PSP Vita Will Have One Account Limit

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
This isn't anything new, the PSP more or less had the same "issue". Physical games are still region free so this only affects the few people who actually go through the effort of downloading content from other regions.

Seriously, I knew people were going to overreact to this. This is not that big of a problem for an overwhelming majority of people, so quit jumping the gun at the slightest bit of "bad news".

PatrickXD

Aug 13, 2009
This doesn't feel like such a big deal to me.
Why do we need multiple users if there are still multiple save slots on a game?
But the region lock sounds like it could be frustrating for some people, let's just hope they come up with another way to deal with that! (Like releasing every game in ever region, perhaps?)

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
Irridium said:
Every family with more than one child who likes games? Every parent will make their kids share the really expensive handheld, because buying one for everyone is, well, really expensive.

Though it remains to be seen if it'll be like the PSP's one file only thing. Probably not, since piracy on the PSP is pretty much second only to PC piracy. So they'll probably not do the same thing again.
So why do they need seperate accounts? As long as you can have more then one save file for a game this is not a problem in any way. Mabey some people are far more uptight about this type of thing but for me I cant really understand why it would be an issue.
one reason i need seperate accounts is so i can buy stuff off the jp psn store but thats just me and this just means i am now locked into one region

carletonman

Oct 29, 2010
Sony to Nintendo: I see your one smoking hole in the left foot, and raise you two smoking holes in the right

NezumiiroKitsune

Mar 29, 2008
The only thing I think it would change in how mine was used is if I wanted to let friends use it on their accounts, or to game share. I do have American and Japanese accounts on my PS3 but I rarely use them, I only demo games I'm really excited for, and don't use the store very often, and wouldn't want to go to the trouble of using an online "debit card" to buy things off those other stores anyway.

So it doesn't change a lot. I'm definitely not one to share my console with a group of people.

It's definitely not a good feature though.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
-Seraph- said:
This isn't anything new, the PSP more or less had the same "issue". Physical games are still region free so this only affects the few people who actually go through the effort of downloading content from other regions.

Seriously, I knew people were going to overreact to this. This is not that big of a problem for an overwhelming majority of people, so quit jumping the gun at the slightest bit of "bad news".
Yeah I was pretty much expecting it too, and I really don't see the big deal. The PSP had the same deal and people still figured out how to get games from other regions.

I will still be getting the Vita, this changes nothing for me.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
-Seraph- said:

As seems to often be the case on many topics, I'm in complete agreement with Seraph on this one. It's another thing that people are far too quick to overreact to given that it will actually impact almost none of them on any meaningful level. I just can't see how this information would change the mind of someone who hadn't already made up their mind about the system. As such it's not anything new beyond simply being new ammunition for them to continue not wanting it.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Actually this is a good thing. Ive seen several cases over the years where PSP owners who preowned thier PSP's did not delete thier PSN account information from the system, including credit cards.

I, myself, dont bother creating multiple region accounts to access region exclusives (a policy which is confusing to me to begin with) i wont be affected in the slightest.

Apr 28, 2008
Satsuki666 said:
Irridium said:
People just don't like being told what to do with the things they buy by the seller after they're bought. And then being forced to no matter what.
How are they being told what to do with the things they buy? Also how is this any different at all from the DS which does almost the exact same thing but worse?

I get the wah wah I cant buy region locked games anymore thing but thats it.
I don't know. Only thing I can think of is because the DS is marketed mainly for children and adults who just want time to kill, and the PSP is something else. And kids would just figure something out and adults won't share much.

But I really don't know. Someone might be able to tell you, but it's not me.

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
This is the most douchebag thing ever. I love to import games and download stuff of the Japanese PSN store! (I made a japanese PSN account for it).
WTF....

So, Microsoft is actually starting to look like the good guy now, I'm not sure what to do about that.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
To quote Big Worm from the highly excellent Apocalypse Lane:

"That is some bullshit right there."

Honestly Sony, do you just do this stuff to troll?

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
teqrevisited said:
It's as if they're baiting the hackers to try it again.
I think that most hackers will look at this and quickly move on as if saying what else is there left for me to do to them that they aren't inflicting upon themselves.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well of course they did. I mean what sort of child molesting, coma ward rapist would try and deprive Sony of money they are entitled to by account swapping?

You thieves need to quit killing the industry, before you throw Uncle Billbox and Gramma Sony out in the streets with the rest of the human filth.

Michael Hirst

May 18, 2011
This news doesn't bother me so much since I would only use one account anyway.

The memory cards on the other hand are just annoying, why do some crazy crap like that to make your system less accessable to newcomers Sony? I love the PSP and I want to see what you've got in store here but the more things you do to disappoint can only put me off buying the Vita.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
Fuck sake, Sony. Once upon a time I was actually looking forward to the Vita.