Quiz: What Kind of Vampire Are You?

Ubermetalhed

Sep 15, 2009
defult said:
That quiz is rather misleading, I was answering what I sounded coolest now Im stuck with a gay badge. anyway to get rid of it?
Same. I thought that what you answered would determine which vampire you would be, not every correct answer gives you a cooler vampire.

Oh well, looks like I get Edward then...

MetaKnight19

Jul 8, 2009
I got this chap called Louis

I have no idea who he is, but at least he's not Edward from Twilight.

LordXel

Sep 25, 2010
OUCH! I'm Edward? That's bad. I should go out in the sunlight to die now. Oh wait I can't die, I can only sparkle. Life is hard when your a vampire. :( I guess I should convert to being a mummy.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/135.130-Count+Chocula

It just goes to show you, your never too old for chocolatey breakfast cereal. Oh well, I'm not one for vampires anyway.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Woem said:
Andronicus said:
Woo. Edward.

Fair enough, I hate vampires anyway, makes sense that I'd suck (haha) at being one.

In my defence, I'm inclined to think that a large portion of this quiz would be relevant only if you're an American vampire. As if an Australian vampire is supposed to know (or care) whatever the hell a WD-50 restaurant is supposed to sell.
I completely agree, for me as a European some of these questions didn't make a lot of sense.
They're not the type of thing that Americans would know off the top of their head either. Many of the references are pretty obscure no matter where you live. The idea is that if you really, really want to guarantee success, you look stuff up. If you want to just wing it, you get what you get.

Just the same as all of our other quizzes. :)

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Susan Arendt said:
They're not the type of thing that Americans would know off the top of their head either. Many of the references are pretty obscure no matter where you live. The idea is that if you really, really want to guarantee success, you look stuff up. If you want to just wing it, you get what you get.

Hehe with a 70% as an european I don't mind anyway. I mean really you have to score pretty bad to get Edward!
It is kinda like an Uwe Boll thing, no matter what you get as long as it isn't an Uwe Boll movie you are fine.

Head Chef Dom

Nov 8, 2010
yay Count Chocula :D thank goodness I didn't get a twilight badge.

I also agree that this seemed to be mostly about if you were an American Vampire, I could just guess most of the answers

Catchy Slogan

Jun 17, 2009
Take this quiz [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/quizzes/result/135.131-Louis+%28Interview+With+the+Vampire%29]

Not bad considering I don't know much vampire lore.

Susan Arendt said:

You can work a few of them out with a bit of common sense anyway ;P

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
Susan Arendt said:
defult said:
That quiz is rather misleading, I was answering what I sounded coolest now Im stuck with a gay badge. anyway to get rid of it?
You should've read the instructions, then, as that's pointed out pretty clearly.

You can't delete badges, but you can hide them pretty well if you just don't add them to the ones on display.
Actually, the post says absolutely nothing about receiving a badge. All it says is, "Fair warning: You can take the quiz as often as you like, but only your first pass will count towards your final result. You only get one shot at being a vampire, after all."

That's not actually what I call a fair warning, considering that we seem to be stuck with the result. And don't tell me about how I can rearrange my badges, because I only have four at the moment. This is because although I've been viewing the Escapist for years, I only recently subscribed so I could post, and I'm not an achievement junkie. Frankly, I'd prefer not to have badges at all.

If you can't give us a way to get rid of those stupid thumbnails, then at least give a proper warning for when taking a quiz or doing something else will stick us with an embarrassing or personally controversial badge.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Trucken said:
Edward (Twilight)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just put me out of my mopey, sparkly misery!
Bwah ha ha ha ha! I feel so bad for you, but even so....bwah ha ha ha ha!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
templar1138a said:
Susan Arendt said:
defult said:
You should've read the instructions, then, as that's pointed out pretty clearly.

You can't delete badges, but you can hide them pretty well if you just don't add them to the ones on display.
Actually, the post says absolutely nothing about receiving a badge. All it says is, "Fair warning: You can take the quiz as often as you like, but only your first pass will count towards your final result. You only get one shot at being a vampire, after all."

That's not actually what I call a fair warning, considering that we seem to be stuck with the result. And don't tell me about how I can rearrange my badges, because I only have four at the moment. This is because although I've been viewing the Escapist for years, I only recently subscribed so I could post, and I'm not an achievement junkie. Frankly, I'd prefer not to have badges at all.

If you can't give us a way to get rid of those stupid thumbnails, then at least give a proper warning for when taking a quiz or doing something else will stick us with an embarrassing or personally controversial badge.
No, but it does say you have to choose the correct answers, not just your preference. You are right, though, that it doesn't mention badges, so I'll correct that promptly.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
Armored Prayer said:
Damn I did badly. Only got 2 correct and got Twilight's Edward.

Hey he might have a fruity haircut and sparkles, but he gets all the ladies! (sadly most are underage)
Wait, Edward is ranked higher than Count Chocula? I call shenanigans!

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
Count Chocula. Actually, I think I prefer that to the other possibilities. At least I get chocolate-y cereal.

McMarbles said:
Armored Prayer said:
Damn I did badly. Only got 2 correct and got Twilight's Edward.

Hey he might have a fruity haircut and sparkles, but he gets all the ladies! (sadly most are underage)
Wait, Edward is ranked higher than Count Chocula? I call shenanigans!
No, Count Chocula is higher. I got 4/10 right and got him.