Question of the Day, October 29, 2010

NeoAC

Zombie Nation #LetsRise
Jun 9, 2008
I think voice acting would be pretty awesome. I can do Nolan North's job anyday.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Well, I've been doing the jurnalist/voice actor bit for a year, but I'd really like to get into writing for games.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Woo, I'm loving the new multi-vote system, I can see this being very useful in the forums (provided it's not merely something cooked up for just this one thread...).

Anyway, I actually intend to build a career in videogames after I graduate, hopefully at the end of this academic year. I'm also working on a project (well, I was, but it seems to be stuck in development hell) with fellow Escapists to make an old-school RPG, and I'm part of the writing team as well as working on level design.

I actually want to be a level designer, but I also enjoy writing so that's something I'd be interested in too. I wouldn't mind voice-acting, but my voice isn't exactly perfect for that. And I'd love to go into videogame journalism, which is just one of the other career paths open to me at the moment :p

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Concept artist would also be awesome I think. Granted I don't quite have the skills developed for it as of yet and making constant re-iterations with only slightly different details can get boring at times.

But it'd be pretty cool to be given the rundown by the writers/designers...and apply your own take on that rundown. :)

Priddo

Nov 19, 2009
Seeing as I'm a programmer, programmer is the obvious answer.

However I have worked in the game industry for 4 years as a beta tester, already.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Game designer. Putting things together, working the triggers, that sorta thing. I have a small knowledge of C++ and C#, so that would probably be the next option

Doomdiver

Mar 30, 2009
Well since my aim after uni is to get into programming AI for games I'll go with programmer.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
none.

I'm looking into to be a computer systems engineer which has very little-none relevance to the development of computer games directly.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Programmer or game designer... I already know programming and learning to make some simple games in C# and JavaScript.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
why no categories for artist someone to draw character designs sketch out levels, imagine the whole astetic of the game, create textures and yadda yadda, also are 3d artists, and etc.

and hell game tester is a good one. :p me i want a job at bethesda or obsidian testing their games cause i could have found half the bugs in the main quest wo even trying that hard. god know where they got their q&a testers but it sure seems like they barely played the game.