Queen Elizabeth II, Longest Reigning Monarch of England/UK, Dies

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The French had the right idea about royalty (and this is one of the few times I will be complimenting the French).

The Queen was a perfectly mediocre woman who had everything handed to her, worked for nothing and wasted resources while 1/4 of the UK's children lived in poverty.

She gave birth to some inbred pedophiles, as is pretty standard for royalty.

Her only achievement was living an incredibly easy life for a very long time with all of the best healthcare the country could afford.

All in all, royalty is useless and I don't understand countries that hang on to their little crowned mascots.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
He has zero chance of ever being able to remove his rings. Remarkably balloon-like hands. Don't know if that's an illness though, could be just how better people's hands are.
It's what happens to your hands when you never have to use them. They just turn to jello.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
I'm the only Irish person here aren't I? I'll keep my mouth shut so.
As all Americans I'm Irish on Saint Patrick's day. And as all Americans SHOULD I hate the British royalty. Does that count?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
She lived to the age of 96 and was stinking rich for all of it - don't expect me to cry or feel even slightly sad for her passing.

Here's a clip of her getting pushed out of a plane.

Reactions: XsjadoBlayde

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Im not a royalist. I don't particularly care for the royal family. I've never watched any of the Queen's speeches. I haven't tuned into any royal wedding, or lost my mind over another royal baby. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times that I have ever actually heard her speak.

Im sure the Queen was also responsible for a load of shady shit over her lifetime, most recently the coverup of Prince Andrew's noncery.

And yet, undoubtedly, the queen and the royal family are very important to British culture. So I guess I just kind of feel deflated. Im not sad, or upset. Im not liable to shed a tear at any particular point. But I guess I will miss the familiarity of her.

Thats really all I have to say, really.

Last edited:

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia

(Because I felt like it.)

Reactions: JoJo

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
"Level up opportunity"? Is he trying to use gamer jargon or is this some Britishism I've never encountered?
"Levelling up" has become a political/ media buzz-term in the UK to refer to improvement.

It's not related to "levels" in a gaming sense. It's related to the spatial sense of the word, as in "raising the level".

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
"Level up opportunity"? Is he trying to use gamer jargon or is this some Britishism I've never encountered?
'Level up the regions' means to increase funding and opportunities to places outside the south east, but at the same time it means absolutely nothing because they're never going to do it.

Reactions: Thaluikhain