Rage Review

rohansoldier

Sep 5, 2011
I agree that this game seems a bit too close to borderlands (which I love) so I will more than likely give this a rental but leave it at that. I am still ploughing through borderlands as I was a bit late joining that particular party, but this could be fun for a little while.

I don't think it will rival borderlands or the sequel when that comes out though (at least not for me).

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Didn't see anything particularly new and outlandish here, I'll pick it up at $30 or if Borderlands 2 turns out real shitty.

danyy2009

Dec 6, 2010
Just me, or he dident really sound exciced in the video review about the game, while still giving it four and a half stars?

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
danyy2009 said:
Just me, or he dident really sound exciced in the video review about the game, while still giving it four and a half stars?
He never sounds excited. I used to find this suspect, but listen to a podcast with the guy, it's how he always sounds.

Neotericity said:
I already have this game preordered, but glad you can reconfirm that it's the type of game I wanted, purty stoked! Just wish you had mentioned the length of the game, but other than that great review.
The devs said it would fall into the 15-20 hour range. 15 for the core, and another 5 with all the side missions.

I want to check this game out, but Dark Souls is today....... which I will forsake my mother for.... that's not really true, I love my mother, but you get my meaning. ;)

I hate this time of year.

Dec 14, 2009
Looks interesting, but it doesn't stand out enough as a title I would buy at this time of year. Too many other great games I've been keeping my eye on, like Dark Souls, Arkham City and Skyrim.

If this was released 2 months ago, when there was barely anything new on the market, then maybe.

poleboy

May 19, 2008
Come on, this isn't even trying not to be Borderlands. Wasteland? Check. Crazy gang-like enemies with masks? Check. Quirky wasteland inhabitants? Check. Driving vechicles from one mission hub to the next, sometimes shooting other vehicles? Also check.

Different ammo types and setting on Earth instead of a different planet are the only two things I can see that differentiates this from Borderlands. Oh yeah, and no multiplayer.

Also, did he say nucular or did I hear it wrong? :/

Wuggy

Jan 14, 2010
poleboy said:
Oh yeah, and no multiplayer.
It has two multiplayer modes. PvP vehicular combat and co-op missions.

OT: I think I may have to get this to keep me entertained this October. I would've hoped for a stronger story component, but eh, seems fun enough.

Reaper69lol

Disciple of The Gravity cat
Apr 16, 2010
Ive been hearing a lot from other gamers that Pc version of Rage is utterly terrible. I myself have preordered rage since basically day 1 of preorders so I have huge hopes for it (backed up by gameplay and this review as well). But things that I've been hearing from PC crowd ( such as game freezing when quickly turning, no graphics options etc etc) things that make it sound absolutely terrible really and give me the impression that it's a really bad port.

Not sure what to think until I play it myself, but surely ID would not allow such a thing. I mean those guys practically invented FPS.

Neotericity

Legal Assassin
May 20, 2009
StriderShinryu said:
Umm.. it does mention the length. :)
Baresark said:
The devs said it would fall into the 15-20 hour range. 15 for the core, and another 5 with all the side missions.
My bad I guess I'm just deaf and daft, sorry about that :/

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
i give it a miss. sick of regenerating health, driving was never my thing except in GTA, bc you can drive where and when ever you want. and since the game was mainly made for console, im more then skeptical about the pc version.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
I'd be so very happy if everyone could just stop saying "nucular". It's NUCLEAR, people!

Beyond that, meh. Another post-apoc game that isn't Fallout. I might give it a shot once the price drops, but it smacks of Id wanting to use a common setting just so they can flex Tech 5's muscles. Plus, the idea that the game isn't completely open-ended kind of seems to be a letdown to me. Maybe I'm spoiled by Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas, but I'd like to have the option to just take off and see what's in this or that direction.

The only reasons why this worked in Borderlands were because of the random item generation and the fact that the bounty board system actually did make the game open-ended.

As it is, it just feels like Id sauntering back into the field, two or three years too late.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Michael O said:
CardinalPiggles said:
Slycne said:
Rage Review

Rage is an enjoyable re-entry into the post-apocalypse.

Read Full Article
Replay value?
Probably in DLC... like Borderlands.
Which you have to pay more for... *sigh*
And just when I was seriously considering getting this game full price.

Unless someone can tell me any real replay value.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
This game will do till PAYDAY: The Heist comes out. And then that will hold me over until Skryim.

Im glad what ive heard about RAGE has been positive. I might pick it up if things are looking good this week.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Reaper69lol said:
Ive been hearing a lot from other gamers that Pc version of Rage is utterly terrible.
That's what I've been hearing as well. While the problems with ATi drivers can be attributed to AMD, there's been some serious bugs apparently. The texture streaming is horrible, and there's no graphical option other than resolution, AA and gamma. No V Sync resulting in screen tearing, no console command, shitty FoV, unable to use Crossfire or SLI, and fucked up mouse acceleration.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/10/04/raging-about-rage-pc/

Lack. Of. Technical. Options.

In. An. id. Game.

What has happened to the world?

I would ask PC gamers to wait a bit before jumping into this one. I'll wait for the Steam sale if it turns out to be a cheap port.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Andronicus said:
I love the idea of the post-apocalypse in general; what I hate is that they all look exactly the same, when there's absolutely no need. We've already seen this wasteland before, in 30 or so other games; it's just being lazy.
This exactly. I completely lost interest in the game after seeing the Enemies trailer; it's Fallout 3 with a Borderlands paint job and Bioshock weapon skins. Enemy AI doesn't compensate with how bored I am with this kind of apocalypse.