Question of the Day, January 14, 2011

Eleuthera

Let slip the Guinea Pigs of war!
Sep 11, 2008
It's actually less now that I'm at home being "sick", but 6+ has been the absolute minimum for at least 10 years now.

On a workday, about half an hour before work, eight and a half at work, and another three or so at night, so that would make around 12. A bit less on weekends and days of, because I tend to sleep in or go out then (or more likely both).

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
yeah being a pixel pusher, illustrator or digital photographer doesn't help that number go down at all.

along with gaming i suppose i'll just deal with the 'severe health implications'.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Probably 6+. College doesn't help much, since I'm a CIS major and most our classes (even the non-computer related ones) have computers in them.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Please. I wake up in the morning, and then I turn on my computer. Some time later, when my eyes continually decieve me with the burning flashes and dizzy spells, I crawl to bed.

Except for school days, of course, which typically involve the same thing plus six hours of school in between. Can't remember the last time I actually *did* homework.

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
Well this thread makes me feel way, way better about my computer habits... but worse about culture as a whole. I can't tell if I should be upset about it or not.

BENZOOKA

This is the most wittiest title
Oct 26, 2009
Now let's have another try with 12+. At least for this period of life. There are days I don't even see a screen though. It all depends.

I'm quite healthy, but not planning to live till I'm 100, anyways. I smoke and drink, but also lift weights and go running. Sitting still does not make that huge of a difference nor importance. I live as I please.

DarkShadow144

Nov 16, 2010
way more then 6 hours, but thats only because im still on winter break from class and i havent been able to find a job to save my life, during the semester its still 6 or more but thats mostly for classwork

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I'm a VMware Systems Administrator. That means I pretty much sit all day at work in front of a screen, then I go home, work out a bit, then sit down and play video games / watch TV...

Beliyal

Big Stupid Jellyfish
Jun 7, 2010
6+, of course. Honestly, I don't think this is such a big deal. Humanity has been sitting for more than two hours a day since... well, since forever. Since we invented tools at least. Somebody had to make those tools, you know, and for that, we had to sit a lot. Not to mention the making of pottery, clothes, baskets, weapons and other. We were always sitting, and while it's not particularly healthy, I don't think it's also "severely" damaging. Does humanity have a choice really? From sitting in schools, colleges, during studying, reading, working in the office, even outdoors jobs like archaeology (I study it); if you're gonna clean a skeleton for two hours, you're gonna sit. In unpleasant positions.

The problem is not in sitting itself, but in not doing any exercise besides that. I sit for far more than 6 hours, but I also walk a lot (I avoid public transport) and do occasional exercise, and also I stretch every hour or so, relieve my muscles, stretch my arms and legs and so on. It's definitely not healthy to sit so much, but humanity already got used to it long time before computers were invented.

z3rostr1fe

Aug 14, 2009
They should've extended the choices... Easily, everyone's gonna pick the 6+ hours choice. O_O