Question of the Day, January 14, 2011

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Hmmm.... on my workdays I end up sitting in front of a screen for probably a good ten hours, with a few breaks interspersed to break it up. *winces* That sounds a bit more than two... Erf. On my days off I'm a bit more active though, clubbing and such. Maybe the two balance out?

Dr Snakeman

Apr 2, 2010
Marter said:
Any cause, huh? So, me spending almost all of my free time watching movies or going on the computer is more likely to get me hit by a car or shot by a mugger?

Good study.

Anyway, I don't care much if it will kill me faster, as I'm likely heading for an early death anyway. :/
Yeah, I'm thinking that that study is a load of bull. I mean, sure, it's not good for you to sit around all day and not exercise... but if just sitting a lot makes your untimely end more likely, then just about everyone ever is going to die when they're 50.

quantum mechanic

Jul 8, 2009
Depends on how much typable homework I have. I probably spend 2 hours a day on average doing work and entertainment on my computer, but I also spend several hours a day in class (today: 5 hrs) and several hours a day doing non-computer homework. On the other hand, I also train for ski racing 14 hours a week, so I don't know if the study is aimed at my health problems.

Discon

Sep 14, 2009
Not doing at least 6 hours is very hard in our society.

Besides computers and TV, there's few other activities for people who don't enjoy team sports.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
Here's where I know I can trust The Onion, because they said that I would spend most of my life staring at glowing rectangles.

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
What a cruel question to ask us. :p

Considering I spend almost 5 hours a day sitting in a classroom, I'm already screwed. Factor in the assignments and school alone is going to kill me.
Also my job has me on a computer all day.

I'm suddenly a little sad.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
well yesterday i played fallout NV for 12hours straight then played eve online for an hour then fallout for another 3. so im going to go for +6

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Well since we use computers in every class in school and I like to play games, so I would guess atleast 12-13h a day?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
I fix computers for a living. If I'm not staring at a computer screen I'm leaning over a half-disassembled PC or occasionally helping a customer. Much to the annoyance of my coworkers, if I have a wall of text to read through I just drop the resolution so everything's big, walk a bit away from the monitor, and then pace back and forth while reading it.

Rofl-Mayo

Mar 11, 2010
Anywhere between 4-20 a day. I should get a life, but at least being on a computer all the time keeps me informed.

runnernda

Feb 8, 2010
I work in IT Support, so a lot of my day is spent in front of the computer. I do work out six days a week, though, and I take every chance I get to walk around. Still, just about 7-8 hours of my day, at least, are spent in front of computer. I also watch a lot of TV.

Ildecia

Nov 8, 2009
on days I don't go to school; 6+.

on days i DO go to school... oh wait... i have my laptop open all the time.

so yeah like 10-14 a day.