Rare stuff you own

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I recently found out that I own the very first Powerman 5000 album which is appearenlty incredibly rare.

CAMDAWG

Jul 27, 2011
I've got a pair of football boots worn by, scored with, and signed by Archie Thompson, which probably means nothing to anybody outside australia, and probably most people inside Australia, but he's a prominent figure in recent Melbourne football, and he's from Bathurst which is where my family's from.

And he's a world record holder.

Lady Larunai

Nov 30, 2010
I have a small Tin toy collection ranging from the 40's to 70's and a few sealed megadrive games

Jason Rayes

Sep 5, 2012
I have a lot of original Carl Barks Disney comics. Some of the earliest date back to the early 1940's. This was the guy who invented Scrooge McDuck and a few other Disney characters that have since become pretty famous. The Duck Tales series and even Indiana Jones take some inspiration from Barks comics:

[link]http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2007/12/13/comic-book-urban-legends-revealed-133/[/link]

White_Lama

Feb 23, 2011
The Halo 3 Legendary Edition is the rarest thing I got I believe.
I do have a WWII Wehrmacht helmet, unfortunately someone has repainted it since the war.
And I also have a card signed by AC/DC.

Hattingston

Jan 22, 2012
I have a Collector's Edition copy of Serenity signed by Nathan Fillion, and a plush "explodable"(rumble when you pull the cord) lemon signed by the VAs of GladOS and Cave Johnson (who actually look like Caroline and Cave in the paintings!). Yeah, Comic Con was pretty rad this year.

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
a gun from 1818. it is currently sitting on top of the office shelf i am next to right now. looking old and pretty usable(it isn't thought). the trigger is broken of after my 5 years old cousin was visiting and he realized he wanted to try it when i wasn't looking. also the inside of the barrel could use some (lots of) cleaning. but it still looks awesome.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
Let's see, I have 2 pristine, unopened copies of the HeroQuest and Space Crusade board games. I have the same thing with FF7 and FF8 on the PS1, not so much rare as valuable.

I do have a few signed things, the His Dark Materials trilogy and an old version Hobbit (but it's not in good condition). I also have a massive poster of darth vader signed by christen haydenson. Anyone want it?

TriGGeR_HaPPy

Another Regular. ^_^
May 22, 2008
Umm... I don't have too much rare stuff...

I have an original PC game CD of Sonic 3 & Knuckles collection, still play it every now and then. Came with Baku Baku and some Garfield game on the CD too haha.
I also have the original 2 installer/game cd's for Total Annihilation.
No idea how rare these actually are though.

I also have a pretty big Amethyst, easily bigger than both of my hands across, very thick, and the actual crystals are big and really dark too, from when my family was on vacation in Uruguay. Got them from an Amethyst mine warehouse just 10 minutes from the mine, which is why it was so cheap for such good quality.
Though I guess that's not exactly a rare crystal, one as big and dark as mine is certainly rare here in Aus. To get one my quality here would be hundreds and hundreds of dollars, even a stone the size of your palm with very light purple amethysts is upwards of $50 here haha.

... Yeah, I'm stretching for what I'm considering "rare", but that's just because I don't actually own that much rare stuff at all, have pity on me. :p

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
The closest I have to this is the original boxed versions of the Age of Empires series. Collector's where possible. Some of these hit about $100 on eBay.

Other than that, I have a Damascus steel longsword. Not unique, but unusual and pretty.

Psychedelic Spartan

Sep 15, 2011
Nouw said:
I have many of the early Bionicles, Lego franchise, which are pretty hard to get nowadays. I'm talking about the very first ones as well, the original Toa's.
I have all 6 of those, and many of the next generations as well, seeing as between the ages of 6 and 10, I was absolutely obsessed with Bionicles. In addition, I have some a rock collection, which includes a very large chunk of native copper. Otherwise, I don't have very many rare things...

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
I don't think I have anything all that rare. Even if it is rare I don't think it's valuable. I have a couple of the limited edition Warhammer 40K books that came with loads of cool stuff like the Sabat Worlds Crusade that came with a t-shirt, mess tin, patch, Cup, and cool box. I occasionally eat beans out of the mess tin, and I use the box to keep my bank statements, etc in.

Bobipine

Jan 22, 2010
I dunno... is this rare? (though not first edition)

probably the only thing I could think of, maybe the bionicle first six characters which many here seems to have collected as well, a not yellowed by the sun or something SNES (pretty sure anyway, been a while since I've seen it). I should try to look into stuff I have and see sometime.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Uh, let me think... I've got a violin that's about 100 years old and a few thousands worth.
Apart from that I don't recall anything at the moment.

Veldel

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Legacy
Apr 28, 2010
Lost in my mind
Country
US
I own a legit Japanese Katana that my sister got me when i was younger sense she lived there.

I also own a copy of Pokemon Green which didnt come out in the US

Dfskelleton

Apr 6, 2010
I have an actual physical copy of the original Silent Hill game, and somehow, a vintage title plate for that old arcade game, Wizard of Wor.
The rarest thing I own, though, is a really old pocket sized book of speeches by Abraham Lincoln. It's was published in the early 1800's, and it's still barely hanging together.

Shemming

Jun 12, 2010
A full set of the origional bionicles, and full sets of the 2nd set.
A copy of the Thud! board game that was released with a Thud! book.
I had a copy of spacehulk, but now some parts are missing (see stolen)
Probably some old and rare books, but I dont really know.