Question of the Day, July 20, 2010

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Assuming I can't have a clone made of me in later life and have my mind and memories transfered to the younger version of me before I die, I choose robot. No question.

Dark2003

Jun 17, 2010
A robot, because dopplegangers scare the hell out, there probably the only thing im afraid of and there evil anyway, and clone we would just be at war all the time about his soul and place in this world, bullshit. Robots are simple he follows my order and life is just fine

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
A clone.

A robot would terminate me, and a doppelganger would try to kill me (if Tomb Raider: Underworld is to be believed).

A clone seems safest.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Robot. No aging, strong and less likely to try (or at least succeed) to steal my girlfriend!

also I'm not particularly devious so less likely to be betrayed

Feb 13, 2008
Isaac Asimov said:
Oh, give me a clone
Of my own flesh and bone
With its Y-chromosome changed to X
And when it is grown
Then my own little clone
Will be of the opposite sex.

(Chorus)
Clone, clone of my own,
With your Y-Chromosome changed to X
And when I'm alone
With my own little clone
We will both think of nothing but sex.

Oh, give me a clone
In my sorrowful moan
A clone that is wholly my own.
And if she's an X
Of the feminine sex
Oh, what fun we will have when we're prone.

My heart's not of stone,
As I've frequently shown
When alone with my own little X
And after we've dined
I am sure we will find
Better incest than Oedipus Rex.

Why should such sex vex
Or disturb or perplex
Or induce a disparaging tone.
After all, don't you see
Since we're both of us me
When we're having sex, I'm alone.

And after I'm done
She will still have her fun
For I'll clone myself twice ere I die.
And this time without fail,
They'll be both of them male
And they'll ravage her by and by.
That is all.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
I'd go Doppelganger... That way when the evil me takes over the world I can go on an epic adventure across the world to reach his dark fortress and fight him in a battle to decide the fate of the world :D Kinda like me own videogame!!!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Doopleganger! As all the fun and none of the mess of killer AI or your own self getting superiour!

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Robot. They're much better in a fight.

Trivun said:
Seriously though, probably a clone. It'd be pretty awesome having a clone to do stuff for me like revise and sit my exams, or do the housework I'm meant to be doing right now, while I sit back and relax :D.
Wouldn't you rather something with the brain of a supercomputer and an internet connection sitting your exams?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
A robot, obviously :3
Then I could parade it around as a Chobits :3
My own persacomp...
Far more durable than a squishy human.

felixader

Feb 24, 2008
Robot.

Remember a Robot is not the same as an Cyborg and nowhere is it said here that it has to be qa duplicate of you.

So i would like to have a robot wich is able to act on himself but also opens up and then can be entered and co-operated like an battle suite or something.

For justice. ^.^

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Trivun said:
Khaiseri said:
Clone. I do not want a double of me last forever. Besides, my brother is a robot and from what I learned from him is to never trust robots because they do not have any feelings.
Is your brother dating Claire Bennet then, by any chance? And is his sister Miley Cyrus's best friend? Could you introduce me? :D

What? Just asking...

Seriously though, probably a clone. It'd be pretty awesome having a clone to do stuff for me like revise and sit my exams, or do the housework I'm meant to be doing right now, while I sit back and relax :D.

Or, failing that, ideally I'd have a clone, but one born the same time as I am, with the Y chromosome replaced with another X one, so it's a female clone of me. A female version of me, with the same interests and quirks, plus my good looks (but in female form, so an attractive female)? Yes please!
No, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Respectably.
And do not ask again please.

Snork Maiden

Snork snork
Nov 25, 2009
Anyone else want a clone so you can have sex with yourself? Probably like the best sex ever ever too.

MrNickster

Apr 23, 2010
A doppleganger is evil, a clone has free will. Robots properly programmed have none of that, and if it decides to shit it's pants and go evil, a bucketful of water and maybe some wire snippers will solve that problem.

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Robot. Because robots normally have a secret hidden weapons system.

Unless the dopplegangers in particular are D&D-type ones. You know, ones with psychic abillities. If so, then I want that instead.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Lizardon said:
Robot. They're much better in a fight.

Trivun said:
Wouldn't you rather something with the brain of a supercomputer and an internet connection sitting your exams?
Ahhh, but a robot wouldn't necessarily look much like me. Regardless of the skill of the robot scientists building it, there is guaranteed to be something that would catch it out, whether it's a slight jerkiness of movement to the latex face mask not being quite right. A clone would be guaranteed success, however...

Khaiseri said:
Trivun said:
Khaiseri said:
Clone. I do not want a double of me last forever. Besides, my brother is a robot and from what I learned from him is to never trust robots because they do not have any feelings.
Is your brother dating Claire Bennet then, by any chance? And is his sister Miley Cyrus's best friend? Could you introduce me? :D

What? Just asking...

Or, failing that, ideally I'd have a clone, but one born the same time as I am, with the Y chromosome replaced with another X one, so it's a female clone of me. A female version of me, with the same interests and quirks, plus my good looks (but in female form, so an attractive female)? Yes please!
No, and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Respectably.
And do not ask again please.
Hahaha, did you understand any of the references I meant there, by any chance?

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
I was thinking robot, but realized that if it were to look like me it would probably be a terminator...

I picked clone because I think that it would be the least likely to try and kill me.