Question of the Day, June 5, 2010

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
FactualSquirrel said:
Well this is an incredibly odd question...

I'm gonna have to go with dogs.

Seems like the obvious choice.
You dont want dogs to twitter, find the old episode of Dexter's Laboratory where hes teaches his dog to talk "Hey Hey! It's the thing! The thing! Look its the thing!"

I voted monkeys..."I flung my poop at some of those hairless monkeys that come stare at me from the other side of the cage"

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
Honestly, I think no animals should have a twitter account. Gun to my head though, I'd say any type of wild canine such as wolves, foxes, coyotes, and so on. That's my opinion at least.

mexicola

Feb 10, 2010
Other, as in none. It's bad enough with people we don't need animals on twitter too.

Peace Frog

May 31, 2008
...The escapist covered the release of a device that lets dogs use twitter months ago.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
It would be amusing with Goldfish on twitter...

12:00: I took a swim and saw a nice castle under water, exciting.
12:01: I took another swim and saw a nice castle under water, I wonder if it's been here long.
12:02: I took a.....

You catch my drift

Alex The Rat

Jan 8, 2010
Please no! Human twitter accounts are boring enough, let's not force animals to broadcast their boring lives too!

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
I think as long as they can legally agree the Twitter's privacy policy, and are above the age of 13, then any animal should be allowed a Twitter account.

However, I don't agree with the notion of people accepting the privacy policy on behalf of an animal and saying the animal isn't underaged, has fully given it's consent and is fully aware of the implications of Twitter, that's just animal exploitation.

Also, I think these animals with Twitter accounts should be watched very carefully to make sure it is actually the animal using the computer, and not just a person who has claimed 'ownership' of the animal and is using their Twitter account for shenanigans... for example fraudulently using the animal's Twitter account to vote more than once in next years March Mayhem.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Hang on, cats have twitter accounts? Me-how could that happen? (Sorry)

I guess hearing the daily routine of a hawk would be ok, if gruesome

Veleste

Mar 27, 2010
They post pictures, not words which makes an exotic animal the more obvious choice.

Bats can fly so on your list I'd go for them. Otherwise it'd be fun to see what Penguins or Snow Leopards do. Maybe even bears. You know what your dog does, he just walks around the place pissing and licking himself. Bat's have a different perspective on life, as do Dolphins. Get cameras on those.

Gingersalt

Jan 31, 2010
Out of those four would prob have to be dog, even though I don't like them much. They are more irrigated into modern human society so their posts would reflect that and in turn increase the comedy value of it.

Would also be good to see them having tweet show downs with the cats.