Question of the Day, April 17, 2010

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
I um, may have paid a couple hundred dollars to buy a Spectral Tiger Mount card in WoW when it was first available, back before they started selling for $1000+. I can certainly think of much better things I could've spent the money on, but all I could think of at the time was "Ooh, shiny"

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now thats a really hard question. I think it would really have to b on several merits.

The usefulness of the item, the rarity, and how much it would be used.

But, if I had to say about an amount, no more than about £5-£10 ish

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
I'd probably go about $10 or a little more if it was A.) permanent and B.) all characters I created from that point on(assuming we're talking an MMO) got it. Even then that would only be if I really really liked/wanted it.

Yamikotai

You Lost The Game
Jul 24, 2008
Really depends on what the item is, but usually the $10 maximum. I mean, I paid for the Elite units on Empire: Total War - which I mostly regret since there was nothing special about them, except in the way of ships (only got them for completionism, and then didn't buy any more).

So yeah, maybe a few quid for some really nice stuff - for example in Mass Effect 2, I would have happily paid a couple quid for the Cerberus Weapons and Armor pack, which they gave us for free.

xHipaboo420x

Apr 22, 2009
This sort of thing is an impulse purchase (at best), so I never tend to spend more than £/$10 on it.

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
i can't see much point in the items anyway. a better weapon or something like that doesn't bother me. i can still kill someone with a pea-shooter that was free, just not as quick as the bazooka that cost me £10.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
I once bought a WoW TCG loot card from Ebay for £30 for the sole purpose of getting a pet monkey to amuse my raid group and others on the server. I could have spent that money elsewhere, sure, but as Publilius Syrus pointed out, 'everything is worth what its purchaser will pay for it'. My monkey bought a small amount of amusement to a lot of people, and many had never seen it before. I'd say those many small amounts of happiness were worth it.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I purchased That Retarded Horse [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA] and have no regrets.

WrcklessIntent

Apr 16, 2009
I've bought DLC worth like 15 dollars bought does that count as an in game item? If not i've bought crap for my avatar for 160 microsoft points.

Kaltazraza

Creepy dancing
Sep 10, 2008
Loop Stricken said:
I purchased That Retarded Horse [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCjuFpQ3EeA] and have no regrets.
I bought that one too as the only ingame item ever, and it's worth it, I would never buy something for money more

ThreeKneeNick

Aug 4, 2009
I bought items before (usually under $10), but never in a subscription-MMORPG, and never plan to do that. It's a matter of principle, i don't think it's ethical to sell items in subscription games just because someone will buy them, it just depresses me and shows that the company has little appreciation for its subscribers.

Kaymish

The Morally Bankrupt Weasel
Sep 10, 2008
nothing for singular items i do not believe in that sort of billing plan i will happily pay a subscription fee and an amount for an expansion pack but i refuse to pay for items