Random urge to cry. Any else?

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
It's odd, and all kinds of fucked up. But, I randomly feel urges to just cry, regaurdless of my current situation. It struck me earlier today while shopping for clothes. It's just hits me, I it's all I can do to not just curl up and start balling my eyes out.

Anyone else get this feeling, or something similar. And furthermore, anyone else have a possible explanation. I'm starting to think that I'm clinicaly depressed, as several of the signs are showing up.

BennoTheDutch

Jun 7, 2010
I don't have any similar experiences, but if you think it's serious enough you should maybe go see a doctor.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I've never had an urge to cry. It only occurs when three things happen:

A) I am in great pain (emotional/physical)

B) I witness or hear about someone else in great pain

C) Something profoundly beautiful happens

[sub][sub]Reading something today made me cry actually... I still feel awful about it even though I'm not involved[/sub][/sub]

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
No not really.

I cry when I'm sad though. I feel no need to hold it back.

I don't care if it makes me less of a "man" it's good to cry every once in a while.

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
I get random emotional urges, I generally know where they come from (but I doubt you want a life story in the middle of your thread), I just ignore them. My urges are anger based: Urge to slap, urge to yell, urge to chew out, urge to smash, ect.

I just ignore the feeling until I get home and the if I still need to deal with the emotion I use a video game or a book to deal with it.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
Sometimes.
It usually happens after a long period of time.
Though i figure its because i hold in emotions like that until im alone or i get over them.

But if you feel something is really Wrong, then go see a doctor.
It can never hurt to just to just have yourself checked out and be able to talk to someone.

twcblaze

Lurker Extraordinaire
Jun 18, 2009
the last time I had an urge to cry that I couldn't immediately explain was the first time I watched Kick Ass, near the very beginning, when he's protecting the guy getting jumped... the sad truth of that situation just hit me like a ton of bricks

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Julianking93 said:
I don't care if it makes me less of a "man" it's good to cry every once in a while.
I feel that it's an important part of getting over loss. It also helps to remind you that you're human. Some things can only be expressed through tears, and that's just fine with me.

So, yeah, I agree.

OT: I've never had the urge to cry for no reason. Though I certainly don't hold back when I actually feel like crying.

SeriousSquirrel

Mar 15, 2010
Judas Iscariot said:
Eh, happens every now and then. Same as flares in temper when I just want to smash shit.
A nice big soft pillow for the emo moments and a punching bag for the rage flares and I am set.
But ya, I just let it happen if I am in private since if I try to bottle it up it eats at me day after day until I finally do it. Plus I always feel soo fucking awesome after I let it out.
I get the anger thing too, little things set me off and damn...

And, is there any way to see a pchyciatrist (spelled horribly) on the down low? I'm a minor, and I'd prefer that my parents didn't have to deal with this until it's at least confirmed.

Omikron009

May 22, 2009
A few years ago when I had just gone off of prozac I constantly felt the urge to cry in situations where I didn't even feel very emotional. It was bizarre, and somewhat embarassing. It's stopped now.

Dango

Feb 11, 2010
Yeah, every once and a while, when I think about my whole life I get kinda in a crying mood. And when I think about Clannad.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
I have this weird emotional state where I show minimal emotion for months on end, then one day without warning so minor thing will upset me I have to release all the emotions I haven't shown I one huge burst that can last a couple of hours.

temporalcrux

Nov 9, 2009
There's a New Age theory that since the entire universe is connected by vibrations, with all the numbers of stars in existence, the moment one of them dies, that star matches your vibration and you cry. Not just stars, though, but all living things, everywhere. That "God, I just woke up and I'm horribly sad for no reason" feeling might just be that at that moment, some object or creature that was as close to being a part of you as universal vibrations would allow had just.... stopped vibrating.

temporalcrux

Nov 9, 2009
RoyalSorceress said:
I have this weird emotional state where I show minimal emotion for months on end, then one day without warning so minor thing will upset me I have to release all the emotions I haven't shown I one huge burst that can last a couple of hours.
That's actually a mental disorder, though I can't for the life of me remember the name of it. It's best seen to immediately.

Betancore

Apr 23, 2010
Nothing wrong with crying, but if you feel like crying for no reason, you should probably it checked out. For one, it can interfere with your daily life if you frequently feel this way, and secondly, it doesn't sound very normal. Hope it gets better for you. A few months ago, when I was going through some pretty heavy duty depression, I often felt like just giving up and crying, but I'm a lot better now. So I hope that you'll feel the same way soon.

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
I wish I could cry randomly for no reason, it would help let out some of the emotion I bottle up. However, it takes a lot to make me cry, and I usually cry for roughly 30 seconds max.

Despite popular belief, the inability to cry is actually a detriment. Crying releases negative emotion, it allows you to heal in a sense. If you never cried then your emotions would probably tear you apart. Everyone cries, no matter what they say, I do, but not often enough.

Feeling the urge to cry for no reason is normal, it's usually your body reacting to something on a subconscious level.