Rampant nerd fanboyism you want to beat with a stick.

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
Lil devils x said:
That is the thing, most people completely like something that others find disgusting. I personally like fresh broccoli and am perfectly okay with the fact that others might find that repulsive. That is the difference between fanboism and just liking something. I do not feel any need to convince others to like something. I do not feel any need to defend my liking broccoli. But the minute you tell someone you think anime is as repulsive as dog poo, they feel a need to defend it as can be seen in this very thread. It isn't my words that are the problem here, as most do not think twice when someone says "eww eating bugs is gross!" while others in India, for example, think it is a great treat!

Anime to me is no different than some people enjoy eating bugs. What is there to discuss? If someone doesn't like something, that should be fine. No one should try to convince them to like something they do not like. It is only " rampant nerd fanboism" that makes one wish to defend something like that. I think my point has been proven on this very thread that when someone says " anime sucks", Nerd fanbois act accordingly in it's defense. LOL

I avoid Anime threads for a very good reason. I don't seek out confrontations with Anime fanbois, they are entitled to like what they like, I just don't want to see it, so they need to stop trying to make me. :)

So yes, I would like to beat Anime fanboism with a stick. Is that really so bad?

EDIT: It is funny though that if someone says " eww eating bugs is gross!" they are not labled a "hater" but if they say" eww Anime is gross!" they are.
No, that is not the thing. You did not say you dislike anime or that you dislike people who watch anime. Nobody on this forum would have a big problem with that. What you did is you went out of your way to try and prove that anime are crap and that nobody in their right mind should watch them. You just named yourself the judge, jury and executioner of what is good and what is not in this world.

You keep generalizing by using the term anime fanboys. Anime series have alot of different art styles, different themes, different stories, different characters... and some people like one style but hate another. So there is no such thing as an anime fanboy. That's like saying music fanboy or movie fanboy.

As for you food comparison, tell me this. If you see someone coming out of a pizza place and you go up to them on the street and start being all like: , do you really believe that if they liked pizza they would not be offended? or at least annoyed?

So people do not have a problem with the fact that you mentioned anime. What people have a problem with is that fact that you make ignorant and offensive statements and try to disguise them as opinions.

And when someone tries to explain to you why your statement is wrong you just dismiss them as fanboys and go on insulting them.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Agreed on Boba Fett. The character was cool as a background distraction, but by giving him a backstory in ep II and resurrecting him in the Expanded Universe it feels like such obvious fanservice/catering it's revolting.

Also agreed on bronies. Mostly because I can't see any of the redeeming values they go on and on about. "The animation", "the jokes", "the characters"... look, I've seen some of the show. The animation is type Flash 101, on par with pop-up ads. The jokes are sitcom trash. The characters are '80s high-school movie stereotypes - the every(wo)man, the tomboy, the smug *****... again, I'm not saying it's awful, just another mediocre, standard-issue show and I can't for the life of me figure out why anybody would follow it. Supposedly the biggest pro is the friendship message, but don't we get that thing in every kid's show?

Dangit2019

Aug 8, 2011
And That said:
Ooo, edgy.

Now riddle me this: Who's more pathetic? Someone who won't shut up about a girl's cartoon on the Internet, or someone who won't shut up about how the other person won't shut up about a girl's cartoon on the Internet?

No one gives a fuck either way and we're all wasting our time talking about a girl's cartoon on the Internet.

OT: Peoples' obsession with the almighty canon can get annoying to me. It's kind of amusing how people will get legitimately enraged at the idea of something going awry in their preferred fictional universe, but when shit goes down in the real world, they just give a shrug and keep on keeping on.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
You know...I was going to do a "Top 5 Worst Fans in Any Fandom" list on another forum. But this seems to be a good topic to whip this list out for. Now...I was going to go into more detail with the entries for it, but I'll give you guys the brief version, since all five of these fans need to be retconned out of existance.

NUMBER FIVE: Rule 34-ists

Basically...these are fans that feel that things need to get a little naughty in what they choose to be fans in, even going so far as to write the appropriate AO-Rated fics to do so. Problem is that not everything needs to have smut nor is it appropriate to make smut. I mean, seriously...there's X-Rated BARNEY fanfic out there?!?

Biggest problem with these fans is that they can actually destroy certain fanbases in a way. Ever wonder why Archie doesn't allow any fanfic based on their core Riverdale based franchise? This is why. Too much fic between the main characters which pretty much amounts to multiple cases of statutory rape in fanfic. Definitely something Archie did not want.

NUMBER FOUR: Revivers

No one likes to see a beloved character die. As such some fans will do anything in the multiverse to see the character come back from the beyond, from writing fic which involves various forms of Deus Ex Machina to prevent them from dying to even going so far as to petition the guys who own the IP to bring them back.

The big problem with this is the fact that, from a storytelling standpoint, certain characters must die for the sake of the story. Just like how Aeris's death from FFVII was necessary for that story to work. Yet some fans just won't have it and appear not to care about the story.

NUMBER THREE: Gen One Fans

I can certainly understand that nothing can really beat the feeling of when something is new and exciting and brings something fresh to the table. But that is still no excuse for making fun of the newer items and annoying the living hell out of those who enjoy the new stuff. Obviously, the Pokémon franchise is rife with these idiots...but it's not just limited to that. As BarelyAudible and Nadia Castle pointed out, series like Transformers, Power Rangers, and TMNT also have them.

These fans need to dry up and blow away because these kinds of fans can cause divisions within fandoms. Quite frankly, it disturbs me to think that fans you'd THINK would have a common bond could easily turn on each other over something as inherently stupid as which generation was best. Especially since many such series should be judged on all generations as a whole over the years to see how well they've endured.

NUMBER TWO: Character Bashers

I can certainly understand not liking a certain character. Sometimes all it takes is just some small aspect of the character to not sit well with others. But...does it make ANY sort of sense to ridicule, mock, and wish all matters of pain and misery on them? Even going so far as to write fic where terrible things happen to them? You Bashers DO know you can't actually harm them as they don't exist...right?

These fans disturb me. I mean...if this is what they would do to a fictional character, what the heck would they do to people who piss them off in real life?!? On second thought...I don't wanna know. All I know is that these fans are another type that can cause divisions within fandoms, since some people actually like characters that others hate.

NUMBER ONE: Extreme Shippers

There's nothing wrong with thinking two characters would make a good couple. Heck, as long as the explanation as to why they are a couple makes sense, pretty much ANY pairing you can think of can work. The ones I'm talking about here though...are the ones who feel that ONLY one coupling is right and everyone who disagrees is wrong. Yeah...THOSE kinds of shippers!

The problem with this type of fan is not only the fact that, once again, they can cause divisions within fandoms...but sometimes they will even resort to actions as described in the OTHER FOUR ENTRIES ON THIS LIST! They will bash characters, talk about how they worked in the good old days, bring certain characters back from the dead to make the pairing happen...and may even go straight into Rule 34! All while acting all smug and high and mighty over how well this pairing works.

Well...that's the list in a nutshell, and my two cents/Rupee/Mobiums/Zenny/Gil/etc. on this topic.

CAPTCHA: mumbo jumbo

Sounds like a good description of how many of these fans sound, actually...

Zeles

Oct 3, 2009
The really obnoxious slashfic writers. It's insanely difficult to find any Kingdom Hearts fanfic that does not pair up any nobodies. Those pairings go against the canonical mechanics of the KH universe. Or the fans who say that their fic is better then canon because x characters got together. Or the ones that plain old disrespect the canon that they are fans OF.

GamemasterAnthony said:
Everything you just said.

Tyrant_Valvatorez

Mar 29, 2013
The people who defend Atlus's treatment of Europe. Yes they are a brilliant company who make fantastic games... however that does not excuse them neglecting an entire market.

Typically people always give it the excuse "Oh they are niche and don't have enough money for an EU branch" well it's not exactly rocket science I mean look at NIS America, a company who are arguably even smaller yet set aside a small portion of staff specifically for EU localization so it can be done. Also kinda funny when you take a minute and think for a second NISA managed to publish Hyperdimensionneptuna in the US and EU.

The other point is about the whole Persona 4: Arena fiasco if that was any other publisher people would not have put up with it, region locking a region free console is simply unacceptable... also screwing over an entire market just so you can save a little bit of money on reverse importing is a major dick move Atlus! Kinda does not help that the EU version took like 9 months to release and nothing changed from the US release.

Just wanted to vent a little so don't get me wrong I really like Atlus it is just frustrating to be an EU Atlus fan and hopefully the deal with NISA means this kinda stuff won't happen anymore.

Legion

Were it so easy
Oct 2, 2008
And That said:
RTSnab said:
Bronies.

Don't really think I need to explain that one, right?
Wow really?

Guy got suspended for saying he hates bronies?
No, he got suspended for not saying anything else but that he doesn't like them. It was the fact that it was low content that got the suspension, not the opinion itself.

These forums are a discussion board, if you ever feel the need to ask "Don't really think I need to explain that one, right?" the answer is yes, because that is how a discussion is created.

If this topic was "What's your favourite program?" and he'd answered:

"My Little Pony.

Don't really think I need to explain that one, right?"

He'd have gotten a suspension for that as well assuming a mod saw it or it was reported. The only difference is people don't tend to report low content posts unless they are negative, and mods can't be everywhere at once. That's why it sometimes seems like people with certain negative opinions appear to be singled out for things such as this.

But it's not the actual reason why.

Tyrant_Valvatorez said:
A decade ago I'd say that those people were right, but now the companies could upload it to a damn website/server and we could download those games, there really is no excuse any more. This goes for all niche entertainment that can be accessed via the internet. The "It's expensive" route is entirely negated due to digital distribution.

GamemasterAnthony said:
NUMBER TWO: Character Bashers

I can certainly understand not liking a certain character. Sometimes all it takes is just some small aspect of the character to not sit well with others. But...does it make ANY sort of sense to ridicule, mock, and wish all matters of pain and misery on them? Even going so far as to write fic where terrible things happen to them? You Bashers DO know you can't actually harm them as they don't exist...right?

These fans disturb me. I mean...if this is what they would do to a fictional character, what the heck would they do to people who piss them off in real life?!? On second thought...I don't wanna know. All I know is that these fans are another type that can cause divisions within fandoms, since some people actually like characters that others hate.
This one makes me laugh. Because if you go on over to the Bioware forums they have actually closed the character discussion board for Mass Effect 3 due to how extreme people have gotten over it.

It's insane how intense and serious some people can be over these things.

Johnny Novgorod said:
Supposedly the biggest pro is the friendship message, but don't we get that thing in every kid's show?
I don't know... Invader Zim seemed to be about how if aliens were to invade we'd have nothing to fear, as they'd probably be even more stupid than we are.

Mister K

This is our story.
Apr 25, 2011
Obligatory console fanboys answer.

Also, Street Fighter fannboys. I am talking about people that dismiss other fighters without even playing them. Their arguments? Weaboo sh*t, stoopid animu fighter, SF rip-off, etc.
Concerning latter argument: true, many fg franchises started as copies of SF, but blaming them for copying the VERY FIRST fg is like blaming Bioshock devs for ripping of Doom.

And about "animu" argument:
Lemme see...
1)Stoic main characters, that lives only for battle;
2)Arrogant and emotional best friend/rival;
3)Big bad evil guy that wants to conquer the world;
4)Big bad evil guy that lives only to die in battle;
5)pretty boy that loves only himself;
6)TITS EVERYWHERE;
7)Bad storyline
and etc, etc, etc...

OH MY GAWD!!! Street Fighter is shonen animu embodied! Alpha 3 with its anime graphics does not help at all.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Megalodon said:
Become? The show's pretty much always been like this, at least the new series (don't know the classics all that well). Two off the top of my head in the 9th Doctor series; Rose's saved Dad killing himself, reversing Rose's actions brings people back to life, and Rose opening the Tardis core to destroy the Daleks in the series finale while bringing Jack (and only him, why not anyone else the Daleks killed?) back to life.
Killing Jack, just to bring him back, was indeed pretty lame, but it's still not a complete "undo everything bad" that's been featured frequently in later series (the Shakespeare Code, Doomsday, Journey's End, and the latest episode to name a few examples).

With Rose and her dad, at least all the mechanics necessary for the conclusion were laid out. It's not quite a "deus ex machina" when the episode revolves around the inevitability of a sad ending, rather than grabbing an (unfeasible) victory from the jaws of the big bad.

Megalodon said:
I agree about the soap-opera drama, especially last series (no show, you're not going to kill the Doctor, stop trying to make me think you will). But the "romanticization" hasn't really been a thing since Rose/Martha went away. As far as I'm aware, the classic Doctor never travelled with only a male/elderly companion, and that era isn't accused of romanticizeing the Doctor.
The Doctor himself was frequently elderly, not the geek-chic sex-symbol he now seems to be intended to be. By "romanticizing" the Doctor, I don't mean presenting an on-screen romance; they let the teenage imaginations do the work for them.

Megalodon said:
Again, this is show that popularised "reverse the polarity" as a technobabble expalnation/plot fix. This isn't some betrayl that Davies/Moffat have inflicted on a previously plausible Sci-Fi show. It's always been like this.
Looking back over the Ecclestone series, I can't see anything that really qualifies. Perhaps the old series made extensive use of that tired old plot device, in which case, it's not a betrayal, but rather a return to bad form.

Megalodon said:
Pendantry first, Amy is dead, that was Clara. Secondly, the episode is less than a week old, you should have probably put this bit in spoiler tags
Otherwise, you're generally right about this, the finale wasn't massively strong, but it was also far the worst I've seen this show inflict.
You're right. That was poor form. I'll go back and edit.

sky14kemea

Deus Ex-Mod
Jun 26, 2008
And That said:
RTSnab said:
Bronies.

Don't really think I need to explain that one, right?
Wow really?

Guy got suspended for saying he hates bronies?
I looked up on this, because I agree with you that a suspension for that would be unfair.

He was suspended for Low Content. The reason it was a suspension is because his forum health meter was up to that point. (The punishments get higher each time, if you don't wait long enough for a pardon.)

You can always PM a Mod or visit the Moderation user group if you disagree with someones punishment. Though the best course of action is to encourage them to use the appeals system themselves. Since that's usually what will overturn it.

Megalodon

May 14, 2010
Silvanus said:
Megalodon said:
Again, this is show that popularised "reverse the polarity" as a technobabble expalnation/plot fix. This isn't some betrayl that Davies/Moffat have inflicted on a previously plausible Sci-Fi show. It's always been like this.
Looking back over the Ecclestone series, I can't see anything that really qualifies. Perhaps the old series made extensive use of that tired old plot device, in which case, it's not a betrayal, but rather a return to bad form.
Anti-Plastic, from the very first episode? The show's always been firmly on the soft side of Sci-Fi. That said, I think the Ecclestone series is easily the best of the new series, best Doctor, less fan service BS (which really got to be a problem at the end of Tennant's run). Plus the series-spanning metaplot was done with interest and subtlety, which is Moffat's biggest failing since he took over in my view.

excalipoor

Jan 16, 2011
excalipoor said:
Fanboyism doesn't bother me, but haters do.
I just found a particular breed of fan that does bother me: Welcome to the NHK fans who think that the show encourages hikikomori behavior.

I'm not one to kick people when they're down, but it really isn't something you should be proud of... It's not a fucking lifestyle, it's a complete and total lack of a lifestyle!

Orks da best

Oct 12, 2011
ShogunGino said:
While I agree that it's the haters that really cause all the poor reputations of fandoms, its the haters disguised as fans that are reason we can't have nice things. Then ones that who seem like they love something so much that it actually manifests as hatred.

I can just go on and on about how much the Star Wars base annoys me. I only know of one, count them, ONE happy fan who claims to be a Star Wars fan. Everyone else has spent the past several years since 1997 never shutting their mouths as to how the special editions and prequels were the worst thing to happen to human decency since the Holocaust.

There was even a recent thread on this site where some dared to say that he thought Midichlorians were an interesting idea, and several of the responses boiled down to 'No. Just no.' One of them, after saying his 'No. Just no.', said that 'You can't take something as beautiful and pure as the Force as reduce it to a case of eugenics.'

...Beautiful and pure?...It's a made-up energy in a made-up universe wielded by made-up characters! You're treating this thing like its a real religion.

And if you dare mention that the patron saint of science fiction, the holiest of holy films, The Empire Strikes Back, may have a few flaws, well, I hope the nearby observers brought some popcorn, 'cuz shits about to like up like its arma-f**king-geddon. I have, actually, seen on more than one site, where some people have called the movie 'flawless'.

I honestly think the 'fans' have turned Empire into the most overrated film in existence. I honestly think that, until Cloud City, Harrison Ford's and Carrie Fischer's performances were just as stiff as Anakin and Padme, with dialog equally poor. Until Cloud City, every other line out of Han Solo's mouth was a whiny complaint. AT-ATs and AT-STs, no matter how iconic, are poorly designed vehicles of war. AT-ATs are top-heavy, have poor mobility, and a narrow cone of fire. AT-STs have better mobility at the cost of again being top-heavy with thin-ass legs that make it easy to trip.

Whenever I actually bring up these opinions around my fellow college students (going to an art school, you can bet your ass I'm in the minority here), a common response to me poking some holes in their precious nostalgia is 'Well, it's still better than the prequels!'.....I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOTHERF**KING PREQUELS!!

And why didn't Han Solo, Leia, R2 and C3PO get sucked out into space when they went outside the Falcon when they were in the asteroid worm? No one seems to have an answer for that. I could go on, but its nearly 1 a.m., I'm tired, and I feel like summarizing at the risk of shallow rage.

Despite that I think that 80's media, in general, contains the largest amount of people too attached to their nostalgia, I feel it's the Star Wars 'fans' that come across the worst.

I think they use the original trilogy's critical acclaim to justify why they shouldn't take an objective look at the movies again. Well, they all seem to hate Return of the Jedi for the Ewoks alone, so the first two's acclaim. I think they use RedLetterMedia's (interesting, but assholish and annoying, imo) reviews as justification for their hatred, and you can barely find a thread that has someone saying that they kinda enjoyed the prequels without someone posting a link to them followed by a /thread.

And they won't ever need a reason to stop complaining now that Disney wants to release new Star Wars movies yearly, and they dissolved LucasArts and gave the license to EA. And if there's one thing they do best, is complain.

Y'know, a while ago, I heard one of these 'fans' say, in response to the special editions and prequels that 'no one hates Star Wars more than George Lucas'. I used to think that it was just another douche, but now, I'm actually thinking that's true. If I had 'fans' that did nothing but insult me and blame me for every mistake that the developers of video games based on my IP despite the fact that I had nothing to do with it, I'd probably want to sell off the rights, too.

Wow, I wrote both more and less than I intended. Whatever, I'm sleepy.
are you a female, Cause I love right now.

You just said everything I hate about star wars fans, which seem more like haters nowadays.

Heck I like the prequels more than the originals, yea I said it, and no, no one will ever force me to change that viewpoint.

There's other fandoms that annoy me to no end.

Valve fans are among the second on my list of annoying fandoms. Though there the except opposite of star wars fans (haters) in that the blindly love valve and denounce any criticism and dislike any company but valve.

In fact as a whole gamer culture annoys me.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Any fan of any piece of media who ridicules fans of another piece of media because "mine is better". Period.

I'll take that to an extreme:

I'm a fan/player in the World of Darkness franchise. The Masquerade is my favorite flavor of vampire.
I hate the Twilight franchise. I think it's the most utterly stupid depiction of vampirism ever written.

...but if I meet an honest fan of the Twilight series, I will not rub their face in the myriad ways that "my vampires are better than your vampires". If one of my friends starts to do it, I will insult and ridicule that friend for acting like a fucking child.

In essence, that's a side-effect of mob mentality, the unthinking "us vs them" attitude that has held humanity back and caused us to perpetrate atrocity after atrocity throughout our history... and it's the one thing I feel absolutely justified in hating with all of my being.

Mycroft Holmes

Sep 26, 2011
I don't really have too much of a problem with it. There are some IPs and genres that I just plain don't get people liking at all. But I don't really hate fans. Maybe hardcore sports fans... but that's not really a nerd fan base.

DavidBowieNoReally said:
the stuff that people come up with next doesn't even make a lick of sense... and you can only explain it as fan service... ...a lightsaber? He's not a Jedi... stop it already!
Stop!
STOP!
How does this not make sense? Do light sabers have a special evaporate mode that was never explained in any of the movies or ever used in any novel or videogame?

If he killed Jedis why the fuck wouldn't he pick up their lightsabers and consider using them? Seems like a pretty fucking powerful tool to me, even if he can't use the force and deflect lasers with it; it can still cut through pretty much anything.

If you want to complain about something complain about the fact that hes fighting Darth Vader which actually does make no sense. He's a mercenary who has at times yielded lucrative contracts from the empire, also jedis have precognition and have been training with lightsabers their whole lives. So it would make no sense for him to pull a weapon because not only would it hurt his career but choosing a lightsaber specifically is the path that puts him at the most disadvantage. It would be like a marine sniper deciding that instead of fighting at a range using his greatest skill he should instead try to fight an MMA champion at fisty cuffs.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Azwrath said:
Lil devils x said:
That is the thing, most people completely like something that others find disgusting. I personally like fresh broccoli and am perfectly okay with the fact that others might find that repulsive. That is the difference between fanboism and just liking something. I do not feel any need to convince others to like something. I do not feel any need to defend my liking broccoli. But the minute you tell someone you think anime is as repulsive as dog poo, they feel a need to defend it as can be seen in this very thread. It isn't my words that are the problem here, as most do not think twice when someone says "eww eating bugs is gross!" while others in India, for example, think it is a great treat!

Anime to me is no different than some people enjoy eating bugs. What is there to discuss? If someone doesn't like something, that should be fine. No one should try to convince them to like something they do not like. It is only " rampant nerd fanboism" that makes one wish to defend something like that. I think my point has been proven on this very thread that when someone says " anime sucks", Nerd fanbois act accordingly in it's defense. LOL

I avoid Anime threads for a very good reason. I don't seek out confrontations with Anime fanbois, they are entitled to like what they like, I just don't want to see it, so they need to stop trying to make me. :)

So yes, I would like to beat Anime fanboism with a stick. Is that really so bad?

EDIT: It is funny though that if someone says " eww eating bugs is gross!" they are not labled a "hater" but if they say" eww Anime is gross!" they are.
No, that is not the thing. You did not say you dislike anime or that you dislike people who watch anime. Nobody on this forum would have a big problem with that. What you did is you went out of your way to try and prove that anime are crap and that nobody in their right mind should watch them. You just named yourself the judge, jury and executioner of what is good and what is not in this world.

You keep generalizing by using the term anime fanboys. Anime series have alot of different art styles, different themes, different stories, different characters... and some people like one style but hate another. So there is no such thing as an anime fanboy. That's like saying music fanboy or movie fanboy.

As for you food comparison, tell me this. If you see someone coming out of a pizza place and you go up to them on the street and start being all like: , do you really believe that if they liked pizza they would not be offended? or at least annoyed?

So people do not have a problem with the fact that you mentioned anime. What people have a problem with is that fact that you make ignorant and offensive statements and try to disguise them as opinions.

And when someone tries to explain to you why your statement is wrong you just dismiss them as fanboys and go on insulting them.
Funny stuff here. Did I go over to the Anime threads and start dissing them? No I did not. I did not go throw Anime blood on their Anime fur coats and start harrassing them now did I? No, I stated my opinion on what fanboism I would like to beat with a stick and somehow the Anime fanbois go nuts. It would seem that it is the Anime fanbois that cannot stand for someone to think Anime is dog poo, that is their problem not mine.

I could care less if someone says " pizza is gross". That IS the difference here that you fail to understand. I am not obsessed with Pizza to the point that I would feel the need to defend it. I am perfectly fine that people do not like things I do. The way anime fanbois act in particular makes them come across as OCD because they for some reason cannot understand how someone can know about Anime, the different styles, and think that it is complete and utter garbage.
That is not trying to disguise anything as an opinion. It IS an opinion, and I am entitled to have one just as well as anyone else is. LOL

Hell I don't need to beat Rampant Anime Nerd Fanboism with a stick, I need to drop an anvil on them so they can stop it. They can't even stand for someone to post in a thread about beating fanboism with a stick without getting all worked up about it.:)

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Balberoth said:
Lil devils x said:
Just because I don't like soap operas does not mean I don't like television.
Just because I don't like Final fantasy games due to their art style does not eman I don;t like games.
Just because I don't like romance novels does not eman I don't like books.

There is a difference. Anime is just one crappy subsection of cartoons. I personally love Southpark, but think whoever thought of Cowboy Bebop should have been dropped on their head a couple of more times until they came to their senses. That doesn't mean I don;t like cartoons, I just really really don't like those kind of cartoons.

I should not have to defend not liking them, it is a matter of taste. I wouldn't expect someone to explain not liking southpark, Hell if they said " southpark sucks flea infested prosimians." I wouldn't think twice about it. It is the fanboism that makes one think they should care what someone else dislikes. LOL
Yeah, this is getting a little ridiculous now.
You've explained that you don't like anime and that you find anime fanboys to be the most irritating form, as asked for by the OP.
As a result of this an argument has gone on for three pages about how you aren't allowed to dismiss anime because you haven't seen every single example of it ever created.
You've explained repeatedly that you are not obliged to justify yourself in not liking something anyway, and that the fanboyism toward anime is what you find irritating, not the fact that other people enjoy it, and yet still they're going on and on about it!
If your original intention was to draw them out and have them prove your claims about them correct then congratulations, you've done that superbly.
I share your sentiment about anime itself and the fanboyism around it, and I also find Western superhero comics to be very similar in that even the "adult" ones have storylines and characterization that are clearly aimed at the level of comprehension of an early teenager.
Doesn't mean that I don't think they should exist or that others are "wrong" for liking them, but the next person who tells me that I'd really like "The Adventures Of Plush-Toy-Man, the man who became an unstoppable hero after a teleportation incident with his murdered daughter's favourite toy gave him the power to see through wooden doors, and who travels America righting wrongs and having painfully awkward and badly-written emotional scenes with a series of improbably loose women." is going to be hospitalized with a sturdy rock.
I don't like comics.
I've not liked them since early childhood.
Stop incessantly recommending them to me when WE HAVE HAD THIS CONVERSATION A THOUSAND TIMES, AND EVERY TIME I TOLD YOU THAT I DON'T LIKE COMICS! This comic is not "different from all the others" and it's unlikely that I'll like it, so unlikely that I won't waste my time with it, so stop wasting yours on this pointless crusade.
LOL! Yes, I would have to say Anime fans are among the worst when it comes to someone genuinely not liking what they like. Scary even. I also am not a fan of western superhero comics and find them to be insanely lame, and also have seen how defensive people have been over those as well. It is all so strange the way they have bonded with their cartoons. Anime fans are much worse though from what I have seen. I just don't " get" how emotionally attached they have become to these things that make them take it so personally when someone doesn't share their enthusiasm for something.

What I really find odd about this is that I am a hobby artist myself, sold art for a while in college, and was paid to do custom work. Even if it was something from my OWN imagination, art that I created and someone says " that's the crappiest thing I have ever seen" after I spent countless hours on it, I would not be offended in the least. I think it is a personality issue that creates the rampant fanboism in the first place. I have no idea why they care so much about the fact that someone else might think it crap. It is madness!

Azwrath

Feb 23, 2012
Lil devils x said:
I'm sorry it took me so long to see your trollish flaming nature. It's just that i have not encountered many such folk on The Escapist so i guess i was not expecting it. I'l stop replying to you after this since there is no point, but just in case you are not intentionally flaming i would just advise you to look up the words fanboy and opinion. They might not mean what you think they mean.

Have good day, or night depending on where you live.

P.S. i was apologizing to the OP for going off-topic.

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
Azwrath said:
Lil devils x said:
I'm sorry it took me so long to see your trollish flaming nature. It's just that i have not encountered many such folk on The Escapist so i guess i was not expecting it. I'l stop replying to you after this since there is no point, but just in case you are not intentionally flaming i would just advise you to look up the words fanboy and opinion. They might not mean what you think they mean.

Have good day, or night depending on where you live.

P.S. i was apologizing to the OP for going off-topic.
Trollish and flaming now? Really that is funny. If you would like, you could review my quite lengthy post history, and it should reveal that I am neither "trollish nor flaming". I sincerely do not enjoy the rampant Anime fanboism, yet If I say so they swarm like flies. Even going as far as reporting saying " fanboi in a fan boism thread. Funny stuff there. Over 3,500 posts without a single warning, but if you say fanboi in a fanboism thread you should be reported! LOL I needed a good laugh TY. :)

You can take your own advice:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboy
fanboy

September 19, 2006 Urban Word of the Day

A passionate fan of various elements of geek culture (e.g. sci-fi, comics, Star Wars, video games, anime, hobbits, Magic: the Gathering, etc.), but who lets his passion override social graces.
fanboy

1. A person who is completely loyal to a game or company reguardless of if they suck or not.
2. A pathetic insult often used by fanboys themselves to try and put down people who don't like whatever it is they like.

Fanboy

Someone far beyond a simple fan.
No, not the tye of fan which keeps people cool.

An arrogant person who goes into an outburst every time something he likes is questioned. Fanboys usually acuse others of being fanboys. Usually use 1337 and swarm MMORPGs. Fanboys caused alot of fallouts between people when they started arguing about consoles. If you insult something that a fanboy likes, he will spam your computer up and try to insult something that you like. Most words a fanboy uses are in 1337 or end with 'X0RZ' and they spell the work 'the' as 'teh' because they think that it is 'teh

Definition of OPINION
a : a view, judgment, or appraisal formed in the mind about a particular matter
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

The dictionary is your friend. :)

EDIT: I would also like to add The definition of Fanboi, since I feel this is the appropriate spelling to address rampant fanboism:

fanboi

Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with thier particular thing.
Fanboi

Deliberate mispelling of the word 'fanboy' typically referring to an annoying, immature fan of a specific video game console.

Now in this case, I replace " gaming console" with " Anime".
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fanboi
You have a great day too! :)