"Quit Facebook Day" Flops

CrazedRaptor

Jun 1, 2010
Anyone who is going to quit facebook would do so on their own. I don't understand why there was even a 'quit facebook day' unless only to publicize facebook.. which doesn't exactly need publicity.

Lullabye

Oct 23, 2008
Oh, well bugger me. I was early to the party, went and quit months ago.
Oh well, yay for not conforming!

mastiffchild

May 27, 2010
Well I think the whole Quit Facebook Day thing was bollox anyway. that's even coming from a man who DESPISES the way they run their little world. My fourteen year old daughter has been the victim of a long running hate campaign which Facebook refuse to do anything about. Even when people have said that they wished my daughter would die in hospital like her nephew(at the time he was critically ill with meningitis)was doing-they even wished they'd BOTH die as any relation of hers was naturally a pos!-even then, and we knew and could show who it was Facebook did nothing. they never do and I truly believe that too many teens and maladjusted kids have died as a result of, directly or not, lax approach to looking after people using their service.

No, she's had hate pages, petitions to ask for her to commit suicide and all sorts leading up to that kind of thing. The obvious thing to say to her is to sack it and never log on again but when you deactivate your account it's meaningless as all you need to do is use your old password to start again! Well, because all her real mates tell her to be strong and she misses talking to them she always goes back even though it's totally killing her. We don't allow it in the home but, even then, she's got access practically anywhere else.

Whatever, I don't want or advocate them being shut down-I just think it needs policing WAY better when a lot of their users are people at formative, sensitive stages of their lives. Teenagers often use Facebook and MSN and the like as a very big part of their lives and those sites benefitting from their presence should REALLY have a bit more respect for them. After all if they weren't there they'd go to the wall pretty damn quick. the laissez faire attitude exuded by the management at Facebook in particular is a joke at times and I wonder how many instances of dead kids it's going to take before something actually happens or other businesses stop wishing to be associated with them.