Question of the Day, October 6, 2010

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
I like the Defiler (Fire Axe + Sledge Hammer). The ingredients are easy to find, it gives good PP, it has a fast jump attack, it's super strong, and the alt attack is a fast sweep good for crowd control (just don't hold down the button long enough for it to become the hammer spin.) The only problem is the regular attack is slow but it isn't as vulnerable to grabs as some other weapons are.

The light sword is too slow for all it's combos, durability is low, and you're vulnerable to grabs between every swing. The Tenderizer gloves are too weak; go with the Knife Gloves instead. Boomstick is just a waste of ammo; I prefer the rocket launcher. A lot of those other listed weapons are just too much of a pain to collect the ingredients to make them practical.

Lazarus Long

Nov 20, 2008
For sheer crowd-control practicality, I'd have to say the Super BFG or Tesla Ball. For pure awesome, boxing gloves plus motor oil. It takes enormous elephantitis balls to take on the undead hordes hand-to-hand, but to do it when your hands are on fire?
Case West may very well make the world explode from awesome overload.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
I got the most mileage against bosses from the Polearm.
Broom + Machete.
Against Zombies I got the most mileage from the violator.
Fire axe + Sledgehammer.
The deadliest was the blitzkrieg no doubt, but without the ability to go through doors, it's use was limited.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Freedom Bear could only be more awesome if you could attach a voice box and make him say lines from The Heavy of Team Fortress 2.

teh_Canape

May 18, 2010
the defiler, it's so awesome it should be on TF2

I mean, what could possibly be more awesome than 2 axes taped to a sledge hammer? (besides a robot dinosaur transformer that shoots lasers IN SPACE)

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Plates + Cement Saw = Plate Launcher

If you don't believe me, try it out against a Psycho. This weapon is the reason I beat the last Psycho (in story mode, not overtime). The Plate Launcher is also excellent when it comes to crowd control and explosives-free PP harvesting.

Matthew Wilson

Apr 27, 2010
I've not played the game but the boomstick sounds brilliant, if only for the fact you can yell 'This is my BOOMSTICK.' before killing the zombies.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Out of those listed:
Laser Sword. The Force is strong with Chuck...

Not listed:
Motor Oil + Training Arms = Infernal Arms. It's a sword and shield... that are on fire. Auto-awesome.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
Naa. Definitely Bowie Knife + Boxing Gloves = ZOMG DOOM FISTS!

MMA gloves and the lightsabre are a close second though.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Complete the sentence: "THIS! Is my ___________"

a) SPARTA!
b) Beowulf!
c) Boomstick!
d) Jeopardy!

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
PayneTrayne said:
Electric Wheelchair + LMG = Blitzkrieg.

You get to drive around in a wheelchair that shoots like 4 machine guns with infinite rounds. Hands down, it slightly edges out the knife gloves.
It doesn't have infinite ammo, but it has a hell of a lot of it. But yea, Blitzkrieg wins with Freedom Bear a close second. I also like the Hawkings voice from the blitzkrieg.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Does no one like the Chainsaw-pole thing? I don't own the game, but I've seen gameplay videos (via Achievement Hunter) and I must say that is probably the coolest damn thing I've seen... that or using the Queen Bee as a weapon.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
AvsJoe said:
Complete the sentence: "THIS! Is my ___________"

a) SPARTA!
b) Beowulf!
c) Boomstick!
d) Jeopardy!
BOOMSTICK! Where's me drink? I can't shoot straight unless I've had a pint.