Ray Kurzweil Predicts Human Immortality in 20 Years

Dabchan

Jun 10, 2009
mmm...well, we did make it to space about 50 years flight was first developed so...sure, why not?

May 28, 2009
Hm, this poses the obvious dilemma of what to do with the fact that the world will soon become overpopulated due to it being infested with immortal folk. Hmm... it appears immortality requires mass sterilisation. THE MORAL HORROR!

I don't like this "inject intelligence" thing though - some of us actually work for our intelligence.

May 28, 2009
VanityGirl said:
NooooOooOooOo, I don't want immortality, it will be an excuse for people to run around saying they're vampires and that they're married to the Twilght boy!!
My God you've just convinced me in a single sentence that this idea is potentially evil! We must dispose of Mr. Kurzweil before he is allowed to unleash such an abomination of nature upon humanity!

Twilight makes me angry.

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I don't think I'd want that. If the human element is taken out, nothing becomes an achievement.
besides, if nanos can keep you alive, they can kill you.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
Nanotechnology is the new flying car. Thirty years from now there will be wonderful advances in fields that either do not exist currently, or nobody could have imagined would progress in the direction they did. I predict that power consumption will continue to increase, devices will continue to get smaller and smaller, and that nanotech will be common place. However it will be nothing like that. Nanotech will be more along the lines of what it already is today custom built wonder compounds. I compare it to the flying car because that was an impractical piece of technology that everyone assumed would be common place just around the corner. The preveling thought is that nanotech is the next wonder segment of technology that is going to single-handedly remake our lives. Maybe somewhere far in the future with a better understanding of the way human bodies work we will be able to prolong the aging process and eventualy reverse it, but I doubt fully it will come in as short a time as 20 years.

Not that I don't hope it will. I will still be alive and would love to get my hands on a near immortality shot.

A random person

Apr 20, 2009
Gebi10000 said:
meeh, who wants to live forever?

But on topic, this would be awesome, though I really doubt it will actually happen.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
Nanobots in 20 years? Possible. A strong enough understanding of how the brain works so as to let nanobots manipulate it (in 20 years)? Ridiculous.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
wow if it wasn't for the who unplausible details that'd be cool!

Mind you I think that if you under gow robo treatment you have to be castrated... all sensations could be digitized anyways..

I think this will be possible 60 years from now, after they get the kinks outa it, and won't be avaible to civillians 'till 2150 that sounds like a fair estimate. But truthfully I think we'll all be dead by 2150. Some asshat will finnally make anti matter... As demoman puts it "KABLEWIE!!!!"

Oh shi- what happens if you get a computer virus in the middle of cyber sex?

Do you get cyber aids??!!!

XD

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Cajt said:
I just hope this isn't another "We'll have flying cars by year 2000!"-thing.
Of COURSE it will. People are shit, don't you listen to Yahtzee? This might happen by around 2400, I doubt anytime before 2100. Don't let yourself get hyped by technological advances, we have Apple around to fuck us all up and destroy all the REAL technology.

skitzo van

Mar 20, 2009
Its easy to predict, I predict at least one asshole will be arrested for rape on 12/22/2012 and his defending statement will be "I thought it was the end of the world!". See? Easy.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
God, Immortality was suck hardcore. There would be no way to get rid of the people I hate. If immortality suddenly becomes viable, murder better be made legal, I'm just saying.

DarkDain

Jul 31, 2007
Sounds like the end of the world... And you wouldnt live forever, you'd live until you didnt want too anymore.