Question of the Day, August 12, 2010

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
I cant help wondering why games that actually changed gaming are missing, off the top of my head the following games where games that highly impacted gaming as a whole:

Pong
Donkey kong
Ultima
Doom
Everquest
World of Warcaft
Diablo
Warcraft
Command and Conquer
Monkey island
Grand theft auto
Grand Turismo
Buldars Gate
Street Fighter
Mario
God of War
Final Fanasty 7
Etc

The list provided for this poll was highly derivative compared to for example the above games (and of course many others)

maxcubus

Nov 6, 2007
if they were so great why is it i havn't played them (some never heard of).
where is halflife or wolfenstien or any of the CIV games,

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
I vote for the "None of the Above" option.
Or GTA 3.

GTA 3 'made' sandbox games... and I love sandbox games... if you couldn't tell.

Gaming as a whole? Pac-Man.

Also, I smell troll.

Spiner909

Dec 3, 2009
Who was stupid enough to not put Halo on the list, among others? Nearly all of said titles are crap.

SoranMBane

May 24, 2009
By what unfathomable space logic are ANY of those considered influential? I'm guessing that this must be a joke poll, so I'll just play along.

Disgaea, because the main character was so annoying that he "influenced" me to stop playing the copy I had borrowed from a friend.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I don't think any of them changed gaming at all, but I liked playing the Zelda game, so I guess I'll go with that.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
Um...what about Half-Life, Dune II, Doom...fucking World of Warcraft? What mind did this list come from? One that only plays Nintendo consoles with limited experience on the 360, it seems. Honestly, I don't think any of those were very influential.

syltman

Feb 12, 2009
Pikimin lead to that PC game were you play as an evil dude whatever it was called

harvest moon maybe lead to farmville.

CopperBoom

Nov 11, 2009
Animal Crossing but mostly Harvest Moon because it came first.
The whole Zynga thing was the distillation of that kind of "causual" (it does not have to be a bad word) gaming.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
How exactly is Harvest Moon not winning by a landslide?

Didn't it basically show that the farming model works in the gaming world and thusly was the progenitor for what is one of the largest gaming genres on the planet?

Or did I miss where Farmville is suddenly not Juggernaut? (Not that it is good, I can't stand it, but it is huge)

CopperBoom said:
Animal Crossing but mostly Harvest Moon because it came first.
The whole Zynga thing was the distillation of that kind of "causual" (it does not have to be a bad word) gaming.
+10 Ninja points for you sir.