Question of the Day, October 29, 2010

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
I would love to be a game animator, i kinda am one but i really suck, i would like to be more profesional, maybe in the future i could pay myself some studies about that.

The thing is i also like being in close relation to the game desing itself, maybe work on small teams like pop cap does.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I can write some and design (write, some art)
but only eh

I would excel with voice acting tho
I've always had the voice for this kind of thing

Zosephine

Dec 4, 2008
I'm definitely a wannabe voice actor, but I also think writer would be cool.

I like it when worlds have little details that make it seem like not everything revolves around the main storyline. It makes things more realistic in my opinion.

Composing would be amazing, as I am a huge sucker for game soundtracks, but I'm pretty terrible at music.

Sep 17, 2009
I am an english/theatre double major so my only video game applicable skills would be screenwriting and voice acting.

I am actually seriously considering getting into video game story design.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Voice Acting Definitely!!

I would love playing the Villain's voice!!

Especially this dude right here :D

.....Sadly that Talented Bastard, Nolan North beat me to it.. :(

TheArma

May 19, 2009
Non-exec majority shareholder of EA/Activision...

That'd do me. No work, all the moneys.

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
<-- Currently a sound designer. Very cool job, I love it. But I'd love to get into creating my own games, as I enjoy writing, drawing and composing music as well. My brother and I are halfway through a viable demo, but it's hard to find the proper time to really dig into it. I need to release a personal project so I can work on more personal projects! :O

The Lizard of Odd

Jun 23, 2009
Christopher Dudgeon said:
Games Tester! Simple to do just do what I do on my time off but get paid for it =]
You realize that game testing is nothing like that right? I mean, it depends on what you're testing...but most of the time it's incredibly boring, frustrating, and a lot of paperwork for very little pay. I haven't done it, but I know enough folks who have. Sure, technically you get your foot in the door, but unless you find a way to prove you're able to add something to the team creatively, it's not really the best option.

Sorry, not trying to crush dreams, just making sure you're aware of the reality. :p

not_the_dm

Aug 5, 2009
As a musician, I'd try to get into composing scores. The big advantage of writing scores for games as opposed to films is that, aside from cutscenes, you haven't got time restraints for the music.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
If everyone here who chose 'voice actor' was given said job by Bethesda, maybe then people would stop complaining about the fact that Cyrodil is inhabited by a handful of people.

Warrior Irme

May 30, 2008
I eventually want to become one of the artists tasked with developing the game world, hopefully with colors and not a smear of browns.