PSP Vita Will Have One Account Limit

Jebusetti

Jan 12, 2010
I am amazed that this really is surprising people. Sony are notorious for this kind of thing, and have been for years. Just ask anyone who has dealt with digital cameras, for example, where Sony has been pulling this shit for a while now, with different memory sticks for each model, or different chargers, proprietary batteries you can ONLY buy from sony, etc etc. This is the reason why I generally steer clear of Sony products (ps3 aside), because it seems that instead of treating me like a valued customer, i get treated like a serf.

jacobythehedgehog

Jun 15, 2011
Why does it seem like everyone is making a big deal out of this. I hardly ever share my PSP or IPod with people anyway. The Vita will be no different.

Robert Ewing

Mar 2, 2011
Well, I already wasn't going to get this for other reasons. But this just makes me not want it even more.

Why is Sony actively trying to lower their fanbase when they are in so much financial trouble already? You'd think they'd skip all these useless security, anti-piracy, privacy, annoying things.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
are you kidding me?
it's a fucking PORTABLE tiny device
you take it with you so you don't have to play with a friend's device...

sometimes i think some people just live on bitching...

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Typical Sony move at this point.
If there's any way to leverage market control, they will do so; relying solely the appeal of their games to keep their platform alive.

It's a similar relationship between a drug dealer and his addicts (customers).

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
You people amuse me. Download the other regions game to your ps3, and put it on the Vita. This just means you can't directly download to the Vita. Whoop de doo.

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Well, that's kind of lame.

Though in my opinion this still isn't quite as bad as the region locking of the Nintendo 3DS.

Region locking, a handheld. Come on.

ElPatron

Jul 18, 2011
preventing users from sharing their PSP Vita with friends and family with their own user accounts
I didn't get the memo saying that sharing = piracy.

gigastar said:
Actually this is a good thing. Ive seen several cases over the years where PSP owners who preowned thier PSP's did not delete thier PSN account information from the system, including credit cards.

I, myself, dont bother creating multiple region accounts to access region exclusives (a policy which is confusing to me to begin with) i wont be affected in the slightest.
To circumvent region locks, you have to reformat because you can't have multiple accounts. That affects people. I guess. I don't know, from your post it seemed like one of us didn't understand how it works.

How is this a good thing to prevent identity theft? People don't delete their info in the PSP, okay...

But people will also forget to delete theirs in the Vita, right? And if you could access that info on a PSP, you will also access it on a Vita, right? Then how does this prevents identity theft, it only requires you to use the previous owner's account.

I don't understand how the PSP works with PSN because I never knew anyone who actually connected their PSP.

jacobythehedgehog said:
Why does it seem like everyone is making a big deal out of this. I hardly ever share my PSP or IPod with people anyway. The Vita will be no different.

So I guess you skipped that part in childhood when people shared consoles and games like crazy (nobody knew piracy, anyone who could crack consoles and get copied games was a deity).
It would have been even better with different profiles in the same console.

I might not share it with everyone I know, but it's kind of useful to share it with your own family. I mean, it's your family.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
This should bother me a lot more than it does, considering I've had to share a handheld a lot of times.

Eri said:
You people amuse me. Download the other regions game to your ps3, and put it on the Vita. This just means you can't directly download to the Vita. Whoop de doo.
Sony will probably have a firmware update to either the PS3 or the Vita itself try and stop that. Otherwise why bother with this detail in the first place?

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Well heres hoping Sony gives a reason y. Kinda silly if this was done on a whim.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
HEY, THAT'S NOT FAIR, I need 3 accounts, 1 for México (my country of origin and main account), another one for the USA (for the exclusive items from the PSN store) and another one for Japan (for the exclusive items again), That's how I did it in the PS3 and that's how I wanted to do it with this thing, except in the PS3 I had around 8 different accounts, because there were like 6 people in my house.

Spawny0908

Feb 11, 2009
Satsuki666 said:
I see this as nothing more then an anti game sharing move. One of the biggest problems with having multiple accounts on the ps3 is that one person could buy a game and share it with four others. I dont actually see only having one account on the vita as an issue because honestly how many people share their portable devise with others often enough for this to be a problem.
This. For me one account isn't that big a deal.

James Crook

Jul 15, 2011
Wow, I'm ready to bet there'll be a Jimquisition episode somewhere in the next few weeks that will discuss this matter some way, or another...
Sony: counter-productivity at it's very fucking best.

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
I don't care a whole lot about that to be honest. I only use one account for my PS3, and I doubt I'd ever use more than one if I got one of these either.

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
This has officially destroyed all interest I had in the system. The pricing was bad enough. Anyway I can save my money for something better that won't screw me over, if that's possible in this industry anymore.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Psh, Nintendo was region locking way before Sony thought of it. Once again they just copy their ideas!

Charmi the ninja

May 28, 2011
Why are you people calling it a "PSP Vita"?
It?s just "PSVita". For goodness sake, it?s even on the box!

This limitation would only really affect you if,
1. You plan on sharing your Vita other people, and don?t like them unlocking anything before you do.
2. You have multiple accounts to download games from other regions online.

Other than that, this news isn?t really much of a big deal, since most people buy portables as a personal device anyway. It?s still region free for physical copies of games that are only available in a certain region.