Question of the Day, January 29, 2011

technoted

Nov 9, 2009
I'll get both, the 3DS maybe a few months after launch but the NGP I'll get at the midnight launch.

aaaaaDisregard

Feb 16, 2010
NGP, for sure - it sucks to be a dinosaur, but I prefer core games - Wipeout, Uncharted, Killzone, and I'm already sold. Plus there were some good games on the PSP, and I'd really like to play them with second analog stick.

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
I don't know enough about the NGP yet, but I'm still not completely sold on the 3DS.
To be honest, I'm pretty happy with my ipod touch for my hand-held gaming needs.

SinisterDeath

Nov 6, 2006
I myself woudl go with the NGP, I like the games, and when it comes down to it, I wouldn't mind a 'smart phone' :p And hey, I may not be able to afford a smartphone, but I can justify saving up for a handheld.

Now the question is, what 3G service will it allow? (I perfer pre-paid over contract, and since we'll be able to actually buy it straight out, a no-contract 'could' be possible.)

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Right now I'd still say it's too close to call though if I had to choose I'd probably go with the PSP2. I'm just still not convinced that the 3DS's 3D will offer enough of an improvement to overcome the great hardware that appears to be in place with the PSP2.. but if the PSP2 ends up with the sort of early life software drought that the first PSP had then I don't know if the gimmick VS hardware debate will matter. If the 3DS has the better game library then I'd certainly start leaning that way.

malestrithe

Aug 18, 2008
Both.

Each system will have games that I'll want to spend some time playing that would not appear on the other system. Each system will probably have the ability to download games from earlier previous platforms.

Also, I am old enough to realize the concept of a console war is kind of stupid.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Someone give me a yes or no please. NGP = PSP2? I'm getting confused, haven't been keeping up with the portables. And that probably answers the poll question, don't have enough cash to split between two systems.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
I need to see a couple months after release of what kind of games are out and in the works. I love my current 1st gen DS way more than my PSP because the PSP didn't have much support in terms of great games. They were few and far between. I am honestly hoping that both systems get the support they need to earn the masses.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
Eh, I'm a bit ups on it. I like Nintendo, but the NGP seems to have more power behind it. But i don't like Sony too much as a company, especially lately with the lawsuits. I guess i'll see prices and how well stocked they are with games and then make my decision

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
were the new windows phone?
also 3ds, better 3rd party support, that and their remaking all my favorite n64 games,

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
I think I'm definitely getting a 3ds, (there's just no way I can miss the new Paper Mario, Mario Kart, Phoenix Wright v Professor Layton, and all Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, DK, and Pokemon to come) but I am tempted by the psp2. I do think it'll cost $300+ though and anybody who thinks it could be the same or less than the 3ds is delusional.

Zeromaxx

Walrus King
Jul 2, 2008
There's going to be a new Megaman Legends game for the 3DS so that's what I'm voting for.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
Sonys.

3D doesnt appeal to me at all and I'm getting overly tired of Nintendos structure to releasing handhelds. No doubt after a year of the 3DS we'll have the 3DSXL followed shortly by some other version of it. I'm also bored of them passing out the same games over and over.

In saying that, I wont get the NGP at launch.

Originality

Dec 25, 2010
I like the NGP more than the 3DS, but I don't know what games will be released that will make them worth getting. Once they have a decent line-up, I'll decide then (although I will probably get both).

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
I'm leaning towards neither, but if I ever find myself really wanting a portable gaming device I would probably go with the 3DS.

Numachuka

Sep 3, 2010
3DS because

I'm kidding, the line-up for both looks great, it depends what I hear further towards the release of the PSP2