Question of the Day, May 23, 2010

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I want a "The series has gone from glimmering works of awesome to piles of stuff that really doesn't belong in a pile, so no." option.

Skorpyo

Average Person Extraordinaire!
May 2, 2010
After the second one, the series took a plunge straight off the "Suck" cliff.

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
The first one was great, and the second one was OK. Then it went downhill fast with the third. I have no intention of seeing the new one.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
The first two ones were good, the third one was painful to watch, and I could care less about the 3D gimmick. No.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Go see it in theaters? Doubt it. I rarely ever go see movies in theaters... might wait for it to be on HBO or something...

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
The Shrek series for me is:

Shrek 1: "Hey, that was a pretty fun movie with some fun stuff going on"
Shrek 2: "Uh... another one? Okay, the first one was nice, so this one is probably alright too."
Shrek 3: "What! Aren't we done soon? Seriously! Fine, I'll watch it."
Shrek 4: *Runs screaming out of the room*

evilninja60

Feb 22, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
evilninja60 said:
i am not promoting the actions in which i am about to say

i am planning on seeing it but i'm bootleging it. not because i don't want to pay to it but i want the people who made it to lose money (viacom) because of what there doing to youtube.
So, in other words, you don't want to pay, but had to come up with an excuse to justify your reason?

And blame Google, they own it. Viacom tells them to remove something, but Google makes the call if it really gets the cut.

OT: I don't know, maybe. I'm more excited for Toy Story 3.
once google gets a notification that there viedos have copy written content google has to take them down or get a fined so its really not up to google. and its not an excuse cause in all honestey i'd rather go see it in theaters cause i like the theater experience i don't like watching movies at home, but if i can even take one dollar away from viacom then i will.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Ok, seriously, Who makes these polls? There is a huge difference between "No" and "No, I hate it" Can we have some middle ground in these?

I love the series but I wont be seeing the movie in theaters and thats different from saying "I hate it"

Nigh Invulnerable

Jan 5, 2009
Jbird said:
If I'm forced to watch it in the same way I was forced to watch Finding-F*cking-Nemo in high school over and over and over again, then I will.

I would go on to explain why that is, but I that's a whole different thread and I don't want to steer this one off course.
The big difference is that Pixar can actually make a good film, while Dreamworks just throws in as many obvious pop-culture references as the writers think are funny.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
evilninja60 said:
i am not promoting the actions in which i am about to say

i am planning on seeing it but i'm bootleging it. not because i don't want to pay to it but i want the people who made it to lose money (viacom) because of what there doing to youtube.
So do you also not watch tv? Because nearly a third are owned by Viacom. Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon...just to name a few.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
None of these answers sync up with my reasons for not seeing this movie. I liked the first two movies but don't plan on seeing the fourth one because I am poor and, dirty and would really rather not spend money what I am sure is a mediocre [mediogre anyone!?] family film. I will just wait and possibly rent the thing but, I still have yet to see the third and am taking my sweet time with that one too...

Le_Lisra

norwegian cat
Jun 6, 2009
Don't hate the series, laughed a lot at #1 and quite a bit at #2 but don't care at all for 3 and certainly not for 4. So no.

CloggedDonkey

Nov 4, 2009
i liked the first and second, didn't like the third and thought it was getting stupid, but I'll wait for a review.