Putting The Boot In

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Nintendo won this feud because, you know, they still produce consoles. I'm pretty sure they don't even give Sega that much thought anymore these days. At least until Sega restarts their ad campaign against Nintendo.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
People have been asking for a female Link for years.

Nintendo heard. Nintendo obliged.

And everything went FAR better than expected.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
VanQ said:

Um.. no? There is no Female Link. Just rejected concept art.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Makabriel said:
VanQ said:

Um.. no? There is no Female Link. Just rejected concept art.
Did you miss the part of the image where Bayonetta is wearing a green tunic, has Link's shield equipped and has swords on her boots?

Nergui

Dec 13, 2013
Sega still has it's moments. Valkyria Chronicles (just released on steam) a Japanese game that isn't available for purchase on Steam in Japan.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/294860/discussions/0/620696522101300289/

Captcha - all your base
This is creepy, a meme from a Sega published game!

Malbourne

Ari!
Sep 4, 2013
Plumber? I hardly even know 'er!

...All jokes aside, I'm really glad they decided to include new incentives to replay the first game. I never got around to it, so if and when I play the game, it's still a welcome addition.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I was born in the 80's so I grew up with the Nintendo/Sega rivalry too, but to be honest I'm glad that's over.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
The Hungry Samurai said:
B-b-b-but Genesisdid..... ::Cries:: DAMN YOU DREAMCAST!!!!
Don't blame the Dreamcast: blame all the kids who bought the PS2 at launch when it was still an overpriced console with basically zero worthy game on it.

VonBrewskie

Apr 9, 2009
OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! They were playing the long con the entire time. DANG YOU NINTENDO!!!! *Shakes walker angrily into the sky, then falls over*

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
I... couldn't... hold... the... laughter... in... this... one... XD

And even in the first one you get the skins option right away! I thought that even the basic ones like Link and Samus were unlockables. But it's pretty much the first thing you're asked to select after the intro battle.

PS Captcha: paint it red, and green, and orange, and pink, and yellow...

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Sega vs Nintendo. Man that takes me back. While the commercials were poking at each other, I think the console owners/buyers were the main source of said rivalry. Much like it is today. Honestly I don't remember since I was lucky enough to have both systems. Friend had a Super and Cube so I played at his house quite often. Never got a Dreamcast, but did by Playstation when it came out.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
To me Sega lives in permanent shame, having gone from Nintendo's equal to Nintendo's third-party dev. I still can't believe Sonic is a character in Mario Kart & Smash Bros.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Redlin5 said:
Nintendo won this feud because, you know, they still produce consoles. I'm pretty sure they don't even give Sega that much thought anymore these days. At least until Sega restarts their ad campaign against Nintendo.

Gameboy: another proof than just better graphics doesn't necessarially make a better gaming experience.
"Creamed Spinach Color"? Popeye's favourite! Sold!