Question of the Day, September 19, 2010

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I actually enjoyed the first two Halo books, but Red vs Blue was what got me interested in the game more than anything.

Luke Cartner

May 6, 2010
Personally I don't understand why that game is popular at all.
Oh I get that certain people love it, it's just after playing the games I don't really get why.
There are better FPS's out there, the story is fairly ho hum and the multiplayer isn't any better any other of the genre..

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Red vs. Blue by far. It's the only thing that I really care for when it comes to Halo.

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
Red vs Blue. It has me actually wanting to buy an XBox. Without Red vs Blue getting me interested in Halo, there would be no real interest (outside of being a Game Design minor) in getting one.

Jaded Scribe

Mar 29, 2010
AvsJoe said:
I actually enjoyed the first two Halo books, but Red vs Blue was what got me interested in the game more than anything. RIP RvB
What "RIP"? Season 8 just ended, and Season 9 is a definite go.

Yeah, Blood Gulch Chronicles and Recollections are done, but the series as a whole is far from over.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
It was mostly popular because it was Xbox's "thing". However, RvB was incredibly popular, and I doubt that it had only a minor impact on everyone.

The thing about the other choices lies in the fact that if you played/read them, then you're already a fan, and thus you aren't helping with popularity in a purely numerical sense.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
GamesB2 said:
I think graphic novels... they bought Halo into the comic book medium and gave it a larger backstory.
Well, back-story is great and all, but how many people buy Halo for multiplayer...

REd v Blue, was the first great machinima, there may have been some before it, but it was the big one. It set the bar, so to speak. And where did the do it? The Halo multiplayer(If my memory is correct). And that's what sells those games. Simply put

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I would say the Halo 3 trailer. That's the reason I played Halo in the first place.
Unfortunately, instead of gods and demons, I got parasitic alien race number 634.

HaloHappy

Sep 7, 2008
RvB all the way. Those guys are freaking hilarious and the series' latest season was pure awesome.

Wintio

Jul 29, 2009
I'm going with the books as well. I played all the games through to number 3 at least twice before I knew there were books and honestly, I couldn't tell you what was happening in the story of any of the games until I read those books. They're not all good, but some of them really are, and it made playing Reach a lot more exciting than it otherwise would have been. I can't believe they didn't even make the list.