Question of the Day, May 12, 2010

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
I was addicted to ISW (Which was the best MMORPG I have ever played/seen), but it died 4 years ago.
Now, it lives on in my memory, and the memories of the other players.
So now, I am not addicted to any MMO.
They are all like ash, when compared to ISW.
Well, for me, anyway.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
I'm not currently addicted or even involved with any MMOGs at this point in time, but if I were ever to return to a previous addiction of mine, it would without a doubt be Pirates of the Burning Sea.

Belter.

BigbadaBEEF

Jan 5, 2009
i was well and truly addicted to guild wars at one point, haven't touched it since i got my ps3 repaired (and that was just under a year ago)

AnneSQF

Sep 22, 2009
I was addicted to WoW for about 3 years until they released the news about Cataclysm and I realized they were literally stealing my money. But I kinda miss it NO STOP! Bad Anne! Don't think about WoW!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oppp7 said:
WHY DOES EVERYONE ALWAYS FORGET GUILDWARS?!

Seriously, it's like the 2nd biggest MMO.
You are wrong is several ways.

Not MMO.

Not the 2nd biggest, anything.

Not even developers call it an MMO.

Captain_Maku said:
Why does everyone miss out Ragnarok Online? :l

Seriously; more people play RO than WoW if you include all the private servers.
I can't wait for RO2 to come over to Europe :D
Yep, RO is underrated. I love it, but I'm not addicted to any game. I play RO sometimes (private servers), Aion (Public Test Server - official + all skills working + increased drops and exp = ftw) and Guild Wars. I couldn't get past level 10 in WoW.

I also enjoy Diablo 2, Battlefield BC 2 and similar games.

Oh, and RO 2 sucks, I'm talking about the graphics. They are ugly compared to RO.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I'm pretty sure i was addicted to DDO.
It was fun, and i wanted to try all the races and classes etc. But thank god i am a cheapskate and refused to pay a penny in the game. Thanks to that i ran out of quests near level 13 and even trough i unlocked a few areas just by doing good old grinding, still, i kinda found other things to do. But what worries me is that the game is still in my computer and i am afraid that one day out of boredom i may click on the game shortcut again. But i can't delete the game, i don't know why.

But i am very sure that other people have much bigger addictions. I mean, in total i played the game 450 h , most wow addicts see that as a small number. One of my friend who played a druid in wow (I think his name was Prussakas ) had spent about 10 times the amount of time i had spent playing DDO. And that wasn't all of the time accounted. The 4000h was recorded by Xfire, but he started playing much earlier than getting the program. I think he was at the top of his game.

But now, he has lost his interest in it and hangs around pot-smokers all day, sometimes comes to school ,sometime he doesn't. But the weird thing is that his personality is much likable. Weird, but he's a nicer person now. But i disapprove using drugs . M'kay?

Anyways, i agree that gaming addiction is a real problem and can ruin a persons life.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
I'm ashamed of myself for playing MapleStory. It's addictive if you can ignore the bad community and broken gameplay.

Apr 28, 2008
I used to be addicted to Runescape, but I was younger then. Not addicted to anything now, but I plan on spending a good chunk of my free time with The Old Republic.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Abedeus said:
oppp7 said:

Not MMO.

Captain_Maku said:

Yep, RO is underrated. I love it, but I'm not addicted to any game. I play RO sometimes (private servers), Aion (Public Test Server - official + all skills working + increased drops and exp = ftw) and Guild Wars. I couldn't get past level 10 in WoW.

Oh, and RO 2 sucks, I'm talking about the graphics. They are ugly compared to RO.
It's an online game that is largely multiplayer and you level up and build a character. I consider it an MMO, even if the developers don't want to admit it.

And I was only considering MMOs you have to pay for(either initially or subscription), not that Runescape free stuff.

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
oppp7 said:

Yea that doesn't make sense to me...if I ever got into a MMORPGer then it would be Guild Wars

Rainboq

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2009
Lambi said:
None. I play games that actually have an ending. Plus I've never payed for anything or bought anything online.
Not even games on Steam?
OT: Global Agenda, I HAS A JET PACK! *whooshing noises*

Lambi

Yuki-Onna
Oct 20, 2009
Rainboq said:
Lambi said:
None. I play games that actually have an ending. Plus I've never payed for anything or bought anything online.
Not even games on Steam?
OT: Global Agenda, I HAS A JET PACK! *whooshing noises*
Do you see a Steam account on my profile? No. That means I don't buy games off of Steam.

Absimilliard

Only you can read this.
Nov 4, 2009
I was severely addicted to Guild Wars, though it has lessened somewhat in recent months. Also, my Dungeons & Dragons Online addiction is coming along nicely...

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
oppp7 said:
Abedeus said:
oppp7 said:

Not MMO.

Captain_Maku said:

It's an online game that is largely multiplayer and you level up and build a character. I consider it an MMO, even if the developers don't want to admit it.

And I was only considering MMOs you have to pay for(either initially or subscription), not that Runescape free stuff.
Just because you call Bill a dog, it doesn't make him so. Bill is a bear and will eat your face if you try to pet him.

Like someone said, it's an online game with a nice-looking lobby system, quest/mission hubs and places of trading (towns and outposts).

Can you see or group with other people outside the towns? Can you see monsters outside of the gates? Can you contact with players who just left a town or outpost in ANY way except for guild/alliance/whisper channels? Can you trade with them outside of towns? Make two separate teams? PvP with them whenever you want?

Not an MMO. Diablo 2 also isn't an MMO.