xbone has coming up.

Even the Wii U has more retail and digital/indie exclusives than the Xbox One has.

Btw, I'm not shitting on the Xbox One, I bought one after all, and enjoyed the few games I have, but it's like I'm constantly bombarded online with the notion that the Xbox One somehow has far more exclusives than the competition when, in fact, it's lagging quite badly.

Yetisage

May 20, 2009
I feel like reading through the comments.. I'm the only one excited for Uncharted 4. Anyway I'll just keep waiting for Ratchet and Clank.

Spacewolf

May 21, 2008
A few games but not many I can actually muster any form of excitement for, God Eater might be the biggest one just because it's a Monster Hunter rip off.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Whatislove said:
Now can we please stop with this crazy misconception, that everybody seems to have, that the Xbox One has more exclusives than the PS4.. or the Wii U for that matter?
While I strongly agree with you here, has anyone made this claim? They've never had more exclusives than Sony in any generation. Sony just has a massive list of first and second party development studios and are one of the most incredibly supportive platforms of 3rd party studios too. Microsoft has been almost antagonistic towards smaller studios and that gets them in the end. Though no one has been as bad as Nintendo who don't even bother advertising to developers most of the time.

Btw, I'm not shitting on the Xbox One, I bought one after all, and enjoyed the few games I have, but it's like I'm constantly bombarded online with the notion that the Xbox One somehow has far more exclusives than the competition when, in fact, it's lagging quite badly.
I will add that there is a decent chance that Halo 5 will likely be a timed exclusive while remaining a console exclusive. They've got a model of making their own games timed exclusive on the XBO and making more profit in a secondary PC release this generation. We've seen that with Gears of War, Ryse, and Deadrising 3.

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
Saltyk said:
Meh. Honestly, I'm half tempted to put that guy on my ignore list (It would be elite company as it is empty). He's so cynical, I think it's giving me cancer. I don't think I've seen even one vaguely positive comment from him. It seriously has to be tiring being that negative all the time.
I hate to be another car on the hate-train, two wrongs don't make a right and all that, but I was thinkin' the same thing.
I'm like "Sheesh, man, can I buy you an ice cream or something?"
Anyway.
Yay, garmes!
Especially Uncharted 4, I'm pretty hyped for Uncharted 4.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
bluegate said:
Silentpony said:
Notice the phrasing. Big titles. Not good games. No, that's not a promise they can make. But big titles. That's all they're promising.
Notice the salt, so salty, very salty. Seriously though, why so pessimistic?

ot: Looking at a list drawn up by some guy on the internets somewhere, I'd say that there are a lot of interesting games coming in 2016.

Because I have access to Google and know what the good/bad game ratio has been. Like that list you posted. Pick 4 to be good. Everything else will be mediocre or worse.
Said the same thing last year, but NOOO. Everyone thought I was being pessimistic when I said Evolve, Arkham Knight and the Order wouldn't live up the hype.
Even told people back in October to lower their expectations for Fallout 4, and everyone thought I was just being a negative Nancy.

But I guess that's just my pessimism again.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
At least they didn't say they were embarrassed by how good their line-up was.

I suspect Sony will do fine. But I'm not holding out all that much hope that their version of VR is all that. Both the PS4 and the XB1 seem to be having difficulties conveying 1080p at 60fps; conveying high-resolution images to two different screens in sync at a rate that avoids motion sickness while constantly tracking and updating head positioning doesn't sound like it's somehow magically going to be easier for the hardware.

Arqus_Zed

Aug 12, 2009
Not really interested in any of those.

Persona 5 and the new Ratchet & Clank on the other hand...

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
The Forest is coming to PS4?

Well that is certainly a shocker! Good on them for getting it to a state where they feel comfortable to release it on consoles!

otakon17

Jun 21, 2010
bluegate said:
otakon17 said:
About fucking time, what it's been 3 years now and the library for games for it is still only in the dozens TOPS?
Two years actually and there are quite a lot of games released for it;
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_4_games
And how many of those are exclusive to the system?

Fulbert

Jan 15, 2009
It better be, Mr. Sony PR guy, it better be. I bought myself a PS4 yesterday and spent a good hour browsing through the store only to find there are exactly two games there to justify the purchase.

The 2016 lineup does indeed look promising though so I consider this an investment into the future.

Tanis said:
Also, no love of Persona 5?
I mean, it's freaking P5!
Persona is coming out for PS3 as well, that might be the reason they don't mention it. But I do agree, that is one of the few games I'm really looking forward to this year.

Pinkilicious

Sep 24, 2014
Silentpony said:
bluegate said:
Silentpony said:
Notice the phrasing. Big titles. Not good games. No, that's not a promise they can make. But big titles. That's all they're promising.
Notice the salt, so salty, very salty. Seriously though, why so pessimistic?

ot: Looking at a list drawn up by some guy on the internets somewhere, I'd say that there are a lot of interesting games coming in 2016.

Because I have access to Google and know what the good/bad game ratio has been. Like that list you posted. Pick 4 to be good. Everything else will be mediocre or worse.
Said the same thing last year, but NOOO. Everyone thought I was being pessimistic when I said Evolve, Arkham Knight and the Order wouldn't live up the hype.
Even told people back in October to lower their expectations for Fallout 4, and everyone thought I was just being a negative Nancy.

But I guess that's just my pessimism again.
Look on the bright side! ...It gave us... WRAITH-CHAN!

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
Actions > Promises

(good)VR on PS4 or any console for that matter seems far fetched considering the horsepower needed to run that.