Question of the Day, November 24, 2010

SodaDew

Sep 28, 2009
The Stones all the way!! The Beatles are great still, but I like songs like Paint it Black, Symphony of the Devil, and Ruby Tuesday more.

Darth Sea Bass

Mar 3, 2009
It was a tough one but on balance i had to go with the beatles. The stones were great but there post seventies output is a waste of space i mean c'mon after you write paint it black you may as well call it a day and go home.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
I could just never get into the Stones. I find their music annoying, but I can understand their artistic influence. The Beatles, however, I absolutely love.

shadyh8er

Apr 28, 2010
Half of the Beatles are dead and they STILL outsell the Rolling Stones! They had to have been doing something right!

Timbydude

Crime-Solving Rank 11 Paladin
Jul 15, 2009
Never really got why people like either band. Not only are there many superior classic rock bands, but there are countless better (and more intelligent) acts outside of the genre as well.

To each his own, I suppose, but I get sick of people claiming that these two bands are the end all of music.

Deacon Cole

Jan 10, 2009
Country
USA
Small Faces.

They needed to coin the term rock star to describe what Steve Marriott was.

TheOneandOnly

Jun 7, 2010
I voted for Rolling Stones, since the two (effectively) "other" options seem to make the poll rather pointless. If I could have anyone doing the soundtrack to my (purely theoretical at this point) game's trailer, I'd go with Frank Zappa.

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
BEATLES!

lol was expecting the stones to be more popular on this site, but glad to see the beatles doing well

i like the stones though too! some of their songs are just PURE rock!

HTID Raver

Jan 7, 2010
PeePantz said:
zala-taichou said:
The Kinks, definitely... Beatles and Stones just aren't as good them.

God save the Kinks!
The Kinks are, by far, the most underrated band of all time. Even with the accolades they get, it is so underwhelming compared to how amazing they were.

Between the Stones and the Beatles though, I had to pick the Stones. Their bluesy sound outweighs the Beatles.

i agree with you two on the kinks! they are an absolutly fantastic band! i started listing to more of their songs recently and its like i was rediscovering the beatles all over again lol, incredibly good stuff!

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
It's an unfair poll. It's like comparing apples to oranges. The Beatles are a pop music act, who incorporate some elements of rock on some of their albums. The Stones are a rock band that incorporate elements of other music genres into their mainly blues-based rock and roll.
So, the Beatles will win because they're infinitely more famous, but the Stones should win because they absolutely rock, as opposed to the Beatles who only occasionally rocked and also because they've been around for about 7 times as long as the Beatles ever were.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
I like them both equally.
So im gunna have to vote, "other".

8) Cradle of Filth beats them both.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
"Gimme sympathy, after all of this is gone; who would you rather be, The Beatles or The Rolling Stones? Oh seriously, you're gonna make mistakes, you're young; come on baby, play me something like 'Here Comes The Sun'..."

Cookie for anyone who understands what the hell I'm on about. Anyway, referring to the poll, never really been a big fan of either, though the songs I have heard from them both are really good. So neither is better in my eyes, but I pick The Beatles purely because of more exposure to them than the Stones (I just can't get enough of 'Hey Jude', especially since Jude [well, Judy] is my mother's name :D). Anyway, the Rolling Stones will still be going on tour when they're in their nineties ("I thought they already were in their nineties" - quiet, obscure pop-culture references, we don't want you here :p)...

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Eh, hate both of them.
Light rock is unbearable for me... it all just comes around to generic gibberish. People always say "WHY DONT U LIKE THE STONES" or "WHY DONT U LIKE THE BEATLES" or "WHY DONT U LIKE LINKIN PARK" or "WHY DONT U LIKE GREEN DAY".

And Green Day is NOT a punk-rock band, I don't care what you think. Papa Roach is punk-rock.

All_Aces

Jun 18, 2010
You should all be ashamed, calling the Stones a more ingenuitive band. They were alright, but the Beatles were legends that shaped modern music with brilliant, simple, and (above all) catchy music. None of the members could write well on their own, but they defined a generation together.