Question of the Day, November 12, 2010

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Super Smash Bros or Super Mario RPG or Paper Mario. I was able to beat all 3 games, unlike any of the platformer Mario games :\

I can not time jumps for shit

rddj623

"Breathe Deep, Seek Peace"
Sep 28, 2009
SMB3 or World would be very closely related with 3 ever so slightly nudging out World. I recall playing it with my dad when I was younger. Oh the Nintendo :) I also fondly remember playing that and World on the SNES.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Paul Hearding said:
Super Mario RPG, FTW.
Amen. I bought that game on VC a couple years ago since I'm a huge fan of the Paper Mario series and I gotta say.... I enjoyed it more than Chrono Trigger. It was legitimately hilarious at times! I wish there was a chapter select option so I could replay all the moments where the game decided to throw a completely random rhythm mini-game or questionaire etc. at you. That coupled with the interactive combat system (press a/b with good timing to land crits or block attacks) and the platforming elements made the game incredibly advanced and unique at the time....I'm surprised it doesn't get more recognition.
the outsider said:
Super Mario 64

This is both a classic and a gaming milestone in history. Still timeless.
It has a special place in my heart for being the first video game I ever owned along with Lylat Wars (Star Fox 64) and Yoshi's Story.

I remember the first time I reached the top of the mountain and found king bob-omb, I thought he was reading a newspaper when he turned around.

I never got a chance to play Yoshi's Island except for once in an in-store demo station where I played for a good half hour and needed to be torn away from the controller by my brother. I'm still eagerly waiting for it to be released on VC.

Museli

Nin!
Aug 12, 2009
Brother Pain said:
Super Mario Land 2. A great Mario game for the original Game Boy, and the origin of Wario as well.
Indeed. My favourite platform game of all time.

drisky

Mar 16, 2009
Yoshi's Island is one of my top 5 games period, nevermind just Mario games.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Super Mario World is the only pre-N64 Mario game on my top 10. I love Super Mario Land 2, Super Mario Bros 3, and Super Mario RPG, but World will always be my favourite.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Since I haven't actually played Super Mario World, I'll have to go with 3. Unless Mario 64 counts.

daskat

Nov 4, 2009
donkey kong gamewatch edition... i think mario was there, not sure. also a tittle where mario and luigui appeared doing co op, similar to bubble bubble in the dynacom

superdeeduper51

Jul 16, 2010
Hands down, Super Mario World. I play that game to completion once every 3 months or so. It just never gets boring, and has to be in my top 3 favorite games of all time.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Super Mario RPG. Of course, it was made by Square. When they were good. And could tell a story worth a fuck. And Mario didn't look like an anorexic leather-daddy.

Otherwise, SMB3 all the fucking way.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
Brother Pain said:
Super Mario Land 2. A great Mario game for the original Game Boy, and the origin of Wario as well.
I remember getting this, along with the first super mario land game, when I got my gameboy, I think I was around 6 at the time, great games.

rileyrulesu

Jun 15, 2009
No super mario land? :mad:

thats what I grew up on, that and 64, but i really wouldn't call 64 "classic"
or at least not in the sense that i think you mean.
EDIT: yay! I see others have enjoyed this game as well! I thought for a while no one else knew of it!

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
Super mario 64. I remember it vividly. And then right after that, Diddykong Racing!

I dont think that counts as a mario game but it was one of the best games for the N64 ever.