Question of the Day, December 28, 2010

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Kasper Gundersen said:
Why can't we just be satisfied with Ruby and Sapphire, and then stop there?
Try Gold and Silver, and there's my opinion right there. I haven't had much interest in Pokemon since those days.

SoulSilver was probably the best purchase I have made for my DS in a long time, though.

havass

Dec 15, 2009
Neither. But if I do, i'd get White. Just because it has a better box art and has the cooler Legendary.

DarkRyter

Dec 15, 2008
Kasper Gundersen said:
Because that's not how you make a successful game series. Also, Pokemon makes bank.

I'll be getting black. I don't really care about exclusive pokemon (If I want it, I'll just trade. Wifi does wonders). I only use the games as a vehicle to battle other people with, and Black has an area that lets you buy items that are otherwise unattainable (who knows how many evo stones or berries I'll need).

The only thing I'm worrying about is whether Terakion will be able to survive a Doryuzu EQ and be able to OHKO it back with a CC. Or maybe, I can scarf ditto counter like everyone and their mom.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Flipped a coin, got heads. Black it is.

But I will probably get both, just like with Ruby and Sapphire. Sure, the series never does anything other than add more pokeymans, or look prettier, but that doesn't explicitly make it a bad game- like how I always have the same brand of cereal.

The boxes change occasionally, and given the choice of either design, I'll pick the newest; this doesn't alter the flavour of the wheaty/fruity mess in my bowl (still delicious), but I do appreciate the temporary aesthetic distraction.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
I think I'll go with Black simply as I have a black DS and carrying case, so it'll fit in nicely. I prefer the boxart too.
I've been purposely staying away from any specifics about the games so it'll all be new so I have no idea what difference it will make or how much I'll end up wanting the exclusives I can't get.

Leviathan_

Jan 2, 2009
White.

Because Ranculus and White Forest.

Also, Black has more rotation battles and less triple battles, while it's the other way around for White.

Sarah Frazier said:
Ignorant rant from a person who hasn't played the series in a while.
Your loss I guess, though I doubt anyone cares.

Kasper Gundersen

Oct 18, 2010
Z of the Na said:
Kasper Gundersen said:
Try Gold and Silver, and there's my opinion right there. I haven't had much interest in Pokemon since those days.

SoulSilver was probably the best purchase I have made for my DS in a long time, though.
I remember loving the blue version, I was OK with Gold and I really liked Ruby, but I'm seriously disappointed by the newer games...