PSN Downtime Costing Capcom Big Bucks

Enrathi

Aug 10, 2009
SinisterGehe said:
Enrathi said:
SinisterGehe said:
Enrathi said:
I'm having trouble seeing the hundreds of thousands, let alone millions of dollars Capcom is supposedly losing. Can anyone explain to me how they make these numbers up?

Edit: I do understand it's affecting developers/publishers, especially the small ones. I just don't really believe these huge numbers that Capcom is throwing around.
I am sure they got someone who is professional looking after their finances inside the company. Because I bet you do not know anything about the financial books of Capcom.

It doesn't really matter how much money they are losing, the fact is that they are enough of it, to make a severe impact on their future plans.
Really? Wow, and here I thought they had a trained monkey with an abacus doing their books.

No shit I don't know anything about the state of Capcom's finances other than what they put out in press releases. Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

And now that I've got that out of my system, I did have to actually stop and think about the fact that PSN's been down for 3 weeks now. I can see the hundreds of thousands but I still have trouble believing they lost millions.

And now, unless you're that trained monkey with the abacus, I recommend you try to be a bit nicer to people in the future, it's just common courtesy. Just because I state my opinion, as in what I think and feel, that doesn't mean it's fact and being anonymous on the internet doesn't give others the right to be dicks to each other.

Fact: Capcom is losing money because of the PSN outage.
Fact: No one, including Capcom, will ever know how much they lost. They can make estimates and run equations, but it will never be perfect, it's still just an educated guess.
Opinion: I don't think they're losing millions on it, at least not at this point. If it's another 3 weeks before PSN is up, then I'd have no problem believing it.
Can you point me the secton in which I insulted you? Because what you considered to be offensive was a friendly offer of discussion from my side. I didn't mean to offend you. But if you want to be an asshole by thinking I am an asshole - I can play along. So there was no need for misdirected insult from your side.

And you are allowed to state your opinion, just as I did - there was no need for you to jump on mine. I merely enquired your basis on the opinion and then stated my opinion to side with it to see how your would respond, there was no intention of provocation or what you call "trolling". But if you call me a dick, be sure I will call you a dick also.
Yeah, sorry about that. I didn't sleep well the night before and my back was hurting so bad I could barely move without pain. So I wasn't exactly in the best of moods when I read your reply and posted my own.

And I never accused you of trolling. To me, trolling is purposely going into a thread and posting something with the express purpose of pissing off as many people as possible. I just took offense at something, and snapped back about it. Now that I've reread it and am in a better mood, I see you weren't being asshole, not anymore than I was.

In case you were curious, this is what got to me:
"I am sure they got someone who is professional looking after their finances inside the company. Because I bet you do not know anything about the financial books of Capcom."

While I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, I took it to mean you were saying I was stupid by thinking that they were just making up numbers (which they technically are, but at least they're well educated guesses) or that you mistook my opinion as fact (happens all the time on any forum) and were trying to prove how I was wrong.

So, sorry about being an asshole. I usually try to be better than that, but like any other person, we all have good days and bad days. Yesterday just happened to be a bad one.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
Enrathi said:
I hear ya. I know something about pain, I myself suffer from Dystonia and a pain condition on my right arm and shoulder, gives me bad headaches, back pains and pain attacks. I am classified as a Pain patient and I take Tramadol and Noritren as a pain medication daily.

And I understand how my words can be misunderstood, I got Aspergers and with it i got issues understand language in social context and I am not native to English language so... Well words are words, but we are sharing ideas using the words. Words lie but ideas don't.