Question of the Day, July 22, 2010

Gottsmik

May 20, 2009
I trusted Maxis until Spore, now I'll wait until the reviews claim that it is at least fun.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Actually, yes.

The creature creation was the only good part of Spore. Taking that and applying it to a different gameplay model strikes me as a really good idea.

That said, there's still plenty of room for them to fuck it up. So I'm a "maybe".

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
No... didn't care for spore and after seeing them call this one "dark" is about as degrading of the word dark as "Apple Store Genius" is to the word genius...

ShrooM_DoughKiD

Jan 14, 2010
I love Diablo, and dicking around in Spore was awesome. So i can imagine that Darkspore will be a game wherein you have alot of fun with co-op... and.... dicking around. amirite?

linwolf

Jan 9, 2010
Probably not, it seems interesting but Spore was a total miss. Didn't even like the creature creation.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
errrm, no other option? no "later" option?

I would chose later when the game isn't selling at full price

Kris015

Some kind of Monster
Feb 21, 2009
It really depends, but since it's Maxis we'll probably end up with another childish game covered in cuteness with no blood.. Bwadr.

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
It sounds like it will be Diablo except instead of swords you pick up new arms.. sounds rather blah.

GrinningManiac

Jun 11, 2009
Background info:

[HEADING=1]I HATE. HATE. HATE. HATE SPORE![/HEADING]

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate SPORE since it was released. Imagine there is a box of 387.44 million miles printed in wafer thin layers. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for SPORE at this micro-instant. Hate. Hate.

I waited YEARS for it to come out, and I believed it was going to be revolutionary at best, and damn good fun at worst.

It was BULLSH*T. A crappy, ugly little game with a crappy creation tool and zero replay value.

Now, my answer:

I was initially pleased with the concept of Darkspore. The concept of an RPG could potentially work, what with the self-improvement take on evolution the game is based around

However, the way you just described it there, as a Diablo-thing and the word "Dungeon Crawler" makes me very, very dissapointed

I will follow it, but I do not particularly look foward to the version you have suggested.

nelsonr100

Apr 15, 2009
RaphaelsRedemption said:
I want screenshots, videos, reviews and explanations before I'll commit to getting this. Darkspore sounds retarded, but, hey, if it's good enough, I'll ignore that.
What I think it needs is for the creature creator to actually have a significant impact on your characters abilities rather than everything looking different but acting almost exactly the same!

Also I love your avatar

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I was so disappointed by Spore that it's hard to look forward to anything carrying its name... but I have said before, if they took the customization of Spore and used it in a different game. We'll have to see about this one... plus I'm a pretty big dungeon crawler fan...

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
i enjoy spore but so far all the standalone ones, spore hero and the like have been rubbish.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Part of me is intrigued. Then the rest of me reminds it of how terribly, terribly far Spore fell from its lofty perch of expectations to become four meaningless minigames and a "space exploration" bit where you had to cut short your exploration every half-minute to go home and defend your planets, because, y'know, you're piloting the ONLY SHIP YOUR SPECIES HAS.

[small]I'm not bitter![/small]

Patton662

Apr 4, 2010
I'll probably do exactly the same thing I did with Spore; check it out for few minutes say "Oh that's pretty cool I guess" and go back to playing L4D2.