Ratchet & Clank On PS4 Isn't Just a Remake

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
9,354
0
0
Ratchet & Clank On PS4 Isn't Just a Remake

Insomniac Game's return to the Ratchet & Clank franchise won't be a remake, but an entirely new game.

Read Full Article
 

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
7,507
3
43
I could be more excited . But then I'd physically explode from said excitement
 

Raggedstar

New member
Jul 5, 2011
753
0
0
It may not be a remake, but I totally recognize these enemies and some of the exact locations (ex. that bit in Pokitaru).

I'm intrigued. The first Ratchet and Clank is a bit rough around the edges (strafingplz), so let's see what happens.
 

Post Tenebrae Morte

New member
Jun 6, 2011
267
0
0
Honestly, before I started my ratchet and clank series playthrough, I thought this was a waste. Now, I understand how rough the original truly is and as such, as long as they keep quark working for the baddie, I'm good. Two and up are fine, the original is the only one needing a revamp.
 

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
18,308
2,740
118
Yeah boyyyyyyy!!!

I have zero hope for that movie, but a PS4 reimagining of the first game..? *drool*
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
Oh my. Didn't know they were doing this. It looks incredibly attractive! The film I shall probably try to ignore, but this...I want this. Oh pliis gimmi this!
Also, that kart racing game that they had on the ps2, the one that at least rivalled Mario-kart if not surpassed it...maybe, if it wouldn't be too much effort, perhaps a reimagining of that too please? Or was that Jak and Dexter?
 

linkblade91

Senior Member
Dec 2, 2009
254
0
21
YAY I wasn't thrilled about a remake, but I'll take a "re-imagining" lol

The first Ratchet & Clank is arguably the weakest in the series (no strafe? no service!), so an even better version with improved controls would be appreciated. That it is even more than that is super awesome.

Edit: Wait, the Bouncer is a pre-order exclusive?! NOOOOOoooooOOOOOooOOo! That's one of my all-time favorite weapons, you...bastards D:
 
Apr 17, 2009
1,751
0
0
I'm hoping one of those new boss fights is a battle against that robot lieutenant guy who shows up in the early stages a bit, wusses out on Eudora, and then is never seen again.
Seriously, what was up with that?

Oh, and more of giant Clank plz?
 

Charli

New member
Nov 23, 2008
3,445
0
0
Weren't they the same guys that said they won't return to games of this ilk because they weren't feeling like fuzzy mascot characters were the thing to do anymore... or was that Naughtydog?

Anyway, regardless I'm aware this is just to drum up awareness for the supposed Ratchet and Clank movie, so I hope they don't phone it in... that would be ill advised.
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
animeh1star1a said:
"In the PS4 version"

Can i dream?! Dream of a day where ratchet and clank can be played on pc! I dont want to have to buy a PS4 to play this game!!! [email protected]!!!
Franchise rights are owned and controlled by Sony. Not a snowballs chance in hell of getting a PC version.
 

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
5,498
1
3
Country
United States
TimeLord said:
I could be more excited . But then I'd physically explode from said excitement
Me too, man.

I'm trying to contain my excitement just for the sake of the country I'm in since I having a feeling I would destroy everything.

CAN'T WAIT.
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
gigastar said:
animeh1star1a said:
"In the PS4 version"

Can i dream?! Dream of a day where ratchet and clank can be played on pc! I dont want to have to buy a PS4 to play this game!!! [email protected]!!!
Franchise rights are owned and controlled by Sony. Not a snowballs chance in hell of getting a PC version.
What if Sony Gaming goes third party? After all, out of their history they've been deep in the red for 85% of it even including the hight of the PS2 era. Frankly I'm amazed the PS4 was made at all and that they haven't just gone into publishing due to their whole corporate family having financial issues so bad Columbia Pictures is working with Marvel on the next Spider-Man movie. If Sony is working with Marvel on a Spider-Man movie, I think they might just be in a bad enough financial situation that going publisher may be what happens after the current generation.
 

Raggedstar

New member
Jul 5, 2011
753
0
0
Quoted you both because the answer is almost the same.

Xsjadoblayde said:
Also, that kart racing game that they had on the ps2, the one that at least rivalled Mario-kart if not surpassed it...maybe, if it wouldn't be too much effort, perhaps a reimagining of that too please? Or was that Jak and Dexter?
That would be Jak X (though Ratchet is in it as a bonus character, so you were close). I agree that it should be ported since the PS2 original I hear had a really nasty bug that was never fixed. Ratchet's spin-off at the time was Deadlocked, and while it was ported, it was a real shoddy job. The frame rate...oh geeze the frame rate.

EDIT: You could also be thinking of Crash Team Racing too, which is a bit more Mario Kart-like. Though that was late PS1 as opposed to PS2.

Charli said:
Weren't they the same guys that said they won't return to games of this ilk because they weren't feeling like fuzzy mascot characters were the thing to do anymore... or was that Naughtydog?
Ya, that was Naughty Dog. Insomniac, even besides Ratchet, is still heavily involved in cute cartoony games.
 

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
5,231
241
68
I'm glad the fad of making gritty dark versions of classic characters is fading, or I would be worried about Ratchet & Clank.
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
Zontar said:
gigastar said:
animeh1star1a said:
"In the PS4 version"

Can i dream?! Dream of a day where ratchet and clank can be played on pc! I dont want to have to buy a PS4 to play this game!!! [email protected]!!!
Franchise rights are owned and controlled by Sony. Not a snowballs chance in hell of getting a PC version.
What if Sony Gaming goes third party? After all, out of their history they've been deep in the red for 85% of it even including the hight of the PS2 era. Frankly I'm amazed the PS4 was made at all and that they haven't just gone into publishing due to their whole corporate family having financial issues so bad Columbia Pictures is working with Marvel on the next Spider-Man movie. If Sony is working with Marvel on a Spider-Man movie, I think they might just be in a bad enough financial situation that going publisher may be what happens after the current generation.
If, IF that ever happens, i suspect it will still be a long time before we see any Sony games rescued from the hypothetical post PS-death limbo.

And thats without bringing up non-Sony controlled exclusives...
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
gigastar said:
If, IF that ever happens, i suspect it will still be a long time before we see any Sony games rescued from the hypothetical post PS-death limbo.

And thats without bringing up non-Sony controlled exclusives...
I think that it would actually be pretty quick on account of wanting to continue to make money. Hell, in about 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if companies which used to be dedicated to Sony exclusives who aren't under their control started crossing the aisle
 

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
4,419
0
0
Zontar said:
gigastar said:
If, IF that ever happens, i suspect it will still be a long time before we see any Sony games rescued from the hypothetical post PS-death limbo.

And thats without bringing up non-Sony controlled exclusives...
I think that it would actually be pretty quick on account of wanting to continue to make money. Hell, in about 5 years I wouldn't be surprised if companies which used to be dedicated to Sony exclusives who aren't under their control started crossing the aisle
Well i know some Japanese companies are already bringing thier JRPGs over from Vita to PC.

It continues to confound me why Atlus isnt one of them.
 

megaflash

New member
May 28, 2014
26
0
0
I am looking forward to this, it looks a lot better and I am glad they aren't just remaking it play-by-play.

I noticed they put in the board racing minigame that was wonky as hell in the original. I sincerely hope it plays better.