Quotes that gives you chills?

Katnap_Devikat

Feb 12, 2010
Im going to go with the Oppenheimer quote. One of the most chilling quotes from anyone. You can literally here in his voice the horror he has witnessed.

tanithwolf

For The Epic Tanith Wolf
Mar 26, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
tanithwolf said:
"Every Bison dollar will be worth 5 british pounds,for that is the exchange rate the Bank of England will set once I've kidnapped their queen" -- M. Bison
Better one

OF COURSE!
I knew I should have included that one.

Also

"My evil plan is going perfectly, but I'm definately not a villain" -- Dr. Alex Brisbane

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
T8B95 said:
I have no mouth...and I must scream

Cake for whoever gets the reference.
I'll go for the full slice.
Wrong! (Book, not game)

NO CAKE FOR YOU!
icame said:
T8B95 said:

Uhh...its a game...yeah

(Also a book but I might be wrong)
No, you're not wrong. I'm thinking of the book.

Small piece of cake for you.

DefinitelyPsychotic said:
T8B95 said:

Nice Harlan Ellison reference!

Mine is:

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Shakespeare
CAKE FOR YOU!

T8B95

Jul 8, 2010
Circusfreak said:
T8B95 said:

cake please!
Why :p
Claripit772 said:
T8B95 said:

I loved the short story and the game of the same name. The way that the ending of the short story connected to the title gave me chills. The ideas behind the story absolutely perturbed me.
CAKE FOR YOU!

EDIT: DAMMIT, DOUBLE-POST!

Croaker42

Feb 5, 2009
Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something. - Henry David Thoreau

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
'My teeth fell out again. The holes scream when I sleep.'
That's from a little flash game on Newgrounds called Time Fcuk. There's a weird undercurrent of..tumour..to that game. It;s hard to explain until you've played it.

It's annoying, because I know I have dozens of unsettling quotes from various sources, but I never seem to be able to recall them when the opportunity arises.

Old Father Eternity

Aug 6, 2010
Kalezian said:
and my personal favorite:

You're almost invariably male, Caucasian, middle-class. Your parents were normal, vanilla folks. Maybe you had a sibling or two.
You went to a public school, pulling high or middlish grades with ease and relative disinterest. You didn't really gel with most of the other kids; you found them boring, they found you weird. Your contempt for the average person grew with your age, never seizing control like in some emo dipshit, but simmering casually in the back of your head. When some asshole who could barely read got hurt, you probably laughed. When some stuck-up skank got herpes, you probably smiled. Chances are you got on well enough with your teachers; you weren't a preening asshole like many of your peers, at least showed vague interest in learning, and perhaps the teacher sensed and picked up on your general contempt for others in your classes. This trend no doubt continued into college, if you had the motivation to bother.
It's a bit of an exaggeration to say you hate women: you don't, after all, enjoy the socializing game. You're probably no Don Juan, either. You long ago began to think of women as disappointingly petty, but you still hope to encounter someone interesting at some time or another.
You enjoy being Anonymous because it is a release from the normal world: no Anonymous has an identity, no anonymous is a preening idiot. Anonymous realizes he is just a guy fucking around on the internet. Anonymous knows others of his kind enjoy this fact, too. You despise the furry, the gaia user, the internet tuff guy for one simple reason: he acts like the internet is the real world, a place where actions should have social consequences and where there needs to be a pecking order. Needless to say, you do not approve.
___Well one be damned, that comes by a bit familiar.

Icaruss

Mar 24, 2011
It is good that we have seen such terrible things now death will bring no great sorrow.

No pity!No fear!No remorse!

Feb 13, 2008
T8B95 said:
T8B95 said:

I'll go for the full slice.
Wrong! (Book, not game)

NO CAKE FOR YOU!
*narrows eyes*

I Have No Mouth But I Must Scream was never published as a book. It was first published in the March 1967 issue of IF: Worlds of Science Fiction. And then used as a title for a collection of Ellison's stories, before finally being both a pdf and reprint in American Fantastic Tales volume 2.

That means...

The Cake is a Lie. ;)

b4k4

May 2, 2009
"Evil is always possible, but good is eternally difficult."

And the words that ended up sucking me into The Wheel of Time series:
"Ten years, Betrayer. Ten years your foul master has wracked the world. And now this. I will--"

"Ten years! You pitiful fool! This war has not lasted ten years, but since the beginning of time. You and I have fought a thousand battles with the turning of the Wheel, a thousand times a thousand, and we will fight until time dies and the Shadow is triumphant!"

And even if it's a little pretentious, I have to include it:

"Lasciate Ogne Speranza, Voi Ch'intrate" The final line in the inscription over the gates of hell, "Abandon every hope, all you who enter"

mcsestretch

Jan 6, 2011
"Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother and my sisters and my brothers. Lo there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call to me, they bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live...forever."

"What man is a man who does not make the world better?"

Long and one of my favorites:
"None of us know our end really, or what hand will guide us there. A King may move a man, a father may claim a son. That man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone. Even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say 'but I was told by others to do thus' or that 'virtue was not convenient at the time.' This will not suffice. Remember that."

ZtH

Oct 12, 2010
DivineBeastLink said:
"When the Dark One's armies swooped down upon the lands of Manetheren, the men of the Mountain Home stood before it, with their backs to the Tarendrelle. The host that faced the men of Manetheren was enough to daunt the bravest heart. Ravens blackened the sky; Trollocs blackened the land... At night their cookfires outnumbered the stars and dawn revealed the banner of Ba'alzamon at their heads... Hold for three days against odds that should overwhelm them in the first hour. Yet somehow, through bloody assault and desperate defence, they held through an hour, and the second hour, and the third. For three days they fought, and though the land became a butcher's yard, no crossing of the Tarendrelle did they yield. By the third night no help had come, and they fought on alone. For six. For nine."

--Moiraine Sedai, recounting the fall of Manetheren

"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day."

--Aiel Oath

"The rose petal floats on water. The kingfisher flashes above the pond. Life and beauty swirl in the midst of death."

--al'Lan Mandragoran

"Death rides on my shoulder, death walks in my footsteps. I am death."

--Lews Therin Telamon

"At the end of time, when the many become one, the last storm shall gather its angry winds to destroy a land already dying. And at its center, the blind man shall stand upon his own grave. There he shall see again, and weep for what has been wrought."

--The Gathering Storm
Fantastic quotes. From the same series, entirely because of the scene following it "Toy do you remember Hawkwing's face?" In my opinion Matt is the second most compelling character in that series, Egwene being the first.

From the Sandman series by Neil Gaiman
'The devil made me do it.' I have never made one of them do anything. Never." ~ Lucifer

"I don't know. Death's a funny thing. I used to think it was a big, sudden thing, like a huge owl that would swoop down out of the night and carry you off. I don't anymore. I think it's a slow thing. Like a thief who comes to your house day after day, taking a little thing here and a little thing there, and one day you walk round your house and there's nothing there to keep you, nothing to make you want to stay. And then you lie down and shut up forever. Lots of little deaths until the last big one." ~ Hob Gadling

olfelix

May 14, 2010
?Instead of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen, not dark but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Tempestuous as the sea, and stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me and despair!?

-Galadriel

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
"Why create when it will only be destroyed? Why cling to life, knowing that you have to die? None of it will have meant anything once you do."

"Life...dreams...hope...where do they come from? And where do they go?"

Eatbrainz

Mar 2, 2009
"What can i do with this one, Aphrodite? She WON'T! STAY! STILL! This one, too fat! This one, too tall! This one, too symmetrical, and now...What's this, godess? an intruder?! He's ugly! Ugly! UGLY! UUGLYYY!!!" - (forgot character name), Bioshock

"We shall see how brave you are when nailed to the walls of Hoover Dam, your body facing west so you may watch your world die." - Legate Lanius, Fallout: New Vegas

"So the cub enters the wolf's den. What do you want, cub?" - Papa Khan, Fallout: New Vegas