Question of the Day, November 25, 2010

jimduckie

Mar 4, 2009
gee left overs get boring after day 2 , and being canadian ,our thanksgiving is in october

forgive the triple post , just like left overs

Ukasuy

Oct 20, 2010
Voted mashed potatoes. As long as I have mashed potatoes, turkey, and gravy I'm happy.
Also I'm in the UK and about to go have a Thanksgiving dinner at 6pm. Though I wish I were home since my dad is making delicious turducken.

GahzlyGriffon

Feb 12, 2009
Well yeah im welsh(uk) and well i find that like halloween these american consumer holdidays are forced upon us....

OT: Gotta love stuffing

LarenzoAOG

Apr 28, 2010
ENKC said:
As far as I'm aware it's mainly an American tradition..
It's entirely an American tradition, no other country has Thanksgiving because the event that transpired that would later inspire the holiday only occured in what would become America, to people who would later create America. But yes their are those of us who know that not everyone celebrates it, I being one of them, I like to call them "the smart Americans,".

Hamster at Dawn

It's Hazard Time!
Mar 19, 2008
I love how most of the replies are just people saying that they're not American. Fair enough, neither am I. Regardless, I would have to say the Turkey. I mean, the other stuff is great but you can't have a Thanksgiving meal without a turkey! (I do not actually know this for a fact but on TV they ALWAYS have to have the world's largest turkey and I myself, not being vegetarian, support this tradition whole-heartedly.) I love cranberry sauce but what use is it without a turkey? It's all about the turkey, man!

Sarahcidal

Jun 1, 2009
im canadian so ours was last month, but that does not change the fact that my favvourite part is stuffing.. im surprised more people didnt pick it too actually

C95J

I plan to live forever.
Apr 10, 2010
tharglet said:
Other - being British I don't have thanksgiving :p
Ooh, first post and it's what I was going to put :D
How convenient...

thahat

Apr 23, 2008
i vote for the 'im not from the usa, i had a nice meal though' option.
but i went for turkey, because of xmas, and turkey owns.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
The poll needs a doesn't celebrate thanksgiving option.

I'll use "other" button for this purpose.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I can't really decide. I mean, it's the whole smorgasbord of food that makes it all good (god knows it's not because of the family, least not for me anyhow. Had at least three shouting matches during the Parade alone).

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Stuffing! Stuffing stuffing stuffingstuffingstuffingstuffing STUFFING.

I often eat a few pounds of the stuff in one sitting, then polish off the other 4lbs the same night.

Saboten

Sep 13, 2010
My grandma makes this potato dish with crackers on top of it. I'm not sure how else to describe it but it's delicious!

Best of the 3

Oct 9, 2010
FrostyChick said:
Best of the 3 said:
Well, I'm English so I don't do Thanks giving, I celebrate my birthday instead :D

If I had to chose though I would go for the stuffing. My nan's turkey stuffing is the best and I could just eat that and forget the rest for all I care.
Same here!
OT: Well I'm a Brit so no turkey for me. xP
Actually I saw it was yours today and I was going to say a big happy birthday if I saw you. Well now is as good a time as any so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

PS: if you are on the "If you wake up to the above person's avatar" in forum games section I am handing out cake.