Ratchet & Clank On PS4 Isn't Just a Remake

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well it looks like I'm going to have to get a PS4 some time within the next year. Probably going to wait till like a month or less before the release to get one, but one will be bought before that time.... Or not, I might just buy the game and then get a PS4 at a slightly later point, but we'll see.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Raggedstar said:
That would be Jak X (though Ratchet is in it as a bonus character, so you were close). I agree that it should be ported since the PS2 original I hear had a really nasty bug that was never fixed. Ratchet's spin-off at the time was Deadlocked, and while it was ported, it was a real shoddy job. The frame rate...oh geeze the frame rate.

EDIT: You could also be thinking of Crash Team Racing too, which is a bit more Mario Kart-like. Though that was late PS1 as opposed to PS2.
Jak X is the one, I remember it now, thankyou! Never got to try out Deadlocked, at the time, even Jak X was a cheap lucky buy as I was expecting something like the Crash team racing you mentioned. Was pleasantly impressed to say the least. Kinda unfortunate that it's a NaughtyDog property, so it may be left to obscurity. Though aren't they HDing the Jak and Dexter collection? I must investigate...

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
Xsjadoblayde said:
Raggedstar said:
That would be Jak X (though Ratchet is in it as a bonus character, so you were close). I agree that it should be ported since the PS2 original I hear had a really nasty bug that was never fixed. Ratchet's spin-off at the time was Deadlocked, and while it was ported, it was a real shoddy job. The frame rate...oh geeze the frame rate.

EDIT: You could also be thinking of Crash Team Racing too, which is a bit more Mario Kart-like. Though that was late PS1 as opposed to PS2.
Jak X is the one, I remember it now, thankyou! Never got to try out Deadlocked, at the time, even Jak X was a cheap lucky buy as I was expecting something like the Crash team racing you mentioned. Was pleasantly impressed to say the least. Kinda unfortunate that it's a NaughtyDog property, so it may be left to obscurity. Though aren't they HDing the Jak and Dexter collection? I must investigate...
A developer called Mass Media did the Jak and Daxter collection on PS3 in 2012 and the port was decent (though an important cutscene in Jak 2 buggered up. I don't think it was patched). The Vita port I think came a year or two after, and I hear it was pretty poor.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I loved Ratchet and Clank because it took the cliches of a bunch of platformers and kind of stomped on them a bit. No longer did one use "moves" or anything like that. You just blasted the **** out of enemies now with this mind-bogglingly big array of sweet looking weapons.

Although I did find it a little infuriating and hilarious, story-wise, that Ratchet just lets others boss him around even though he has enough weapons and ammo to take down an entire armada.

Asclepion

Aug 16, 2011
Emulation. Every game is on PC.

I'll look into emulating this one, if by the time a PS4 emulator is usable I'm not too busy having Toph Beifong step on my face in VR.

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
<---

I'm so very happy right now. PS4 purchase validated (if it's good that is).