Question of the Day, January 12, 2011

daftalchemist

Aug 6, 2008
Unless that game somehow magically got really good overnight from the beta phase, there's no way I would even play a free version of it. Simple as that.

aaron552

Jun 11, 2008
I preordered this game. I was very disappointed, PvP was broken, with certain builds being far more effective than others, this also affected PvE, where the it was often far too hard without regeneration as your defense. In addition, the loot system was broken and largely pointless and the quests were lame and lacked any sense of scale.

I'll probably take another look now that it's FTP, but I'm not hopeful.

DeadlyYellow

Jun 18, 2008
No. While I did like City of Heroes/Villains, watching Shamus trug through Champions left me somewhat disillusioned.

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Yep.

Looking for a solid F2P MMO, and people are telling me LOTRO is going to run out of content very quickly, so...
I wouldn't believe those people. Besides, even if LOTRO did run out of content, I could probably play for another 3 or 4 years before I got to play it all. I've played for almost a year now, and on my main character, I've only just about got through the 3rd book of the 8 books that make up the first third of the main storyline of the game. I haven't even gotten to the Moria or the Mirkwood expansions yet.

Running out of content would really only be a problem for people that only play LOTRO and don't play anything else ever.

If I didn't have a Wii or 360, or DS or any other computer games or other hobbies and LOTRO is all I did. I can still seeing LOTRO lasting for more than a year.

Edit: Sorry, I facepalmed, after I thought more deeply about your comment. Those people were probably talking about the F2P content of LOTRO. In that case ya, there is only like 4 areas, I believe, in which F2Pers can go. Though, considering how many Turbine points people earn from completing quest-lines, they will easily earn enough to purchase other sections of the game, if they don't spend them on silly things.
-------

I'll give Champions a look, if I'm ever in a mood where I feel like I don't want to play anything that I have in my library of games that I play.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Definitely going to try it. I can't honestly say it's what I was waiting for, but hey, I'll give it a go.

ZeppMan217

Apr 13, 2010
And again, what's it with options?
"I don't play MMOs / I don't have a gaming PC."? You don't need a gaming PC to play MMOs.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
I've tried the free trial, and I'm decidedly meh about it. For one thing, I see what they were trying to do with the comic-book-style graphics, but I just find the look of the game kind of ugly overall. This is to say nothing of the game system, which I found kind of Byzantine (and this is coming from someone who used to play the original pen-and-paper Champions RPG).

TimeLord75

Sep 3, 2009
No, not interested. Played it in beta, then played it for awhile as a subscriber. In short: Blah. So yeah, not going to waste HD space on this.