Question of the Day, March 9, 2010

The Escapist Staff

New member
Jul 10, 2006
6,151
0
0
Question of the Day, March 9, 2010



Final Fantasy XIII hits shelves today. FFVII is a fan favorite, but how do you feel about some of the other titles in the series?

Permalink
 

Swaki

New member
Apr 15, 2009
2,015
0
0
the card game is about the only part of the FF series i like, so 8.
 

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
17,032
0
0
8. My favorite overall, too. I loved the junction system, and the way you could heavily customize characters ability lists. My favorite system since FF5's amazing job system.

And the card game. That amazing card game.
 

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
5,630
0
0
From the given list would need to be 7...however overall is 5
 

MentalBakura

Welcome To Das Oontz
Feb 21, 2009
366
0
21
No IX? Disappointed. Oh well, I voted VIII out of those. I don't care much for games outwith the main series, X-2 never happened, and XII was alright, but just doesn't compare to earlier entries in the series.
 

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
30,217
0
0
FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.
 

MNRA

New member
Jun 8, 2009
183
0
0
Onyx Oblivion said:
8. My favorite overall, too. I loved the junction system, and the way you could heavily customize characters ability lists. My favorite system since FF5's amazing job system.

And the card game. That amazing card game.
I feel trolled.... :)


MentalBakura said:
No IX? Disappointed. Oh well, I voted VIII out of those. I don't care much for games outwith the main series, X-2 never happened, and XII was alright, but just doesn't compare to earlier entries in the series.
I think the point of this question was to make us choose between the "lesser" FF games.

Lambi said:
FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.
Too bad FFIX wasn't a choice then :p
 

Layz92

New member
May 4, 2009
1,651
0
0
Of the ones listed I would say 8. However if the one with Figaro family and the espers were there I would pick that.
 

LeonLethality

New member
Mar 10, 2009
5,810
0
0
Tough choice between CC and XII but XII pulled through for its epic story and good gameplay overshadow the multiplayer fun of CC
 

reg42

New member
Mar 18, 2009
5,391
0
0
Out of those? XII, because X-2 was stupid, VIII's story was tripping on acid and I didn't play the others. My favourite by far is IX; it just did everything right for me. I love it.
 

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
30,217
0
0
MNRA said:
Lambi said:
FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.
Too bad FFIX wasn't a choice then :p
It's still my favorite FF.

But if we can only say the ones listed, FF XII. But only really because it's the first FF game I played.
 

DoctorNick

New member
Oct 31, 2007
881
0
0
Very limited voting options here.

I haven't actually played any of those, but I've come 'closest' to playing VIII when I watched a friend playing it for a little while.

So by default that wins.
 

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
2,650
0
0
VIII

it was my first JRPG

oh, i remember the FUN i had with that

and it appealed to my "gather random crap" instincts, you had the magazines,the GF´s, the matterials some (and i do mean some) monsters dropped and the trading card game!

i loved trying to get all the rules in one area, just to see how challenging it could get hehe
 

Lord Beautiful

New member
Aug 13, 2008
5,940
0
0
Of those, my favorite is XII, and even that I didn't like all that much. Final Fantasy doesn't really do it for me.
 

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
676
0
0
Lambi said:
MNRA said:
Lambi said:
FF IX. I like everything about it, the characters, the story, the environment, the music, etc.
Even Quina is bareable when you have everything else to distract you from him/her.
Too bad FFIX wasn't a choice then :p
It's still my favorite FF.

But if we can only say the ones listed, FF XII. But only really because it's the first FF game I played.
FFIX was clever in that it was a tribute to the fans who had been around since the beggining. most of the items (rats tail etc.) were key items in earlier versions while still being a great game for the newcomers. heck they even reference VII and VIII ("Nor Cloud nor Squall will stop me")

OT:
VIII had some great ideas and was well executed but XII was the first (except possibly XI but I didnt play it) to really break from the formula of random ecounters in a set environment and started exploring other ways of running the combat. OK so you could set your gambits leave the game in a certain area running for a week and come back with everything you needed to win (Gambits were soooo broken) but it gets the Kudos for that

also it was a homage to star wars IV thru VI with one of the best 'leading men' the series has ever had (not vaan btw)

XII FTW