Queen Elizabeth II, Longest Reigning Monarch of England/UK, Dies

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
You can say a lot about Queen Elizabeth II but at the very least she know how to be a figurehead and not overstepped her boundaries.

It's not even been a week yet and he is already arresting people and that's not even bringing up the pedophilia allegations

Kwak

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2014
Country
You can say a lot about Queen Elizabeth II but at the very least she know how to be a figurehead and not overstepped her boundaries.

It's not even been a week yet and he is already arresting people and that's not even bringing up the pedophilia allegations
What? Charles can arrest people?

Godzillarich(aka tf2godz)

Get the point
Legacy
Aug 1, 2011
Cretaceous
Country
USA
Reactions: Thaluikhain

CM156

Resident Reactionary
Legacy
May 6, 2020
Country
United States
Charles the First was not, and lost his head.
Well I don't think Charles III has to worry about that, given that capital punishment has been abolished in the UK in the 1960s.
But I see your point.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well I don't think Charles III has to worry about that, given that capital punishment has been abolished in the UK in the 1960s.
But I see your point.
I have been hearing a desire to return the UK to capital punishment...

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
My source, just trust me bro..

but no really here it is

I didn't post it earler because I thought someone else would have already posted it.
Yes, I believe the (misdemeanour if that) charge is called something like 'Creating a Public Nuisance', and the article mentions the old standby of 'Breach of the Peace'. Though this is probably the most threadbare and asinine application of either.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
Some fun headlines from my conservative boomer UK news feed, which is a little, um, shall we say "committed" or maybe even "unhealthily obsessed" towards one topic lately.

Screenshot_20220913-003916.png
(Fucking sun, of course)

Hey, the mail has gotta rile up their readership somehow too ya know!
Screenshot_20220913-014358.png

Oh you thought Meghan was gonna get some of that frothing tabloid heat taken off her after this? You fucking thought!
Screenshot_20220913-015947.png

There's a lot of competition out there now for the title of the most "seriously who the fuck honestly cares?" article, but this one is in a league of its own...
Screenshot_20220913-020100.png

Screenshot_20220913-140152~2.png
Not quite as ugly as institutionally covered up pedophilia with no sign of any justice on the horizon though, is it, express?

Last edited:

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
There's a lot of competition out there now for the title of the most "seriously who the fuck honestly cares?" article, but this one is in a league of its own...
View attachment 6991
My half-awake brain focused on the single line of "Jesty the Queen" and now that will never leave my head.

EvilRoy

The face I make when I see unguarded pie.
Legacy
Jan 9, 2011
View attachment 6995

What the fuck is going on in this country?! She wasn't in charge of the climbing wall!
I was hoping for a permanent Stat in Canada but it seems like that's a no go. People recently asked me if I'm a monarchist, but the truth is I just figure if we get a day for every recent Regent's birthday and funeral we could be down to a four day work week. Nobody ever even remembers Victoria Day is for her b-day around here. It's just May Long, the first long weekend of spring. Could do with a few more of those.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 6995

What the fuck is going on in this country?! She wasn't in charge of the climbing wall!
You think that's silly-- some Wetherspoons condom machines have been deactivated with a note saying they won't be selling "sheaths" currently as a mark of respect.

A friend of mine took a picture of the notice, so it's not a rumour, I've seen it.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
You think that's silly-- some Wetherspoons condom machines have been deactivated with a note saying they won't be selling "sheaths" currently as a mark of respect.

A friend of mine took a picture of the notice, so it's not a rumour, I've seen it.
Someone walking into the alley behind Wetherspoons on Monday is going to feel like Cillian Murphy waking up in 28 Days Later. Tuesday will probably be similar levels of gross carnage too.

Reactions: Silvanus

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
I was hoping for a permanent Stat in Canada but it seems like that's a no go. People recently asked me if I'm a monarchist, but the truth is I just figure if we get a day for every recent Regent's birthday and funeral we could be down to a four day work week. Nobody ever even remembers Victoria Day is for her b-day around here. It's just May Long, the first long weekend of spring. Could do with a few more of those.
You'll not get one for Charlie, nowhere near popular enough. I reckon you'll be lucky if it's not unpaid overtime.

Reactions: EvilRoy