Question of the Day, November 24, 2010

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
MurderousToaster said:
I vote other and I'm going with The Who.
I second this motion. Also Linkin Park because i'm complicated u no, rite??/ :p

james0192

Meh!
Oct 12, 2009
out of those 2, The Stones Easily - The Beatles just seem quite boring too me
But considering other bands of around the same time i'd say the Who

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
zala-taichou said:
The Kinks, definitely... Beatles and Stones are overrated.
I don't really agree with the second part, but The Kinks win any day.
I met her in a club down in old Soho, where you drink champagne and it tastes just like Coca-Coola, C-O-L-A Cooola...

DaBozz

May 27, 2009
The beatles did a lot more for music than the stones, and I don't like the stones anyway.

knhirt

Nov 9, 2009
Haha.

The Beatles, any day.

The "other" option is puzzling, for this type of poll.

Anyone who picked the Stones is wrong.

Wolfrug

Feb 11, 2009
Giiimme syyympathyyyyy, after all of this, whoooo'd you rather beeeee, the Beatles or the Rolling Stoneeeees?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqldwoDXHKg

(I don't know, but it made me think of this song ^^)

Aug 25, 2009
Aerosmith.

Of the two I'd go with Rolling Stones, because although I like less of their back catalogue their style is closer to the styles I like, (heavy rocking blues style) whereas the Beatles never got heavy enough or bluesy enough for me.

Not to say I don't love pretty much the entire Beatles back catalogue, but I don't take it as inspiration. The only time they got close to the sort of thing I like is when they covered other blues artists like Chuck Berry.

On a related note, Chuck Berry knew how much more popular the Beatles were than him, and opened up a song once with a very cynical 'this is a Beatles song' and proceeded to play Roll Over Beethoven. Chuck Berry, there's an artist.

PeePantz

Sep 23, 2010
zala-taichou said:
The Kinks, definitely... Beatles and Stones just aren't as good them.

God save the Kinks!
The Kinks are, by far, the most underrated band of all time. Even with the accolades they get, it is so underwhelming compared to how amazing they were.

Between the Stones and the Beatles though, I had to pick the Stones. Their bluesy sound outweighs the Beatles.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Of the two, the Beatles. I've heard more of them, and generally prefer their style. But my vote would always go to Pink Floyd if they appeared in a poll.

Glamorgan

Seer of Light
Aug 16, 2009
I gotta go with the Beatles. They are one of my favourite bands of all time, and Im not personally a big fan of the Stones.