Question of the Day, April 18, 2010

Mar 16, 2009
Not to be bitter or anything but I'm tired of this post-contest, damage control mode that the Escapist has gone into. They keep justifying the inclusion of Farmville by talking about it all the time, but to be honest I am sick of it.
I do not play nor care for Farmville. Not only has it scammed its way to the top, but it copied and stole other games (both real and Facebook) to get there. Game Informer tried to do the same thing by running articles about the pointless game. I do not care for Farmville.

Galad

Nov 4, 2009
Shjade said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Where's the "I haven't played it but I don't care for it one way or another"-option?

Hate is such a ridiculously strong word to use in this context...
Exactly. Why does a poll on this subject require love/hate?

Mark me down for a simple, "No," minus the hate.
It's farmville man, you're not supposed to be indifferent to it. You're either supposed to think it's the next best thing after hot water, or lead holy crusades against the hellspawns that created it *snicker*

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Where's the option for 'no, I don't care about it?'

Or 'no, I don't have facebook'? Facebook is not the end-all site of the internet, you know (that's Maddox' site).

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
No, and I never have or will. Why? It does not appeal to me.

This too:
Epifols said:
Failed poll, it assumes that if we've never played it then we hate it.

Or that if we have, we love it. What kind of logic is that?
I don't "hate" games of any kind. Not to mention the fact that I no longer have a Facebook account.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
There doesn't seem to be an option for haven't played it and have no opinion on it apart from it's not my thing.

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
I wouldn't say I hate it, I have never played and never had no whim to play, the survey is quite flawed.

Layzor

Feb 18, 2009
The poll is a little black and white, I havent played it but that doesn't mean I hate it. I just don't want to play it because I won't enjoy it.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
I tried it once. Did not like it.

I did however play Mafia Wars for a while.

[sub]I am ashamed of that...[/sub]

pneuvo

Apr 7, 2010
I don't need any more addictions, and this one doesn't even tempt me, from what I have heard so far.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I played it almost obsessively for a couple months, I think I was up to level 27 or something. Then I had to limit my computer time for a month during exams and stopped playing. When I came back I never got back into it. It was too much of a chore.

Also, this poll is a wonderful indicator of just how many Zynga voting bots came for MM and left.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
I haven't filled in the poll, because I haven't played it. I don't have and hopefully never will have a facebook, or any other kind of morbid online shrine to myself. Heh.

=)

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
There should be an option for I don't have facebook so I havn't tried it... and therefore to not hate it or love it because I don't know if I do or not...

Cos thats what I would pick.
Or perhaps the escapist mods have forgotten about us non-facebookees.