PSP Paradox

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Well todays My 22nd Birthday, and i been looking At getting a PSP(Yay for Birthday Money?), the system itself has many of the types of games Im looking For(rpg/Strategy), im Wondering if i should get one close to Now, or later, or wait for a psp2,

xXGeckoXx

Jan 29, 2009
Pigeon_Grenade said:
Well todays My 22nd Birthday, and i been looking At getting a PSP(Yay for Birthday Money?), the system itself has many of the types of games Im looking For(rpg/Strategy), im Wondering if i should get one close to Now, or later, or wait for a psp2,
The PSP is crap.... I don't know weather the PSP 2 will be better but the PSP is not good.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
xXGeckoXx said:
Pigeon_Grenade said:
The PSP is crap.... I don't know weather the PSP 2 will be better but the PSP is not good.
well whats wrong with it?

Redingold

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Mar 28, 2009
What's wrong with the PSP? If this guy likes RPG/RTS games, and the PSP has lots of them, what is the problem?

jsouth88

Sep 29, 2008
I owned a PSP and had Crisis Core and FF: War of the Lions. The PSP loses appeal very fast. The battery dies super fast too. I did buy a dsi and I love it. The battery is awesome and it has tons of final fantasy games. And Chrono Trigger. I would do the dsi to be honest.

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
22nd Birthday?

Birthday money?

Huh?

I just got a handshake, a small plain tasteful card.

Teachingaddict

Nov 8, 2008
Get the PSP and some custome rfirmware and you're set to go

Wouldn't bother waiting for the psp2 it's stil onyl in development phase, and I personally think it is really going to suck

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
If you want RPG then gop to DS. PSP is okay, but has a battery that dies after less than 5 hours. Simply awful. I have one, and it needs a new game to get it's appeal back to me. Like a certain Final Fantasy XIII PSP spin off? A kingdomm Hearts game? A new MGS? Something worthwhile, please!

wordsmith

TF2 Group Admin
May 1, 2008
I've got a PSP, I prefer it for strategy/driving stuff (my usually decent mouse-twitch doesn't move well onto analogue apparently, so I suck at FPS's). If your battery is draining that quickly, you might want to invest in getting a 3rd party battery, they usually work better

Dale Cooper

Apr 12, 2009
I would probably stay away from a PSP, I've never owned one but a friend of mine has one and regrets buying it.

BUT, if there are games out there that you want, and you can afford it, why not treat yourself!

Fortesque

Jan 16, 2009
I got a PSP, left it in the car on a hot day now the screen doesnt work. Need to get it fixed.

Elven_Star

Apr 26, 2009
PSP is not crap, I own a PSP and 28 games and I love them. But I guess DS would have been a better choice for me as I'm into JRPG games and PSP definitely lacks quality titles there save Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.
That being said, I still can't trade my PSP for a DS for two reasons:

1. I can convert my original PS1 discs to play on PSP including FFVI, FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Grandia and Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. As you can see that's just too much classic fun and nostalgia to let go of.
2. I'm waiting for Final Fantasy Agito XIII which is a PSP exclusive.

So, I have started saving for a DS and I suggest you go for a DS as well. Having both of them is the best of course. Anyhow, if you insist on buying a PSP (or buying it before DS), feel free to PM me as I have played many games on the system and we pretty much have the same taste.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Catkid906 said:
If you want RPG then gop to DS. PSP is okay, but has a battery that dies after less than 5 hours. Simply awful. I have one, and it needs a new game to get it's appeal back to me. Like a certain Final Fantasy XIII PSP spin off? A kingdomm Hearts game? A new MGS? Something worthwhile, please!
are they Continuing Support For the DS, now that the DSI is out now?

andyes, id Prefer As much information on these things before i make any choices, the smart shopper, most times

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Pigeon_Grenade said:
Catkid906 said:

andyes, id Prefer As much information on these things before i make any choices, the smart shopper, most times
Well, it would be nice to get the DSi, but I'm keeping my DS lite. Nothing wrong with it. The DS has alot of games and mainly those which appeal to everyone. The PSP has not got alot of main games. Mainly Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Resistance Retribution.

Oh and Splinter Cell Esentials.

Nice profile Pic by the way. A pixelated pigeon! I want one!

logiman

Aug 8, 2008
lol..are u guys morons? the PSP is a great console for its money. And wtf is all the talk about the battery sucking? i remember i finished God of War: Chains of Olympus on one baterry charge (like 5-6 hours), using the UMD disk. And i can also listen to about 10 hours of music and watch about 3 movies until the battery is kaput.
I say yu wait until E3 to see if Sony announces the PSP2 and get it when it comes out.
And I also think it`s a great alternative for people who can`t afford a PS3, 360 or a good gaming coputer. Most of the popular titles also end up on the PSP (GOW, The Force Unleashed, Resitance, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Metal Gear Solid etc). You also have awesome titles exculsive fot the PSP like Patapon etc, and there are alot of games, from any gener i might add.
With the Skype app that you have on it from default, u dont really need a phone to carry around any more, and the Internet Surfing is also great.

Sorry for making it so long. i got carried away

LE: It`s also great playing with frinds if they also wave a console.

Pigeon_Grenade

May 29, 2008
Catkid906 said:
Pigeon_Grenade said:
Catkid906 said:

Well, it would be nice to get the DSi, but I'm keeping my DS lite. Nothing wrong with it. The DS has alot of games and mainly those which appeal to everyone. The PSP has not got alot of main games. Mainly Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII, Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, God of War: Chains of Olympus and Resistance Retribution.

Oh and Splinter Cell Esentials.

Nice profile Pic by the way. A pixelated pigeon! I want one!
i dont need any of the Features that the DSI has, however i dont wanna get a Ds, and then they Discontinue doing Anything with it.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
Why all the PSP hate? I suppose the battery life is a bit rubbish and a 2nd nub would be nice but its a wonderful console :s.